• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SyrupForBlood

SyrupForBlood

A Sweet Sadness
Jul 21, 2024
Maladaptive daydreaming has been like such a good form of escapism for me but also makes me sad because i now spend a-lot of time either sleeping or daydreaming. I think it helps me cope with past experiences but also throws me further back into my own anti-social sadness when it comes to having to actually go out. Like most of the time I'd rather sleep than go outside anymore. I like not having to think and just stay in my own little happy storyline. My anxiety and ocd-fueled intrusive thoughts make it so hard to actually think without feeling awful, so it's nice to be happy for a little while. I genuinely can't tell if it's helping or hurting right now but I'm too attached to these stories to stop.

Cheers to Fanfics for fulling my maladaptive brainrot.

• Hugs
Reactions: MyaMia, 54378, Buffy and 10 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I've been utilizing maladaptive daydreaming as well as an escapism. Having my own characters and stories, worlds created and even more. I honestly think that this is a post I've been waiting to read bc finally someone understands one of the things I'm going through on here I've been too nervous to speak on

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, lovedread, Venessolotic and 1 other person
SyrupForBlood

SyrupForBlood

A Sweet Sadness
Jul 21, 2024
I've been utilizing maladaptive daydreaming as well as an escapism. Having my own characters and stories, worlds created and even more. I honestly think that this is a post I've been waiting to read bc finally someone understands one of the things I'm going through on here I've been too nervous to speak on
I'm sorry you've felt nervous! Maladaptive daydreaming is such a important coping mechanism for me so I'm also glad to have others understand how it feels to use escapism.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic
Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
I've been sleeping aggressively the past few months. I dream pretty intensely when I'm asleep. I've been sleeping so much though it's been making me rather weak after a few months. Some days I don't even want to move it's pretty bad. It's a shame because I have a really nice entertainment setup. To high quality 65 inch TVS connected to a work station PC And I'm financially stable enough where I don't need to work. And I still don't like existing:'(.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GoatHerder, Venessolotic and SyrupForBlood
SyrupForBlood

SyrupForBlood

A Sweet Sadness
Jul 21, 2024
I've been sleeping aggressively the past few months. I dream pretty intensely when I'm asleep. I've been sleeping so much though it's been making me rather weak after a few months. Some days I don't even want to move it's pretty bad. It's a shame because I have a really nice entertainment setup. To high quality 65 inch TVS connected to a work station PC And I'm financially stable enough where I don't need to work. And I still don't like existing:'(.
I feel really weak and unhungry after sleeping for days straight so i get how dreadful the fatigue can be :c

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic
WinterLovesMe

WinterLovesMe

Stargazer
Jun 23, 2023
This reminds me a lot of my own experiences with a Tulpa. Reality has been far too lonely and difficult, and people are so unreliable, so I decided to create someone who would always be there for me. Maladaptive Daydreaming is such a double edged sword. It's so fun, appealing, and also comforting. Whenever terrible things happen, I can try to calm myself down and say 'Don't worry Sally; as soon as this is done, we can go back to that happy place'. But I also know how unhealthy it is, and that it doesn't actually help improve my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: SyrupForBlood
hematomatema

hematomatema

Feb 29, 2024
This but not many dreams...I've considered taking melatonin just to make the sleeping even better but I'm scared I'll like it too much and sleep all day every day

• Hugs
SyrupForBlood

SyrupForBlood

A Sweet Sadness
Jul 21, 2024
This reminds me a lot of my own experiences with a Tulpa. Reality has been far too lonely and difficult, and people are so unreliable, so I decided to create someone who would always be there for me. Maladaptive Daydreaming is such a double edged sword. It's so fun, appealing, and also comforting. Whenever terrible things happen, I can try to calm myself down and say 'Don't worry Sally; as soon as this is done, we can go back to that happy place'. But I also know how unhealthy it is, and that it doesn't actually help improve my life.
I'm sorry your dealing with loneliness, i think the reassurance of a safe space is always nice to have, but i definitely understand that it gets to a point where its harder to improve because so much time is spent in a head-space or daydream. I wish people made it easier to have safe spaces but unfortunately the safest place to be ends up being your own head a-lot of the time.
This but not many dreams...I've considered taking melatonin just to make the sleeping even better but I'm scared I'll like it too much and sleep all day every day
I've definitely overtaken melatonin in the past purposely and accidentally (darn adhd brain) so be careful so you avoid unintentional sickness, but as long as your not taking too much back to back/staying in normal doses (I think) you should be alright if your just looking for a improved sleep quality. My experience with melatonin has been lackluster, and it tends to not really increase sleeping time, rather make it easier for me to actually fall asleep, though it varies from person to person so figure out what's right for you. I hope things improve with sleep quality and balancing your sleeping though!

Last edited:
Michael_the_ratman

Michael_the_ratman

Jul 20, 2024
Maladaptive daydreaming has been like such a good form of escapism for me but also makes me sad because i now spend a-lot of time either sleeping or daydreaming. I think it helps me cope with past experiences but also throws me further back into my own anti-social sadness when it comes to having to actually go out. Like most of the time I'd rather sleep than go outside anymore. I like not having to think and just stay in my own little happy storyline. My anxiety and ocd-fueled intrusive thoughts make it so hard to actually think without feeling awful, so it's nice to be happy for a little while. I genuinely can't tell if it's helping or hurting right now but I'm too attached to these stories to stop.

Cheers to Fanfics for fulling my maladaptive brainrot.
Heyy

I used to be just like you, constantly day dreaming as it was my only escape and source of happiness.

It's good to daydream but try to do it less as it seems to negatively impact your life. Though I understand how hard it might be. Stopping is unrealistic, so just focus on not letting it control your life.

I wish you the best!

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
This is definitely me too. I also do a job that can be quite monotonous at times which leads me to disappear into my daydreams. I suppose I know it isn't healthy. I can't actually remember the last time I left the house- other than to put the bins out. (I work from home and get everything delivered.) But at the same time, I don't know that I care. I can't imagine my life without it.

Do you find real life interactions trying and unpleasant? Sometimes, I notice I'm in a better mood because I've spoken to a neighbour or delivery driver and it makes me wonder whether I could be happier in a more 'normal' life but then, I suppose I know it didn't make me any happier when my life was more like that.

• Hugs
SyrupForBlood

SyrupForBlood

A Sweet Sadness
Jul 21, 2024
Heyy

I used to be just like you, constantly day dreaming as it was my only escape and source of happiness.

It's good to daydream but try to do it less as it seems to negatively impact your life. Though I understand how hard it might be. Stopping is unrealistic, so just focus on not letting it control your life.

I wish you the best!
Thank you i really appreciate that! :>
This is definitely me too. I also do a job that can be quite monotonous at times which leads me to disappear into my daydreams. I suppose I know it isn't healthy. I can't actually remember the last time I left the house- other than to put the bins out. (I work from home and get everything delivered.) But at the same time, I don't know that I care. I can't imagine my life without it.

Do you find real life interactions trying and unpleasant? Sometimes, I notice I'm in a better mood because I've spoken to a neighbour or delivery driver and it makes me wonder whether I could be happier in a more 'normal' life but then, I suppose I know it didn't make me any happier when my life was more like that.
I've been having a summer where I've spent a majority of my time indoors as work is slow, but i agree sometimes its nice to talk to someone even briefly during the day. I wish it was easier to enjoy life in the real world, but hopefully we can all find that sort of drive or happiness that daydreams bring out-there someday.

Last edited:
Remanant

Remanant

Sep 13, 2023
i struggle with MD too, its been an integral part of my life. i used to daydream about cartoon characters and books and me in those fictional worlds back when i was a kid. as i've grown older, my condition has only worsened and most of my daydreams are now non-fiction and real life scenarios with people i know in real life. its ruining my life-wasting hours fantasizing and pacing around, i can't even get 10 minutes of work done or a page read for studies without immeditely zoning out and daydreaming. in a way its a slow suicide for me, just waiting till i have to deal with the consequences of the time i've wasted and the mistakes i've made i.e until reality slaps me. then i'll probably ctb. until then i'll keep making up romance stories and erotic fantasies in my head, i just can't seem to stop. but i hope it gets better for you though. theres plenty of videos and resources on the internet on how to tackle it especially one of my favorite articles https://maladaptivedaydreamingguide.wordpress.com/guide/
i'm not really headed for recovery or trying to wake up from my daydreams because i honestly can't deal with life. i'm a weak insecure coward and when life finally wakes me up i'll proabbly quit. but i hope it gets better for you and you just try to make life slightly better. i don't have the strength to keep fighting but i hope you and all the other people fighting this addiction to escapism via daydreams actually go out there and enjoy your life to the fullest, although i know its easier said than done.take care

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
I feel really weak and unhungry after sleeping for days straight so i get how dreadful the fatigue can be :c
Yeah I really don't recommend excessive sleeping your body starts getting weaker and weaker. You're also building a habit of not moving. Things I used to enjoy become harder and harder to participate in. At certain points I don't even want to move I just lay here all day. It's also harder and harder to pull yourself out of it the longer you do it. Maybe in short bursts but don't do it excessively.

• Hugs
W

weightoffmychest

Jul 16, 2024
MD was awesome for escapism most of my life. Past few years I don't get immersed in it anymore without alcohol/drugs and music. Replaced it with making my headspace quiet and thinking about nothing. Just spaced out most of the time on autopilot until someone interrupts me and I have to do it again. I miss MD as a kid used to be content while daydreaming at night looking at the sky. I think part of me was optimistic things would improve back then - that's what changed. I accepted life for what it is and made a decision to not be a part of it in the future.

• Hugs
kyhoti

kyhoti

Student
May 27, 2024
I feel your frustration and desperation. If I'm awake, reality is punching me in the face, so I have to binge useless shows to keep the wolves at bay.

Sleeping more than 10 hours has become physically painful, and my dreams are all about failing in some way.

I hope you find more peace.

• Hugs
V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
I have been maladaptive daydreaming since very young. It really sucks now that I am an adult and I can't just have a super wonderful life like I want. I was not prepared for real life. I still escape reality by living my imaginary life. Living a fake life gives me the happiness and satisfaction that I can never achieve in real life.

• Hugs
archiveofpain

archiveofpain

May 29, 2024
Same here, when I wake up back to reality I feel like drowning, reality is to me so disappointing that I get so carried away to the point that I use MDD to cope with living in a dysfunctional world but it's also a double edge sword because when I start to be aware how boring reality is I start to spiral down. To be honest I don't know what to do to stop, I can just say that I know what it feels like đź«‚

• Hugs
Buffy

Buffy

24/7 cold
Mar 17, 2024
I feel incredibly guilty about this. It seems so wrong and immature to walk around in circles and talk to myself for hours. I've been doing it for a few years now.

It started as a way to cope with past trauma by talking to myself about it, but it has since evolved into spending hours daydreaming about different scenarios. But if I'm being honest, I hate how temporary the feeling of contentment is, and if I could, I would never stop. If there were no end to it, I wouldn't feel guilty either.

P.S. Is it just me, or do other people also talk out loud when daydreaming?

• Hugs
Reactions: SyrupForBlood and jar-baby