cryptic.cvnt

cryptic.cvnt

deadgirl
Jul 2, 2023
ive tried working out and dieting healthily but it hasnt helped much. i really need effective tips, whether theyre "healthy" or not. can somebody please help? starving is obviously an option, but im wondering if theres more.

• Hugs
Reactions: R.F.
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
You have issues like binge eating or binging on high sugary or convenient foods?

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I see.

You could try fasting.
For this to work you'd need a good diet. You'll also need to adjust your lifestyle so the fasting is doable.
If you fast, high intensity exercise will no longer be doable for example.
Things like anxiety and mental health problems can also wreak havoc on this process.

But anyway, it might be better to consult a dietitian first.
You'd need to find a good dietitian though, which can be difficult.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Don't. That's my advice. Once you start down that path there is no coming back. Healthy weight loss is one thing. Unhealthy weight loss will turn your life into a living hell and there is no escape. Do you want to spend every waking moment thinking about food that you know you won't allow yourself to eat? Do you want to spend an hour staring at a stick of celery crying and eventually throw it away because it's too many calories? Do you want to start having panic attacks in grocery stores because there's so much food it's terrifying and you want it all but won't allow yourself any of it? Or to weigh yourself obsessively and feel like a failure if the scale doesn't go down or god forbid it goes up by even 0.1 pounds? Eating disorders are not the pictures of happy skinny girls, they are tears, hair loss, bone pain, brittle nails, and numb legs and arms. Don't do it.

B

BurningSita

Sep 10, 2023
Look up Dr Jason Fung on yt. He explains really well what works for sustainable weight loss and what doesn't and why.

Basically, if there's insulin in the blood, your body can't access its own fat stores and you can't lose weight. I'm telling you from my own experience, this is what worked for me. Once you learn how to keep the natural insulin low, you'll know how to lose weight and keep it off.

I second the advice of fasting. After trying heaps of things that didn't work, rolling 48hr or 72hr fasts is what allowed me to lose weight and keep it gone.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Don't. That's my advice. Once you start down that path there is no coming back. Healthy weight loss is one thing. Unhealthy weight loss will turn your life into a living hell and there is no escape. Do you want to spend every waking moment thinking about food that you know you won't allow yourself to eat? Do you want to spend an hour staring at a stick of celery crying and eventually throw it away because it's too many calories? Do you want to start having panic attacks in grocery stores because there's so much food it's terrifying and you want it all but won't allow yourself any of it? Or to weigh yourself obsessively and feel like a failure if the scale doesn't go down or god forbid it goes up by even 0.1 pounds? Eating disorders are not the pictures of happy skinny girls, they are tears, hair loss, bone pain, brittle nails, and numb legs and arms. Don't do it.

It's definitely possible to lose weight in a healthy manner, and this includes fasting.

Intermittent fasting is a good start for people who have never fasted before.

johnwatterson

johnwatterson

Sep 30, 2023
not everyone that tries to lose weight ends up like this. there are many ways to lose weight in a healthy way. i lost a lot of weight when skating everyday and eating high protein low calorie foods like rice and chicken, sandwiches and just overall not eating like shit all the time.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
ive tried working out and dieting healthily but it hasnt helped much.
If that hasn't had much effect, then there might be other underlying, deeper problems.

Only a good dietitian can help you with that.

I myself had poor nutrition as a kid, because my parents couldn't prepare proper meals and didn't know what healthy meals looked like.
My other family members also had bad eating habits, like eating a lot of candybars etc, which I also developed as a kid.

I also barely ate vegetables or fruits.
As a result, my gut health was awful.
Unfortunately, this was not something that any of the dietitians in the past have told me.
This was something that I found out just a few years ago.

So the dietitians I've visited in the past were completely useless.

You need to find a good dietitian who is competent and qualified, and can do much more than just shoving a diet menu in front of you and expect you to magically work out things.

carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
i was chubby ugly short about 5'8 185 pounds , my gf left me and out of sadness i did like a water fast basically id only have water throughout the day max id eat was like a cup of blueberries or maybe an ice cube and in two weeks i went from 185 to 160. if i worked out id probably lose more but idk if my body as weak as it is could even do it. now im still ugly and short but im visibly skinny and i like to think i look better, at least much better than i used to. i got used to not eating rather quickly but even if you cant do that you can always eat something like grains which will fill u up but wont have too many cals.

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Unless your weight puts you at risk of health complications, there's no need to lose it. I doubt you are overweight while only eating 2 meals a day.

In which case, it will be almost impossible to go even lower without adopting some sort of unhealthy habits.

In case you are overweight, what do you mean exactly by "eating healthily and exercising" not being effective? Because it is slow, but it is this way because it won't fuck up your health long term, unlike starvation or extreme diets.

bpdbunnygirl

bpdbunnygirl

Sep 19, 2023
count calories. find out how many you need to eat to lose weight (there's calculators online).

dumbgirlonline

dumbgirlonline

Nighty Night Princess
Sep 30, 2023
ive tried working out and dieting healthily but it hasnt helped much. i really need effective tips, whether theyre "healthy" or not. can somebody please help? starving is obviously an option, but im wondering if theres more.
The key is to have high protein, high volume meals. I usually have one meal a day around 500 cals. I don't recommend calorie counting because you end up trying to hit your limit. Start buying sugar free everything. Burn more than you eat. I usually do a 4 mile walk or 2 hr cycling. I also do some Pilates, yoga, or HIT workouts. Take laxatives with every meal, double the recommended dosage. Weigh yourself every morning. Start eating more greens. Take gut health vitamins and eat a lot of probiotics. Do not reward yourself with food, you are not a dog. Personally, I'm very competitive so I like to see how long I can go without eating. Read up lots of books about nutrition and watch videos. I watch mukbangs & f@tsp0. I forced myself to enjoy throwing up meals. You have to want to suffer, being perfect isnt something you'll achieve eating whatever you want and being lazy.
Unless your weight puts you at risk of health complications, there's no need to lose it. I doubt you are overweight while only eating 2 meals a day.

In which case, it will be almost impossible to go even lower without adopting some sort of unhealthy habits.

In case you are overweight, what do you mean exactly by "eating healthily and exercising" not being effective? Because it is slow, but it is this way because it won't fuck up your health long term, unlike starvation or extreme diets.
With how most foods are nowadays, people can very easily eat 1000 calorie meals in one sitting nowadays. It very much is possible to become overweight on only 2 meals. Also, it might be an issue with gut health/hormones/metabolism/misc. health issues. In which case OP would need medication to balance out the hormones or treat their health issues.

Last edited:
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
not everyone that tries to lose weight ends up like this. there are many ways to lose weight in a healthy way. i lost a lot of weight when skating everyday and eating high protein low calorie foods like rice and chicken, sandwiches and just overall not eating like shit all the time.
There very much is such thing as healthy weight loss and that is a good thing. But OP saying they don't care if the method they end up with is healthy or not and that they've been considering starvation is a big red flag that they may well abuse things. I'm all for people who want to eat well and exercise and be healthy, but it seems like OP is getting into this for the wrong reasons. The mindset someone is in is extremely important when it comes to dieting, and if their mindset is that they don't care if it's healthy for them or not that makes me very nervous about how they may chose to do this.

johnwatterson

johnwatterson

Sep 30, 2023
ive tried working out and dieting healthily but it hasnt helped much. i really need effective tips, whether theyre "healthy" or not. can somebody please help? starving is

There very much is such thing as healthy weight loss and that is a good thing. But OP saying they don't care if the method they end up with is healthy or not and that they've been considering starvation is a big red flag that they may well abuse things. I'm all for people who want to eat well and exercise and be healthy, but it seems like OP is getting into this for the wrong reasons. The mindset someone is in is extremely important when it comes to dieting, and if their mindset is that they don't care if it's healthy for them or not that makes me very nervous about how they may chose to do this.
even then instead of encouraging them to continue an unhealthy lifestyle instead tell them healthy ways to lose weight. it doesn't need to go from one extreme to another.

http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
What does healthy eating and exercise look like for you? Would you like to give an example? If neither of these things has helped, have you ever had your thyroid levels checked? Are you taking any medication? Antidepressants and antipsychotics can make it difficult to lose weight or even make you overweight.