• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

ningaman151

Experienced
Jul 28, 2018
I feel like an old rusty machine. Ok maybe that's taking things too far, but we are just machines. You don't magically have consciousness, you need to breathe, eat sleep, avoid damage to your organs etc. At the current pace, we could probably create a machine at the level of complexity of the human body in a few million years or less (assuming linear advancement in technology). I feel like a slave to this machine. I need to be constantly operating it. The only rest I get is when I go to sleep. Even then I am tormented by nightmares and bad dreams. The only occasional reward I get is the dopamine hit, which isn't that good anyway.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RM5998 and 7 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
I feel like an old rusty machine. Ok maybe that's taking things too far, but we are just machines. You don't magically have consciousness, you need to breathe, eat sleep, avoid damage to your organs etc. At the current pace, we could probably create a machine at the level of complexity of the human body in a few million years or less (assuming linear advancement in technology). I feel like a slave to this machine. I need to be constantly operating it. The only rest I get is when I go to sleep. Even then I am tormented by nightmares and bad dreams. The only occasional reward I get is the dopamine hit, which isn't that good anyway.

σώμα for me is a vehicle not of my choosing. I am my connectome ,my brain is "I" I with to be able to choose my body. I can make modifications to this vehicle, manipulate some of it's systems, alter to some degree it's appearance yet it fundamentally is the same. "I" my mind though physically attached to my vehicle, is separate in it's functions, and operations. My mind has the capacity to choose to alter it's self. "I" the me that is my connectome can will and has chosen to completely become "me" the me that is now. A new "I" . though I am trapped in this slightly modified vehicle that is my sóma , "I" have the awesome opportunities to be come many new "me".

Reactions: lv-gras, RM5998 and akosineenee
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
EXACTLY!

Reactions: ningaman151 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
σώμα for me is a vehicle not of my choosing. I am my connectome ,my brain is "I" I with to be able to choose my body. I can make modifications to this vehicle, manipulate some of it's systems, alter to some degree it's appearance yet it fundamentally is the same. "I" my mind though physically attached to my vehicle, is separate in it's functions, and operations. My mind has the capacity to choose to alter it's self. "I" the me that is my connectome can will and has chosen to completely become "me" the me that is now. A new "I" . though I am trapped in this slightly modified vehicle that is my sóma , "I" have the awesome opportunities to be come many new "me".

That seems a lot like Cartesian duality. I personally don't think that our thoughts and feelings are anything other than emergent phenomena from the huge neural network that is our brain, and just like all software can be understood in terms of hardware, our thoughts are just a higher-order language representing the signals carried by our neurons. We are deterministic systems within the limits of the uncertainty principle - an assemblage of materials with wiggles that cause indeterminate behavior. I am, within the boundaries of the uncertainty principle, a predictable machine. I'd say we're a chaotic system, but I don't know how mathematically accurate that would be, and experiments seem to be out of the question. The lack of power that I feel is somewhat disheartening, but then, I don't have to feel it for long.

Reactions: lv-gras and Caustic Cardinals
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
That seems a lot like Cartesian duality. I personally don't think that our thoughts and feelings are anything other than emergent phenomena from the huge neural network that is our brain, and just like all software can be understood in terms of hardware, our thoughts are just a higher-order language representing the signals carried by our neurons. We are deterministic systems within the limits of the uncertainty principle - an assemblage of materials with wiggles that cause indeterminate behavior. I am, within the boundaries of the uncertainty principle, a predictable machine. I'd say we're a chaotic system, but I don't know how mathematically accurate that would be, and experiments seem to be out of the question. The lack of power that I feel is somewhat disheartening, but then, I don't have to feel it for long.
I too once felt that way, often.

Reactions: RM5998
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
It's called control and we don't have it

Reactions: Tiburcio and RM5998