Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Just wondering what people's view is on setting a planned date for ctb?

Part of me thinks I will need to take this step, rather than just randomly picking a moment that just "feels" right...

I'm not sure I will trust myself to follow through when the time comes, unless I make myself fully accountable and be disciplined about it. As I know how I respond to deadlines in life in general.

Just interested to read some other people's perspective on the pros and cons as you see it.

Reactions: wastingtime
Szinuus

Szinuus

I see the bus...I can almost see it
Aug 19, 2022
Its hard to set a date, especially if you live with others. Better focus on choosing the time, where no one will interrupt and save you, rather than choosing the date that will look pretty on your grave, for example.

Reactions: Captive_Mind515
wastingtime

wastingtime

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
Aug 21, 2023
i tried many times to make a date but whenever that day came up i was just so tired to get out of bed and too lazy to follow with the plan. now i just see it as an inevitable event and i can just do it whenever i feel the time is right. my only deadline is when i turn 26 which is still 4 years away.

Reactions: Captive_Mind515
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think it can be quite difficult to set a date in advance as after all existence is unpredictable and uncertain, something could get in the way on the chosen date interrupting suicide plans but anyway people can set a specific date if they feel that's best for them as after all it's their personal decision.