T

tonybardnardnik

Mar 28, 2021
REAL WORLD: Friend of mine passed away a few years ago. From what I understand, she combined alcohol with xanax, a sleeping med, and an opioid. Personally, I have my prescriptions for (1) morphine ER, (2) tramadol, (3) tizanidine, (4) chlorzoxazone, and (5) ambien. My pharmacist was very keen to give me Narcan because of the risk of OD.

READING RESOURCES: I subscribed to and read 75% (skipping ahead here and there) the PPH. I've read everything I can find, but have found no answers about whether these things, washed down with some scotch, would be effective. It seems like my list should be sufficient, especially at the start of the month when I have full bottles.

REQUEST: Can any of you point me in the direction of some resource to help me figure out if I have sufficient funding on my bus pass? Like most of you, I don't want to end up in a psych ward or for my docs to refuse to give me any more of these medicines. My quality of life—chronic spinal paid from FIVE ruptured discs and migraines, plus crazy insomnia that leaves me feeling half dead every day—is bad enough that I really cannot risk the docs stopping those meds.

THANK YOU: I have lurked here for a while, and I have learned that CTB is not a shameful, sinful thing, but that in discussing it, most of us feel like we gain a small amount of control over our lives; a little autonomy is the face of the overwhelming physical and mental pain a lot of us contend eith day to day. So thank you all for that.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
K

kukukoko

May 18, 2019
idk find out what the active compound of the meds is and search for safety data sheets/toxicity/lethal dose. Wikipedia or sites like cdc have often this kind of information

for example for "chlorzoxazone toxicity" I was able to find:

"Rare instances of clinical apparent liver disease possibly attributable to chlorzoxazone have appeared, including fatal cases. Such cases must be very rare, as this agent is widely used."

So probably it's out of the equation

If you can find some info like: death occurs from a dosage of 250mg/kg weight you can calculate how much you'll need

good luck with your research

Last edited: