gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
anybody taken LSD while on anti depressants and did it work? did you end up in the hospital from serotonin syndrome? cant find the answers on google. i know mushrooms dont work with ADs but wonder if LSD is something different as it is manmade

• Hugs
Reactions: allesistgut and botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
anybody taken LSD while on anti depressants and did it work? did you end up in the hospital from serotonin syndrome? cant find the answers on google. i know mushrooms dont work with ADs but wonder if LSD is something different as it is manmade
I've never personally done this, but I do know that different ADs have different effects when mixed with other drugs. My sister & her friends used to do pills (mdma) a lot & they were on anti-depressants, as well as ketamine, but I'm not sure about LSD. I could probably ask her honestly, she probably has at least one friend who's done it. :haha: Which antidepressants are you on?

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
I've never personally done this, but I do know that different ADs have different effects when mixed with other drugs. My sister & her friends used to do pills (mdma) a lot & they were on anti-depressants, as well as ketamine, but I'm not sure about LSD. I could probably ask her honestly, she probably has at least one friend who's done it. :haha: Which antidepressants are you on?
100mg zoloft. i also just started this dose a month ago.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
100mg zoloft. i also just started this dose a month ago.
Dang, that's the same as me (150mg)! I'd always personally decided against hallucinogens, I had a previous experience of taking one too many of my sertraline/zoloft & it caused some pretty bad hallucinations, so I always thought it might go down bad. I'll try and find out more info though! :heart:

Updated info: I asked my sister & she said that when she & her friends used to do it, she made one of her friends go off her anti depressants for a couple days before and after. She was on fluxotine though. She said she didn't think it's the wisest of ideas if you've never done it before as there's chance of the acid reacting badly inside of you and mixing not good. This is her personal experience but I hope it helps even just a little!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and gottago222
B

bleeeeeep

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Jan 5, 2022
i tripped a few times while taking 40mg of fluoxetine. personally, it was a wonderful experience when i was in a familiar and safe environment, and i didn't end up with serotonin syndrome. however, i don't think i would recommend it just because of the potential risks involved (bad trip, serotonin syndrome, etc.) i think having benzos on hand is a good plan just in case things get a little too intense.
you've probably heard of it already, but i'd really recommend reading the psychonautwiki page because it has a lot of detail that might be useful/interesting :)

Reactions: allesistgut and gottago222
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Sertraline and mirtazpine I think at the time. 100.and 45
Thought I had a high tolerance or bad drugs so when I stopped the meds.and tripped let's just say I soon begging to be sedated. Don't underestimate the power of these drugs. If you have stuff you're repressing and have a conscience it can get , scary...
Also got sold fake lsd and had a proper full on hallucinagenic trip.that lasted 36 hours so was terrified due to buying into the permanent trip fear mongering.
Humans have surely loved making life difficult for one another.

But they can also enable you to shake off your demons long.enough that your own inner light touches you.

Last edited:
Sukui

Sukui

Dec 3, 2023
Sertraline and mirtazpine I think at the time. 100.and 45
Thought I had a high tolerance or bad drugs so when I stopped the meds.and tripped let's just say I soon begging to be sedated. Don't underestimate the power of these drugs. If you have stuff you're repressing and have a conscience it can get , scary...
Also got sold fake lsd and had a proper full on hallucinagenic trip.that lasted 36 hours so was terrified due to buying into the permanent trip fear mongering.
Humans have surely loved making life difficult for one another.

But they can also enable you to shake off your demons long.enough that your own inner light touches you.
Dude i'm on LSD right now i think i'm dying. I went on a run and my heart is beating crazy and i can't dtop shaking. Holy shit
My heart rate is not going down. I think i might actually be suffering cardiac arrest soon. I can't believe this is happening right now.

Last edited: