B

breezy999

Aug 20, 2023
What are your thoughts on Medical Assistance in Dying? Canada is going to legalize it in 2024 to those addicted to drugs.

• Love
Reactions: sorrowful, Chronicoverwhelm, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
What are your thoughts on Medical Assistance in Dying? Canada is going to legalize it in 2024 to those addicted to drugs.
They had talked about legalizing it for mental illness. since my depression is 100% unfounded, and everyone should enjoy living like me then I must be mentally ill beyond repair and need to leave.

Im 100% for it. Anyone, even healthy individuals should be able to ctb if they just want to cease existing in this world. I want to stop playing because I don't enjoy the storyline of this game ever since I was born into it. The difficulty is too high and the payoff too low.

Even when I was doing everything right my life was shit so doesn't really matter what you do in this life.

People don't get to choose to live in this world so they should be able to choose to leave it whenever they want. Life never gets better unless it was already good for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm and Per Ardua Ad Astra
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I envy those who are able to access it, it's not even legalised where I live for anyone at all. The option of a peaceful guaranteed exit from this existence should be available for all, as one shouldn't have to suffer for even a second longer than they wish to, it's our life, our decision and nobody is obligated to continue suffering.
Legalised assisted suicide could only ever be a positive thing as it's suffering prevention, the option of such a thing would be very relieving for people.

Reactions: breezy999, sorrowful, Chronicoverwhelm and 2 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Well, it would be a start. I am completely in favour of pro choice.

Reactions: breezy999 and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I have mixed feelings because I think many people will die who may have been In vulnerable situations and it's just an easy way to justify taking people out similar to abortion. It's sort of like a justification for carrying out genocide on poor and marginalized groups. Many of the people who will die most likely could have been helped but it was more convenient to help them end their own lives. There will be abuse around this. I'm not saying people in extreme pain that cannot be resolved shouldn't have the choice to exit though.

Last edited:
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I have mixed feelings because I think many people will die who may have been In vulnerable situations and it's just an easy way to justify taking people out similar to abortion. It's sort of like a justification for carrying out genocide on poor and marginalized groups. Many of the people who will die most likely could have been helped but it was more convenient to help them end their own lives. There will be abuse around this. I'm not saying people in extreme pain that cannot be resolved shouldn't have the choice to exit though.
Nobody will be forcing anyone to go through with it. I see where you are coming from, the slippery slope argument doesn't really fit though.