Admont

Admont

Bleeding
Mar 25, 2020
Hi guys, do you believe in long distance love?

Reactions: sadgirl2002 and Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Hmm yes. It's a lot of work, but i think love is love. Maybe to start out it's probably even better than a love around the corner.

• Love
Reactions: sadgirl2002, Brink, SpareWheel and 1 other person
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
My last relationship ended up with her emotionally cheating on me. How accessible it is to cheat on you significant other while engaging in a long distance relationship is a very vulnerable feeling. Committing to trusting your partner is all that you can do. There is really no way of you proving that they are cheating either until their actions speak for themselves. Partners who meetup beforehand and engage in long distance likely have a better outcome than ones who do not.

For me, I would engage in another long distance relationship if I had found another partner. I would make sure that i do not engage in purchasing a ticket to see that person without them committing half the money in travel. My last partner ditched me after she knew a month in advanced I had purchased a non-refundable ticket to come see her during the Thanksgiving holiday. From what I've heard, she dumped her other boyfriend that she cheated on me with, and went onto get engaged with this dude in less than four months. I dodged a bullet in the end. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink and Admont
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Yes. I've a mate in Australia married to an Aussie chick he met, a lad in Sweden with a Finnish girl (don't ask) and the only women I've ever truly loved lived at the opposite end of the country to me most of our relationship. One of my fave Youtubers now lives in the Russian wilderness with his wife and two kids, and he's Danish.

It's fucking hard work, the majority of them will fail before they really get going and there'll be a lot more problems that pop up than in a close by relationship but it can be done if both parties are patient, committed and honest.

Reactions: Admont
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
When I was a teenager, I thought long distance relationships would never work and I wouldn't have been able to maintain one back then. I remember one of my closest friends at the time was in a relationship with a guy from Toronto and I think a year later, she told me that they broke up. I was so sad because she was always happy talking about him and I know they loved each other very much. We were all internet friends too. I think as the years passed, I was more open to it and now, I am in love with a guy who's in another country. I truly believe that they can work but it requires a lot of trust, effort and communication. I think they are more special and much more beautiful than a relationship where you live in the same country. I've seen so many videos on Youtube of long distance couples visiting each other and the immense happiness they feel is so heartwarming to see. You appreciate the little things they do and all of the moments you have with them.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
It's one of the hardest things to keep going but it's worth it if you succeed. I truly believe you come to appreciate that person more and cherish every second that you get to spend with them.

Reactions: Admont