• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I know depression causes one to loose interest in hobbies but I've never had interest in any kind of hobbies to begin with I've just been in straight survival mode for 7 years. Anyone else relate?

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, pthnrdnojvsc, thebelljarrr and 11 others
hematomatema

hematomatema

Feb 29, 2024
Yep, 100%. Well, kind of, I still have "interests" and "hobbies" but it's more of a way to pass by the time rather than something I actively take pride in and enjoy like I used to. Maybe it's because I never branched out and slowly lost interest like anyone else would once the novelty wears off, or maybe it's just related to a lack of joy and emotion from depression, who knows.

This is assuming drinking doesn't count as a hobby though, which I don't exactly think I can get away with saying it is...

Reactions: thebelljarrr, Ironborn, davidtorez and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yep, 100%. Well, kind of, I still have "interests" and "hobbies" but it's more of a way to pass by the time rather than something I actively take pride in and enjoy like I used to. Maybe it's because I never branched out and slowly lost interest like anyone else would once the novelty wears off, or maybe it's just related to a lack of joy and emotion from depression, who knows.

This is assuming drinking doesn't count as a hobby though, which I don't exactly think I can get away with saying it is...
Oh going out to get drunk with friends in my 20s was a hobby then I get that

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage
sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
gives me flashbacks to the moments where a "what are your hobbies" question would be asked and i'd make stuff up on the spot bc i really didn't have any.

Reactions: thebelljarrr
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
gives me flashbacks to the moments where a "what are your hobbies" question would be asked and i'd make stuff up on the spot bc i really didn't have any.
Same! I hate when people ask me that question

sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
Same! I hate when people ask me that question
yeah..

most of the answers are usually dumb as well, stuff like "shopping" or "chilling w friends"

believe me or not but even people in their 20s can say such a thing

but anyway, there's nothing wrong w being in survival mode, is there? or do you find it difficult to have a life without an interest in a hobby?

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

"We'll fly away, We'll find a way"
Oct 26, 2019
I completely understand you. I hate living in this house so I don't want to do anything. It's just depressing and unfair... I'm so ready to CTB. This is not what I wanted at all out of life. I just want this to be over with...is that such a hard wish to grant? Because it shouldn't be.

Reactions: thebelljarrr
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I completely understand you. I hate living in this house so I don't want to do anything. It's just depressing and unfair... I'm so ready to CTB. This is not what I wanted at all out of life. I just want this to be over with...is that such a hard wish to grant? Because it shouldn't be.
I agree!

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

"We'll fly away, We'll find a way"
Oct 26, 2019
If I could move out and get my own place it could get better I'm sure. I'd have the motivation and drive to actually try to do stuff... when I was in California I played guitar all the time... even living on the streets! I bought 2 ( I was ODing and had to leave it to go to the hospital but rebought it)and like I'd just find a good spot to play and it was awesome. I can't even bring myself to buy one because I hate where I live so much... what's your excuse? Is it environmental? I really wish I could go back to California but I had a hard time finding employment out there and pan-handling sucks... just begging people for money. Living on the streets isn't that bad but it isn't that great either. Sad to say I lived more when I was there than where I am in Texas with a job and roof over my head. It's sad and it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I haven't had hobbies in years. Frankly, I have no time. Even before now, living alone and having to do everything for myself consumed all of my time. All I've really been doing for years is trying to put fires out as they'd pop up. I could never get ahead enough to be able to take some time and do something I truly might enjoy. But, now is now, and I don't even have desire to rediscover any old hobbies from long ago, or find new ones. Just no interest anymore. My focus, the little I still have, is spent trying to get a few things settled before I go.

Reactions: thebelljarrr and divinemistress36
M

MettleSpirit41

Jun 2, 2024
Unlike many replies on this post, I had a lot of hobbies before depression hit. I was learning to play guitar, I loved reading books (I have around 40 books stacked at different spots in my house), I had a very keen interest in sketching, I also did some creative writing in my diary whenever I felt like it. The past 4 years of my life have wreaked havoc. I am responsible for the death of my father, I found and lost the love of my life (well, she is not dead, we just had to forcefully part ways because her family would never have accepted her marrying me, and it would have been too much of a pain for her), my career has been a mess as I have been switching jobs and even jobless at times because I am not able to perform given my mental health is at its worst. Now I am at home scrolling through SaSu most of the days, I have last all interest in my hobbies and I have no interest in anything at all. I am suffering from depression, anxiety and PTSD. I have gone totally numb because of the meds I took. And I am seriously contemplating about ctb. So, cheers to life, I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, GoatHerder and divinemistress36
GoatHerder

GoatHerder

Jul 11, 2024
I've been like that for almost a year now, zero desire to actually do anything. It's really bad because I never thought life could be like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Csmith8827
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I know depression causes one to loose interest in hobbies but I've never had interest in any kind of hobbies to begin with I've just been in straight survival mode for 7 years. Anyone else relate?
I relate, I fully relate. I honestly thought I was alone in this aspect hence I'm surprised to see that you also never had any hobbies to begin with. I think that life just isn't meant for me in the first place. I'm still so surprised to see another user here like me. I can't relate to those who have hobbies. All I do is random shit I don't even find entertaining to pass the time

Reactions: divinemistress36 and thebelljarrr
Ironborn

Ironborn

Experienced
Jan 29, 2024
Everything else is so exhausting I have no energy left for hobbies.

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
I used to have a lot of hobbies. A combination of physical injuries, deterioration of my mental health and physical illness have meant I've had to stop nearly all of them, which had in turn led to a further deterioration of my mental health and massive increase in self harm as I used to use active hobbies like hiking, cycling and running as substitutes for SH as well as enjoying them in their own rights. Reading, gardening and training my dog are what's getting me through at the moment but I miss the physical challenges and the artistic achievements of some of my other hobbies, and the interesting people I met through them and the places I got to visit.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I've never really had much interest in existing in the first place, it's certainly not for me, I find human existence to be so undesirable, meaningless and futile, I never would have chosen to exist, I'm only meant for the peace of death. I just don't relate to those who find existing bearable and like aspects of it, to simply be conscious and aware is tiring and dreadful to me, it's a burden to exist and I'm only still suffering here as I lack the means to painlessly free myself.

Reactions: divinemistress36
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
I've taken up walking, idk what you're circumstances are but fresh air is the best hobby

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Ash
Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

EVERYTHING IS F@CK3D
Jul 12, 2024
I guess it depends on what "hobbies" means to you. I've never had a normal persons hobbies, no. I'd color with gel pens, do diamond art sometimes. Or read. Occasionally (very very occasionally, I'd play a video game) but all of that seem eh to me to now too. All my hobbies now include SH but I have been clean 22 day it'll be 23 in a few hours. So I have no hobbies I guess?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash