idontwanttobeme

idontwanttobeme

Feb 1, 2021
so for the past months i have been saving up my medication and lying to my therapists about taking them so they keep prescribing me more. besides being the worst liar, i feel pretty guilty about it cause they do actually wanna help me and are good people etc. but i keep telling them i take them whenever they ask and they even said i need to up my dose. if i don't lie, i won't be able to save up or i have to tell them about that and yeah i obviously can't tell them.. i am not sure about choosing overdose as my method and i understand the risks etc. i am considering other methods aswell.. please don't judge me for considering overdose or even for lying. i know how bad it is, i am not a person to lie but i am so desperate.

has anyone ever lied to their therapist/psychiatrist or to anyone else about taking their meds while they were actually saving them up instead? how did you feel about lying?

• Love
Reactions: noaccount
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I wasn't saving them up to OD, I was just flushing them, but yeah

Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I wouldn't save them, but there have been times I cheeked medication and flushed it. I've also saved up meds to OD but it was easy to do because I was a prn medication so I just kept picking up the 90 day prescription even though I had only taken like 10 pills

idontwanttobeme

idontwanttobeme

Feb 1, 2021
thank you both for sharing your experiences. i got a new psychiatrist today and they upped my dose and are gonna have check ups with me often, just my luck.. so i guess i'll just try to take them again and still save whatever i have saved so far and just hope that's enough just in case i ever need them

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I'm not saving them but you shouldn't take antipsychotics before N so I just stopped taking them

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
What meds?
OD on modern meds is quite difficult.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I did exactly the same thing last year and after a few months, I tried to ctb with the pills I had hidden and then hanging (partial).
I think ODs are a bad idea because they seldom work but well, I was desperate and it seemed like a "great" combination with hanging...

Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Yeah I saved up all my propranolol, quetiapine and sertraline. Made out I was taking them. But one day I let slip to one of the crisis team people, and they persuaded me to take all my stash and give them to my bf to chuck out they did actually stand next to me whille I did it. The second time I saved up again, but I decided my self to chuck them because I realised it most likely won't kill me.