E

emilyissad

Sep 12, 2024
Hi, I've been trying to research how to most effectively kill myself via shooting myself with a shotgun, but am having trouble due to being bombarded with help resources from search results instead. If anyone could answer my following questions or direct me to a resource which answers them, that would be helpful.

1. Where would be the most effective place to shoot myself? My brain, I assume, but if so where on the brain? How do I most assure it would be fatal without leaving me in a painful half alive state?

2. How close up could I shoot? If I put the barrel directly against my head would the gun still be effective?

3. What type of shotgun and what type of bullet?

For clarity, I am planning on using a shotgun because my research has told me they're generally more effective for suicide. And my goal here is to have a plan that has the best odds of killing me successfully, the worst case scenario would be living the rest of my life with a terrible gunshot wound. All responses are appreciated, thank you.

redkitsune98

redkitsune98

Broken beyond repair
Sep 2, 2024
Usually what people state about gun death is that it is better to put the gun in your mouth pointing to its roof, so that any impact with the bones doesnt redirect the bullet away from your brain. DO NOT shoot under the chin. There is no guarantee the bullets wont just tear your jaw off and leave you to bleed to death.
The bullet reaches full speed inside the barrel, so there is no problem with touching your skin with the tip of the barrel.
I cannot answer the third question because I lack the knowledge to do so

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Upvote 0
onelastcall

onelastcall

Discord: onelastcall_
Jul 11, 2024
Hi, I've been trying to research how to most effectively kill myself via shooting myself with a shotgun, but am having trouble due to being bombarded with help resources from search results instead. If anyone could answer my following questions or direct me to a resource which answers them, that would be helpful.

1. Where would be the most effective place to shoot myself? My brain, I assume, but if so where on the brain? How do I most assure it would be fatal without leaving me in a painful half alive state?

2. How close up could I shoot? If I put the barrel directly against my head would the gun still be effective?

3. What type of shotgun and what type of bullet?

For clarity, I am planning on using a shotgun because my research has told me they're generally more effective for suicide. And my goal here is to have a plan that has the best odds of killing me successfully, the worst case scenario would be living the rest of my life with a terrible gunshot wound. All responses are appreciated, thank you.
I have no knowledge on this matter. But going that way always sounds so horrific. Have you ever considered any other method that could be less damaging to your body if you failed? There are other methods just as effective if not more SN for example with little to no damage to your body.

Upvote 0
E

emilyissad

Sep 12, 2024
I have no knowledge on this matter. But going that way always sounds so horrific. Have you ever considered any other method that could be less damaging to your body if you failed? There are other methods just as effective if not more SN for example with little to no damage to your body.
Hi. I have been insistent on shotgun because through my research it seems to be the most consistently successful and painless. Please direct me to these better methods you have in mind

Upvote 0
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Usually what people state about gun death is that it is better to put the gun in your mouth pointing to its roof, so that any impact with the bones doesnt redirect the bullet away from your brain. DO NOT shoot under the chin. There is no guarantee the bullets wont just tear your jaw off and leave you to bleed to death.
The bullet reaches full speed inside the barrel, so there is no problem with touching your skin with the tip of the barrel.
I cannot answer the third question because I lack the knowledge to do so
00 buckshot

• Love
Reactions: Lish and pthnrdnojvsc
Upvote 0
onelastcall

onelastcall

Discord: onelastcall_
Jul 11, 2024
Hi. I have been insistent on shotgun because through my research it seems to be the most consistently successful and painless. Please direct me to these better methods you have in
Hi. I have been insistent on shotgun because through my research it seems to be the most consistently successful and painless. Please direct me to these better methods you have in mind
I'm not a gun expert and I cannot even access them so I never even looked into it as a method. There was recent thread on here where a woman survived a 45 calibre shot, left her disfigured. Now, maybe she just didn't do it properly and she's an off case but I would hate to be in that position. As for my own method, I am choosing SN. Easier to get, quite a good success rate and no lasting damage as far as I know if I do survive for whatever reason. I'm not sure how difficult it would be for you to get it but you can look around the resource page and find more information. The most violent method I would consider is jumping or train.

Upvote 0
BoredNTired

BoredNTired

Wants to sleep for a good long while
Sep 30, 2024
Check the mega thread for the most accurate and plentiful info

Reactions: mango-meridian and ropeburns&migranes
Upvote 0