D

dxstressed

Mar 13, 2020
The NHS in the UK is a joke. I have told 4 different people in the mental health team that I think about suicide regularly and I have my methods, yet all they can offer me is the crisis phone number or tell me to go to A&E?

I just don't know what to do anymore. I am Borderline Personality Disorder and I am speaking to my ex boyfriend, after the voices in my head told me to, even though in the bigger picture it may not be a good idea, but I just want him to love me. Without him, I feel so unloved. It's just difficult because I live with my friends, and I can't bare the thought of one of them finding me dead.

Just don't know what to do anymore,
Dxstressed.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Hopeindeath!, Regen and 6 others
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
The NHS in the UK is a joke.
I have had a similar experience.
I was told I was not in the right mindset for therapy.
I told them I tried to hang myself twice, their response was just go over the techniques we told you in the previous sessions, when I said that doesn't help, was told it's because I'm not trying hard enough.
They also made me watch a Ted Talk on suicide and said it was selfish.
On my discharge phone call they asked if I had a plan and still had the rope, I said yes and they still discharged me.
Fucking ridiculous

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Lostandlooking and purplesmoothie
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
The NHS in the UK is a joke.
I have had a similar experience.
I was told I was not in the right mindset for therapy.
I told them I tried to hang myself twice, their response was just go over the techniques we told you in the previous sessions, when I said that doesn't help, was told it's because I'm not trying hard enough.
They also made me watch a Ted Talk on suicide and said it was selfish.
On my discharge phone call they asked if I had a plan and still had the rope, I said yes and they still discharged me.
Fucking ridiculous
Scandalous isn't it. It makes you wonder if they actually learn anything of any value at uni and college, or if it's just paper theory without considering that it's supposed to help actual human beings, or if they're just a bunch of totally useless and incompetent fuckwits.

Reactions: purplesmoothie and Lostandlooking
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
The more I hear about the NHS the madder I get. It's so incompetent it's infuriating. I'm sorry for all of you who have to deal with it.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, purplesmoothie and TheQ22
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
The more I hear about the NHS the madder I get. It's so incompetent it's infuriating. I'm sorry for all of you who have to deal with it.
Well - funnily enough been talking to someone tonight. A relative of hers is in hospital (again) and has liver and lung cancer, so is basically goosed and in a lot of pain.

They told this person they had listeria - presumably they did lab tests to determine this since it's a bacterial infection.

Now they are saying they made a mistake and they don't have listeria at all, it's definitely cancer.

Then they've gone to get them their pain meds because they are in agony, but they've lost the key to their medicine locker, so can't give them their drugs.

In the last hospital visit they were putting on weight (they are already obese) because they have diabetes, and the nurses didn't know how to deal with it, so every time they felt a sugar related crash coming on they kept givig them more and more food.

So a hospital where the nurses don't know how to deal with diabetes, they can't administer drugs because they've lost the keys, and where they mis diagnose someone with a bacterial infection when they have cancer.

Whne my dad was in a few years ago he was losing weight rapidly, like 20 odd llbs in a week and he felt himself getting weaker and weaker and basically knew he was going to die.

A new doctor came in and said whoa - why is he on this drip? He shouldn't be on that! Took him off it and put the right drug on and he felt 1000% better and started recovering within an hour.

Same hospital, same shit.

• Wow
Reactions: Mysten, Lostandlooking, purplesmoothie and 1 other person
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Well - funnily enough been talking to someone tonight. A relative of hers is in hospital (again) and has liver and lung cancer, so is basically goosed and in a lot of pain.

They told this person they had listeria - presumably they did lab tests to determine this since it's a bacterial infection.

Now they are saying they made a mistake and they don't have listeria at all, it's definitely cancer.

Then they've gone to get them their pain meds because they are in agony, but they've lost the key to their medicine locker, so can't give them their drugs.

In the last hospital visit they were putting on weight (they are already obese) because they have diabetes, and the nurses didn't know how to deal with it, so every time they felt a sugar related crash coming on they kept givig them more and more food.

So a hospital where the nurses don't know how to deal with diabetes, they can't administer drugs because they've lost the keys, and where they mis diagnose someone with a bacterial infection when they have cancer.

Whne my dad was in a few years ago he was losing weight rapidly, like 20 odd llbs in a week and he felt himself getting weaker and weaker and basically knew he was going to die.

A new doctor came in and said whoa - why is he on this drip? He shouldn't be on that! Took him off it and put the right drug on and he felt 1000% better and started recovering within an hour.

Same hospital, same shit.
...I don't know if I want to laugh or cry.

• Love
Reactions: Mysten, TheQ22 and purplesmoothie
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
...I don't know if I want to laugh or cry.
Laugh, we can't do anything about it. At least if you're suicidal and you need to go in for an ingrowing toenail you know you might not come out again because they might accidentally remove your head by mistake.

• Love
Reactions: Lilacmoon