K

KitIsAHotMess

Mar 14, 2023
I got back from a long flight today and somehow still had some energy, but I knew I would be completely out of it tomorrow. One of the worst things for me is lunch, I'm usually too tired or too depressed to make myself anything and just revert back to easy sugary food because it tastes nice and I don't have to spend any energy prepping.

Well, personal achievement for the evening, I made a sandwich for tomorrow. I might not like it much, but what's important is that I took 10 minutes tonight when I knew I had energy, and saved myself 10 for when I wouldn't. Most days I barely even brush my teeth so this is huge for me.

Another thing is how much I hate "tomorrow". The unknown, the chances of waking up either utterly numb, or over the top high and the knowledge that I'll sink into the same pattern of sleep, forget to eat, have a snack, sleep, sleep again and wake up the next day. Just making myself a sandwich gives me something to get out of bed for without dreading the effort.

How are you guys handling tomorrows?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kitch, RollingKinematics, BetweenRadioStations and 3 others
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
How are you guys handling tomorrows?
I'm not handling tomorrows well at all, but I'm going to try to take your advice of making life a little more bearable for future me and being grateful to past me for doing so. Thanks for posting the idea :)

• Love
Reactions: KitIsAHotMess