nowaru

nowaru

Feb 15, 2023
Statistically, I shouldn't be alive. I was born addicted to crack/alcohol, grew up in an abusive household, have watched my mom decay from drug use/injury, and my grandma (who is the reason im still somewhat sane) slowly age and I must come to the reality she won't live much longer. There is much more but, this isn't about how terrible my life is, I'm sure others have had it worse. But it is for a question, the question of how am I still here? I am still somewhat sane, have no disabilities, and am actually gifted intelectually somehow. But, why me? Why not to someone better? These things could have been given so someone better, someone who could do greater things. But I am afraid this gift may be wasted.

• Hugs
Reactions: pole, LocalAngel, Forever Sleep and 2 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
You say why me? I say: why not you? You deserve some consolation prizes for what you were subjected to. It's mostly all random anyways so there's little point in looking for logic in the illogical.

Reactions: buyersremorse, kitch, makebelieve and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The reality is that there is simply nothing fair about any of this, we exist in this world where chance so cruelly determines everything after all, and many people suffer way more than others through no fault of their own. At least to me only those who no longer exist are true fortunate ones as nothing can concern them in any way. Life really is such a terrible concept.