J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I now come to the conclusion this is another issue of mine. Low emotional intelligence. Things that were noticeable to people in their teens went over my head. I was totally oblivious.

Reactions: brokensoulsdiealone, Anxieyote, No Entertainment and 2 others
novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
Key point in emotional intelligence is empathy manners and ability to play (game theory). It is trained during childhood up to 18yo. Emotional intelligence can be trained but poor kids don't have such luxury, they pick up whatever their parents can teach them. I myself am still learning this skill with little success.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
Key point in emotional intelligence is empathy manners and ability to play (game theory). It is trained during childhood up to 18yo. Emotional intelligence can be trained but poor kids don't have such luxury, they pick up whatever their parents can teach them. I myself am still learning this skill with little success.
What's game theory? Agreed if you grew up in poverty then you're pretty much screwed however some escape the wise ones. I'm trapped

Skills with emotional intelligence?

Last edited:
novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
What's game theory? Agreed if you grew up in poverty then you're pretty much screwed however some escape the wise ones. I'm trapped

Skills with emotional intelligence?
Game theory in short: cooperation/competition game https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Game_theory
I am not sure that it belongs to documented emotional intelligence definition but i feel it is very important.
It allows you to understand that in order to get you need to give as well as when you should stop giving if someone only takes from you. But things are not that simple in life because there are several games going on at the same time. Poor kids often have nothing to give that is why it is likely they will be bad at playing this game_theory.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
From what I have learned so far,after learning about about my own abuse, trauma and toxic childhood , emotional intelligence depends on lot of other enviornmental factors as well. Adults who have had non toxic parents, are naturally hardwired to recognise good and bad emotions,feelings and state of their minds and of others. For them it is natural and maybe effortless as well. While those who had to survive and walk on eggshells in their childhood due to one condition or the other, never had good role model to even teach them the basic things. They learn by mirroring other's personalities and through other faulty coping mechanisms. I am 29 and still most of the times not able to know what people are feeling when I have conversation with them and it always seems like alien to me. Only later when I contemplate and think privately, I understand them. I found a particular excercise to be quite helpful in emotional literacy but sometimes it is painful

Reactions: brokensoulsdiealone, KlMeNw, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
braindead911

braindead911

May 14, 2022
Sometimes it's hard to fit in. Life can be a very large learning curve.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you suffer so much. This life really can be so unbearable and unfair. It is sad how many people are disadvantaged through no fault of their own. I hope that you find relief from your pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: brokensoulsdiealone and Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
I'm sorry that you suffer so much. This life really can be so unbearable and unfair. It is sad how many people are disadvantaged through no fault of their own. I hope that you find relief from your pain.
Thank you, your words always comfort me

KlMeNw

KlMeNw

They killed me at seven, I just didn't know it- Me
Dec 15, 2021
From what I have learned so far,after learning about about my own abuse, trauma and toxic childhood , emotional intelligence depends on lot of other enviornmental factors as well. Adults who have had non toxic parents, are naturally hardwired to recognise good and bad emotions,feelings and state of their minds and of others. For them it is natural and maybe effortless as well. While those who had to survive and walk on eggshells in their childhood due to one condition or the other, never had good role model to even teach them the basic things. They learn by mirroring other's personalities and through other faulty coping mechanisms. I am 29 and still most of the times not able to know what people are feeling when I have conversation with them and it always seems like alien to me. Only later when I contemplate and think privately, I understand them. I found a particular excercise to be quite helpful in emotional literacy but sometimes it is painful
This sounds like you might be on the spectrum, have you been tested?

markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
This sounds like you might be on the spectrum, have you been tested?
No. There is no way for me to get a diagnosis now because of the circumstances. Although I used to think I might have Autism a long time ago because of so many similarities of the symptoms. But I am fairly certain about having CPTSD due to lifelong of abuses and traumas. Some symptoms are definitely overlapping.