• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
Love is just a bunch of chemicals.
I know right? I adore these particular chemicals though...

Everything we feel or are is just a bunch of chemicals, I think soon enough any form of energy/wave will be disected enough to discover yet another form of good old chemicals.

Why should that mean that it is unimportant or trivial though? If that is what makes us want to die or live, I'd say chemicals are the most important thing in the petty human condition. Chemistry in itself is damn magic. How on earth do molecules even work, or are... How anything is even possible? (I'm not into assigning any of this to creation, I'm just amazed. Amazed and suicidal lmao)
I'd say not just to have no empathy but to actively take pleasure in others suffering. To live to make others lives miserable. There may be some emotionally underdeveloped child at the centre of it but how it shows itself has no innocence about it
'Evil' beings are just trying to feel good, and if nothing else works, they'll take inflicting pain on others as a source. Unpleasant af, but understandable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
Why should that mean that it is unimportant or trivial though? If that is what makes us want to die or live, I'd say chemicals are the most important thing in the petty human condition. Chemistry in itself is damn magic. How on earth do molecules even work, or are... How anything is even possible? (I'm not into assigning any of this to creation, I'm just amazed. Amazed and suicidal lmao)
I didn't mean that it wasn't important, it is to the one concerned. Just I despise people claiming god left and right.
To be honest, chemicals, and by extension all matter is pretty damn interesting. It a bunch of bricks which, with some rules, create an awful lot of things. But it's not magic, it's physics.

F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
I didn't mean that it wasn't important, it is to the one concerned. Just I despise people claiming god left and right.
To be honest, chemicals, and by extension all matter is pretty damn interesting. It a bunch of bricks which, with some rules, create an awful lot of things. But it's not magic, it's physics.
Physics is magic to me. :)

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
I don't believe I have the ability to manufacture my own love but need it from someone else. The idea that love can come from within is so strange to me. I mean, if that were possible, why the hell would a suicide board exist or all this emotional despair in the world? Or at the very least someone loves me and then I can take that love and build on it in myself.

All these things:

1. Reconnect with your true purpose.

2. Practice self-forgiving

3. Practice positive self-talk

4. Meditate

5. Nurture Gratitude

6. Spend time with loved ones

7. Volunteer

They seem nice..... But maybe because I'm still in the post-trauma state... I can't feel love doing any of that. It feels nice. But maybe I just don't know what love is. Purpose, gratitude, volunteering, all fun... all great.... but love? I am so broken I can only feel love relfected in anothers eyes. sad.

catharticEscapism

catharticEscapism

Aug 31, 2019
I've never been in love and the last time I had a "crush" on someone was before I hit puberty. I'm 31 now and I'm emotionally numb. I rarely feel anything other than irritation and hopelessness, much less love. Am I even capable of love anymore or has Depression eaten away my ability? I don't know.

E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I've been trying really hard to bring more love into my life, I've been working on getting closer to people and spending more time with family and friends. Self love is still incredibly hard for me though... I've tried writing a list of things I like about myself and it just didn't work.
Something that has helped a little though, is making a list of things I dislike about myself that I have control over and making goals from there, ex. I died my hair a different color and I'm trying to tone my core, since I have the power to do so.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Love happens when your father is not a monkey and you don't inherit the genes. <3

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Love is powerful. From speaking with people from here, it seems like a lot of people are suicidal due to severe loneliness. Others, who are in relationship, is the only thing which keep them going on in life.

Actually, every romantic relationship I've had has made me suicidal after a few years. Then, I go running home to family.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Actually, every romantic relationship I've had has made me suicidal after a few years. Then, I go running home to family.

Did your partners have cluster b disorders? I know it is very difficult to have such a relationship, especially if you truly love them, disorder and all.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Did your partners have cluster b disorders? I know it is very difficult to have such a relationship, especially if you truly love them, disorder and all.

No. I think I'm just not made for relationships, or life in general.

Lived with one for four years and he admitted to only staying the last year because I had money (at the time) and treated him to movies and dinner a lot.

The other one dumped me after 9 months by text message because he was going back to college.

The third one I lived with for almost 3 years and he still wants me, but he's attempted suicide in front of me, drank until having to go to the ER, verbally abuses me when drinking, took advantage of my finances and has even physically assaulted his mom.

It just gets worse with age. I'm done with people.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThriveOrDie
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
No. I think I'm just not made for relationships, or life in general.

Lived with one for four years and he admitted to only staying the last year because I had money (at the time) and treated him to movies and dinner a lot.

The other one dumped me after 9 months by text message because he was going back to college.

The third one I lived with for almost 3 years and he still wants me, but he's attempted suicide in front of me, drank until having to go to the ER, verbally abuses me when drinking, took advantage of my finances and has even physically assaulted his mom.

It just gets worse with age. I'm done with people.

I'm sorry you've had users cross your path. Their fuckery is not per se proof you are not made for relationships, but if you feel you are done, then what can one say. Wish you peace.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I'm sorry you've had users cross your path. Their fuckery is not per se proof you are not made for relationships, but if you feel you are done, then what can one say. Wish you peace.

You're right. There may be non-users out there. However, the last relationship broke my ability to be able to love, so I'm just a shell of the person I am now, and I don't like myself anymore. Peace in death, it is.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
You're right. There may be non-users out there. However, the last relationship broke my ability to be able to love, so I'm just a shell of the person I am now, and I don't like myself anymore. Peace in death, it is.

I feel a shell of myself, too. Though I cannot tell you to feel differently about yourself, know that here we love you.

Reactions: Bagger
your pathologist

your pathologist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2018
Love is the reason i still exist

And continue to put up with this uncertainty

To feel that fleeting love of life
To feel at peace for once

sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
Love is the reason i still exist

And continue to put up with this uncertainty

To feel that fleeting love of life
To feel at peace for once

I feel the same as you. The love I have for someone is the only reason I'm still here. I really hope you find that love.

Maledictus

Maledictus

Afraid
Sep 14, 2019
Could love help you recover from your current situation?

That's what been on my mind lately - will finding happiness with my partner be enough to distract me from the things that make me want to die, and even be happy despite them? I really want it to be enough...but given the things that led me to consider I feel like it'd be naïve for me to think so. After all, while it can make me feel better, it can't fix things.

For now I'm just letting myself enjoy loving and being loved, not really thinking too much about the future. I feel so selfish for still thinking about dying when I have someone who wants to spend their life with me, even if it's not something I can help.