• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mizuri

Mizuri

Feb 8, 2021
I heard that people with major depressive disorder have low libido. How exactly does it feel like? Do you just not get aroused or maybe don't enjoy it? Low libido because of the pills is probably very straightforward. Although I'd like to hear about that, too.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
My libido has been constant throughout my depression and while I was taking various pills. Now I try to masturbate more in hopes of it getting rid of the need for cuddling a gf, but it doesn't fucking work.

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
My libido has been constant throughout my depression and while I was taking various pills. Now I try to masturbate more in hopes of it getting rid of the need for cuddling a gf, but it doesn't fucking work.
I understand. My libido is so high that it gets in the way of me forming normal relationships outside of sex. It's really no use trying to make friends when you're also trying to fuck them. I used to try and smoke weed to kill or distract it. But now it only makes things worse. The whole masturbating before an encounter doesn't work. I mean it does a little while but only helps if you keep things short and avoid close contact. I wouldn't like to kill my libido. But being able to lower it would be great. I can't help but wonder if it's directly related to my depression.
I understand. My libido is so high that it gets in the way of me forming normal relationships outside of sex. It's really no use trying to make friends when you're also trying to fuck them. I used to try and smoke weed to kill or distract it. But now it only makes things worse. The whole masturbating before an encounter doesn't work. I mean it does a little while but only helps if you keep things short and avoid close contact. I wouldn't like to kill my libido. But being able to lower it would be great. I can't help but wonder if it's directly related to my depression.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: botanormal
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I remember being so depressed that sex and masturbation were not even on my mind. I was asexual those days so yeah, depression and low libito are related IMO.
Also, there are some meds which don't affect it but some others do.

E

EeEeEeEeYy

Feb 16, 2021
Depression did kill my libido a bit. Mostly just caused by a lack of energy and interest because of the depression. Feels kinda wack, it can be a healthy distraction from your sad/emptyness, but you just dont really bring yourself to do so anymore.

• Love
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
having ptsd about this kind of thing doesnt help.....at all. but id prefer to not go into it. i dont even tell my husband. as for how it feels. just not interested. it doesnt really have a feeling. like when you have lack of interest for anything. just, meh, so what.

• Hugs
wannago

wannago

Relief
Dec 4, 2020
I heard that people with major depressive disorder have low libido. How exactly does it feel like? Do you just not get aroused or maybe don't enjoy it? Low libido because of the pills is probably very straightforward. Although I'd like to hear about that, too.
Some meds cause extremely dead libido (dependent on type/person). Or decreased, or higher. Typically I've found it to be generally decreased while medicated.
It's caused me in the past to just not get in the mood, or to not be able to perform. I hated it - one of the biggest down sides to meds. If you find it big enough of a problem, just switch over to another one. They differ greatly. I've also had issues with getting there which caused sex cut short etc. Still, hated that for sure. Haven't had any issues for a while, mainly I struggled with libido because of Citalopram, Prozac (fluoxetine), Escitalopram.
Was fine with Sertraline, Trazodone, Venlafaxine, though there were reasons for moving on from each generally. Been happy with Venlafaxine for a while.
I wouldn't really worry about it unless you're trying to get with someone though - I have a feeling that oftentimes libido is a relevant cause for anxiety/depression, so it might actually be beneficial to not feel such impulses.

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I don't know if depression killed my libido or not... the first time I talked about killing myself was at the age of 8 or 9. I don't know what my libido would be like if I was not depressed lol. I have no comparison.
Though when I am having extraordinary bad days I don't think about sexual activity at all, I guess depression lowers or kills it depending on the severity of the depression.

Reactions: wannago
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020

Sorry the site glitched on me

• Hugs
Reactions: Mizuri
Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Well its kind of like the opposite for me idk. More like the high libido plus zero gratification has added more fuel to my depression.

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Yeah, I have no libido due to depression. It sucks because I have a partner and feel guilty for not wanting sex and it makes him feel bad, like the low libido has something to do with him. I probably haven't thought about sex in 6 months.