D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
I made the dumbest mistake of telling my ex-boyfriend that I wanted to commit suicide. I was so upset in the moment and he called the cops/ems on me.

Another time, my psychologist called the cops on me because I had suicidal thoughts. I just had thoughts in the moment.

Any similar stories?
I never learn :(

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: blueclover_., !WILL!, OnlyTheWind and 10 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is not something that I have done, I would never tell anyone, but I understand that sometimes it can be hard to keep everything to ourselves. I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish we lived in a world where we had a right to die, we could be openly suicidal and then be able to peacefully exit this world at a time of our own choosing, but instead the society expects us to suffer.

• Hugs
Reactions: blueclover_., viniboi9, A_miStake_of_NATURE and 6 others
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
Psychologist isn't supposed to call just for thoughts. Did you reveal a plan or intent? They can't put you in the psych ward for just thoughts either, at least not in California. Your rights may have been violated by your psychologist. Check your local laws.

• Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Hemlock
D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
Psychologist isn't supposed to call just for thoughts. Did you reveal a plan or intent? They can't put you in the psych ward for just thoughts either, at least not in California. Your rights may have been violated by your psychologist. Check your local laws.
I just said I had thoughts of jumping from a bridge. No plans. He said he would call me at 8. Well he never did and called me at 9. I didn't pick up and he got worried. The next thing you know…he dropped me as a client.

Twice cops have showed up and it's spooked me. I really can't ctb at home anymore.

These two situations have spooked me.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Hemlock
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
You saying that you are suicidal or wish to die is one thing, saying you want to jump off the bridge is having a plan.
Sounds like a pretty shitty therapist to drop you as a client because you're suicidal, it might be an ethical problem. I would file a complaint with the APA

• Love
Reactions: blueclover_., BeautifulMosaics, Hemlock and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Hello! Yes, to your question. After being on a 72 hold, at the end I was upset and opened my big mouth about when I got out of the hospital, it was goodbye.

Oh brother!! did that NOT turn out good at all! Another 14 days for me and then fighting the court system so I did not get ANOTHER 6 months on top of that!

We are all human and that is part of what makes us unique is our ability to look at situations.

PLEASE do not be hard on yourself, you are a caring and loving soul, reading your post says that, and I really care about you as a great soul on SS, and I could not live without SS AND folks like you.

Stay healthy (away from Covid) and I am thinking of you,

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: blueclover_., BeautifulMosaics, logan and 7 others
A

agate

Sep 29, 2021
I've done it , multiple times , to test people. People I know will blow it of, and they do . Don't know why I do that, just to see the stupidity of it all

D

deadverysoon

so f****ing ready
Aug 19, 2021
I made the dumbest mistake of telling my ex-boyfriend that I wanted to commit suicide. I was so upset in the moment and he called the cops/ems on me.

Another time, my psychologist called the cops on me because I had suicidal thoughts. I just had thoughts in the moment.

Any similar stories?
I never learn :(
yes - now im in 24/7 obserbation... fucked

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
I

ihatemylife

Student
Jul 14, 2021
I just said I had thoughts of jumping from a bridge. No plans. He said he would call me at 8. Well he never did and called me at 9. I didn't pick up and he got worried. The next thing you know…he dropped me as a client.

Twice cops have showed up and it's spooked me. I really can't ctb at home anymore.

These two situations have spooked me.
He drops you as a client because your suicidal? WTF that's when someone would need therapist the most I read a story where a guy thru gasoline on himself and threatened to set himself on fire so the cops tazed him and he immediately went on fire from the tazzer and he burned to death and also burned his house down. OK they didn't want him to kill himself so they killed him-- Makes sense to me.

Reactions: blueclover_. and Crimsonghost3
C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
The only time me saying anything amounted to anything I was like 17 got into a fight with my parents ended up hitting my head getting a concussion left the house saying I was going to ctb literally and tried to run in front of one but the concussion made it hard and I fell before. Stayed in the hospital over night with someone that had to stay in my room but other than that nope. Downed a bottle of pills the person I was with called the cops but I don't fuck with cops so I freaked out on them after they broke into my bathroom taser pulled and hands on guns you know because they had to make sure I wouldn't attack them so they were ready to hurt me while making sure I am not dying makes sense right after screaming at them and arguing with them they got tired of it were like are you ok I told them yup they left. I had a major breakdown with my kids mom and was being crazy outside neighbor called cops did nothing. Last time was I told my ex and whoever she's fucking now that I was going to they called the cops but I didn't go home so it amounted to nothing. I've told people for half my life that I'll ctb can't hide some of the scars from past attempts I've even told my parents I can shoot guns at a range but if I was to ever own one I'd be gone in a week it's never mattered nobody has ever tried to get me any help I'm always just left to deal on my own