• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

What's the MAIN reason you want to CTB?

• Poor physical health

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Poor mental health

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Poor physical and mental health

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Financial troubles

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Dysmorphia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Unlikelihood of creating a life you find liveable

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • Loneliness

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Avoiding the future

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Trauma related

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I know the question comes up a lot- it's the most obvious one after all but, I thought it might be interesting to see as a poll. Do we have any more common motives?

I realise that suicide is often the result of a combination of factors of course but- allowing multiple votes I thought would make it too bland- so- it's whether you have a main reason you want to CTB and what that is.

These polls only allow for 10 options- so- it could well be your reason isn't listed. In which case- sorry- maybe use the 'other' option to share it.

My main reason is not seeing the likelihood of creating a life I would find worthwhile. I guess ultimately- that reason is going to be the same for everyone. Still- while my motives do tie in to things like finances- that's the main feeling for me. I can't see myself being able to create a future for myself in which I'll be even remotely happy!

Reactions: restless.dreams, Unknown21, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
There are so many reasons why I want to ctb. Loneliness, financial, everyone who loves me has already died, lack of family or friends - the list goes on and on .

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Reuthry, FutureHanger, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Because of censoring

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because I don't see anything desirable about this futile and meaningless process of decaying and deteriorating, just waiting to die anyway. I see suicide as very rational to avoid suffering, the true problem lies in existence itself, I have awareness of how existence is nothing more than an unnecessary harm. Only the existing have the ability to suffer and not the dead, that on it's own is enough to make me see it as always preferable to not exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, myusername890, 4am and 3 others
D

Deleted member 65988

Top 3

Avoiding the future

Financial troubles

My heart issue potentially getting worse.

Much like yourself @Forever Sleep I'm not optimistic at all about any chances of creating a future I'd be absolutely happy I didn't miss out on.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Main reason: financial troubles and no suitable way out that would satisfy me.

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, Deleted member 65988 and Forever Sleep
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
All of the above.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori, leavingthesoultrap and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
why not the option to choose multiple??

poor mental and physical state
trauma
Dysmorphia
avoiding the future

• Hugs
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I chose unlikely to create ideal life outcome though really it's also poor mental health as my depression and recent trauma I've been put through caused me to be too unmotivated/tired/"weak" to be able to achieve my goals. I one day fully embraced the fact I've been deluding myself from which is that I'm not gonna get over my mental health issues and achieve my goals any time soon

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
why not the option to choose multiple??

poor mental and physical state
trauma
Dysmorphia
avoiding the future

Because lots of people will have multiple reasons and I wondered if we'd have clear winners here. Otherwise, it tends to become- everyone struggles with multiple things- which is kind of true but not all that clean cut in a poll. It would be good if we could rank our reasons in terms of severity- then, multiple votes would be good I think but, I don't think we can.

Still- polls are simple to set up- so, I'd encourage anyone to have a go. I think most of us enjoy a poll. So, if you'd prefer a different approach, I'm sure people would be fine with voting again.

Reactions: Life_and_Death, Praestat_Mori and Deleted member 65988
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
There are many reasons
Broken heart
Autism
No career
Trauma
Depression
Fear of future

• Hugs
Reactions: alwayssad, Praestat_Mori, oddetoad and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
the thing that let me down in life is poor mental and physical health but the main resaon is physical health literally got a debilitating brain injury

• Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Because lots of people will have multiple reasons and I wondered if we'd have clear winners here. Otherwise, it tends to become- everyone struggles with multiple things- which is kind of true but not all that clean cut in a poll. It would be good if we could rank our reasons in terms of severity- then, multiple votes would be good I think but, I don't think we can.

Still- polls are simple to set up- so, I'd encourage anyone to have a go. I think most of us enjoy a poll. So, if you'd prefer a different approach, I'm sure people would be fine with voting again.
that makes sense, id probably have to say trauma then, because without it i wouldnt have over half the problems i do and the other ones id be able to handle better

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
My main reason for ctbing is because I feel like a burden to those around me and I'm tired of existing. I also have a lot of fears about my future and growing old, and I fucking hate myself, but my main reason is due to me being a burden on those around me. My family worked so hard to provide for and raise someone who turned out to be nothing but a retarded, selfish, spoiled, untalented, piece of shit who has never accomplished anything outside of making the lives of those around them difficult. I think putting it to an end is the best for all of us.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: misthios2040, Adûnâi, FutureHanger and 1 other person
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I picked the "Unlikelyhood to create a life that is liveable" option bc my main reason for ctb is my crippling anxiety witch litterary makes my life unliveable. I guess unbearable mental illness applies to this too, but my life being unlivable is my main reason.
I picked the "Unlikelyhood to create a life that is liveable" option bc my main reason for ctb is my crippling anxiety witch litterary makes my life unliveable. I guess unbearable mental illness applies to this too, but my life being unlivable is my main reason.

I meant poor mental health, not unbearable mental health, but you get it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, TiredOfAllThis and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I'm surprised loneliness is only 7.7%. Does it cover inceldom? Because the word is somewhat murky - I'm asocial, so loneliness doesn't necessarily bother me, but the lack of handholding/sex does.

• Hugs
T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
Tired. Very tired - and getting betrayed, again and again.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, misthios2040 and Adûnâi
M

misthios2040

Smile now it’s almost over
Sep 20, 2023
My mental illness makes living life like I've got a bag over my head. I am paralyzed (not physically but mentally)and can't do anything. I'm also severely dumb and my anxiety prevents me from being comfortable in a room with people. I don't know how to explain what goes on in my head other than the fact that there are a million voices just yelling in my brain. That's all I hear is just screaming. My head feels like it's going to pop off from all the pressure built up in my head.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Adûnâi
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Because I don't see anything desirable about this futile and meaningless process of decaying and deteriorating, just waiting to die anyway. I see suicide as very rational to avoid suffering, the true problem lies in existence itself, I have awareness of how existence is nothing more than an unnecessary harm. Only the existing have the ability to suffer and not the dead, that on it's own is enough to make me see it as always preferable to not exist.

I see you're still around, tough luck! I don't know if you remember me, I was gone from this forum for 3yrs after all, but I'm hoping to be gone from existence soon as I'm planning to ctb for real this time. In case I do succed, I just wanted to say that I hope you find peace one day. I hope for you that your wish to die comes true if that's what you truly desire, maybe even from natural causes. Either way, take care <3 I might not have known you for long, but it was nice knowing you :) I just hope SI won't get the best of me, coz SI sure is a bitch!

• Hugs