• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It really sucks that I'm in a situation where not only do I have to hide my intentions of CTB in day to day life, maintain an appearance and front of being productive as to not raise red flags and what not. Then on top of that, plan out in detail of when, where, and how I am going to execute my CTB plan without getting detected or stopped. Finally, coming to full peace with going through (keep in mind I never actually made a "real" attempt before. I've simply dry-fired and practiced but never a real attempt - well because you can't really have a 'real' attempt without risking permanent injury and damage) and hoping I don't hesitate or have pesky SI kick in at the last moment. As I've known @TiredHorse for a while, even he (with all the resources and planning) struggled to CTB based on what he told me, so I know it won't be easy when it really comes.. Also, ever since he is no longer here (he hasn't been on since August 2019), there are even fewer people with knowledge of firearm laws and what not (previously before him was @Threads and @Stillnotsure as well as someone else). Now I'm basically alone on this and the last thing I want is to accidentally 'foil' my plan to achieve eternal peace. :aw:

Anyways rant over and aside...

With all that said, here is my current situation. So from this previous thread in regards to what I did with my method (my firearm) is that I stored it at some FFL. It was the best option I had when I had to move home, back to my parents' place. Also, my parents are anti-gun (they believe guns are bad and civilians shouldn't own them) and knowing that they know my mental state, they would not be happy nor trust me with any firearm. So having it at my parents' house is not an option (even sneaking it in is still risky because there isn't a good place where I can hide long term without them finding it either by accident or when cleaning/rearranging the home) and if they find out, the fallout would be unbelievably horrible (loss of method, kicked out of house, and possibly even thrown into a psych ward - all of which are horrible outcomes).

Then there is the issue of storage. The current store that I'm storing at is only doing this short term (like less than 3 months, maybe 2 months), so I need to find another place. Question I have though is: would an FFL be able to freely transfer their firearm to another FFL? If so, then perhaps I could move it from current FFL to another one. The only problem then is all the moving about and paperwork and what not just to move a firearm from store A to store B and what not, then whether or not store B will keep it long term (maybe 6-8 months). Then since it is far away from where I'm at, I need to find a suitable place to CTB, and I'd hate to do this, but it may end up in a hotel/motel room (as much as I'd wish it not to be), because I don't want to soil my parent's home, they are usually home most of the time and there isn't much times where they are both away (like on vacation and such). The last perfect chance at parents' home was last summer, in May 2019 when I had the home alone for 2 weeks (because they went overseas on vacation). So hotel logistics, transportation, and timing are all factors and issues to consider.

Therefore, I'm left with a few options, depending on the circumstances and how they play out as well as variables that could change at a moment's notice.

Scenario 1:
I get kicked out before I'm ready (either due to petty arguments or disagreements) to CTB, thus messing up the timing (I plan to do so later this year, like in the fall or winter 2020.) and plans.

Scenario 2:
I am unable to get my method in time due to the store's reluctance to keep storing my firearm until I'm ready to pick it up (will go through another BG check - but the BG check isn't much an issue because I have a clean record and had easily passed one, over a year ago). Sometimes, the store might just sell it or decide not to hold onto it anymore.

Scenario 3:
Unable to locate a suitable place and/or hotel or motel wouldn't allow firearms on their premises (which can be a bit difficult to find out without exposing myself to being 'questioned' why by hotel management). I'd rather not do it outdoors because there is a higher chance of being stopped than indoors (yes it's messier but it's more difficult for people to 'intervene' as they would need to jump some hoops first to get there).

If anyone has advice or know about FFL to FFL transfer law and specifics, feel free to post and let me know what I could do in these situations.

Last edited:
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
Do you have a vehicle that only you use? Forgive me if this is a stupid question here, but depending on what type of firearm you obtained, concealing it in a vehicle may be easy and still comply with state laws

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
A hotel wouldn't check what's in your bags. I've never had one ask if I was carrying

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What is FFL?

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Jan 17, 2020
I've only ever known FFL as federal firearms license. Basically, the license needed to partake in business involving firearms.

Reactions: TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@Garbage Person Yes, I have a car, and I do have a trunk, however, I cannot assume that there will never be a time where someone might decide to ask me for a ride or other favors and possibly discover it unintentionally so I don't think storing it in a trunk (long term) is a wise idea. Furthermore, being that my car is parked outdoors, the elements (cold or heat) wouldn't be good for the firearm, especially over many days.

@Throwmyselfaway Yeah, however, I am using a gun case to carry my long gun, so they might notice it, I don't know though.

@GoodPersonEffed It stands for Federal Firearms License and basically a licensed gun shop/gun dealer. They are allowed to commercial sell firearms and deal with firearms. Furthermore, they are required to conduct background checks on ALL prospective buyers, transfers, and what not, as well as keep records of each transaction (in something called a bound book, aka record keeping book). Also, it looks like @Garbage Person beat me to it.

Reactions: xBrialesana and GoodPersonEffed
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Jan 17, 2020
Fair enough on the risk of exposure, but the firearm would be fine in the cold unless we're talking sub zero temps, or trying to preserve wooden stocks.

O

OddOne

Jan 23, 2020
I had a couple of ideas.

You can rent a small storage unit and keep it there. Storage units are broken into, etc, but you could hide it under refuse or stuff ppl wouldnt steal.

You can dig a hole in the ground and store it there. A weapon in its case will hold. Yes, your parents could do work in the backyard that uncovers the firearm, but its unlikely, especially if you go for 4ft+ in depth of hole.

You can package the gun and store in a larger PO Box. That could be very illegal and troublesome. I would look into what rights you have and how PO Boxes work. I figure the mailman would assume the box is yours if it's in your PO Box addressed to you. However, I dont know how long they would let you keep the weapon in the box.

You could buy a small fire safe for documents and place the weapon in at home. I would tell.my.parents I bought the safe to keep my passport, birth certificate, and other valuables in storage. I doubt see my parents asking to open the box and check its contents.

Out of all the four suggestions I think getting a storage locker is the best.

Reactions: starshotplagues
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
You can package the gun and store in a larger PO Box. That could be very illegal and troublesome. I would look into what rights you have and how PO Boxes work. I figure the mailman would assume the box is yours if it's in your PO Box addressed to you. However, I dont know how long they would let you keep the weapon in the box.

When they put the mail in the PO boxes, they open one large door in the back that exposes all the boxes, so it would be seen and likely draw suspicion, leading to federal charges.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@OddOne, thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I don't think they are good in my situation. :aw: Also, since I have a long gun (a shotgun), it is not necessarily easy to hide (unlike a handgun). The advantage of the shotgun is due to it's lethality being over 99% (especially when done correctly and right). Also, I think what @GoodPersonEffed said is most likely correct and the last thing I want is to risk getting a criminal record, thus further fucking my life up even more.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
@thrw_a_way1221221 I just caught on to it being a shotgun. What gauge? You mentioned you've dry fired. Can you go to a shooting range and learn what kind of a kick it has? I'm sure you've already researched, not at all talking down to you. I'm just speaking from experience, and you will need to be confident with the weapon.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@GoodPersonEffed It's a 12 gauge shotgun, and as of now, if I am to access it again, I'd have to go to the shop or FFL that I have stored my firearm in and get it back from them (will go through another background check as the FFL treats it like a 'transaction from FFL to buyer'). I believe that I am confident with the firearm itself. When I CTB with it, I will likely be sitting down and having the barrel in my mouth. I don't believe the recoil would be much of a problem as I would be dead before I even feel anything or hear anything.

S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
It really sucks that I'm in a situation where not only do I have to hide my intentions of CTB in day to day life, maintain an appearance and front of being productive as to not raise red flags and what not. Then on top of that, plan out in detail of when, where, and how I am going to execute my CTB plan without getting detected or stopped. Finally, coming to full peace with going through (keep in mind I never actually made a "real" attempt before. I've simply dry-fired and practiced but never a real attempt - well because you can't really have a 'real' attempt without risking permanent injury and damage) and hoping I don't hesitate or have pesky SI kick in at the last moment. As I've known @TiredHorse for a while, even he (with all the resources and planning) struggled to CTB based on what he told me, so I know it won't be easy when it really comes.. Also, ever since he is no longer here (he hasn't been on since August 2019), there are even fewer people with knowledge of firearm laws and what not (previously before him was @Threads and @Stillnotsure as well as someone else). Now I'm basically alone on this and the last thing I want is to accidentally 'foil' my plan to achieve eternal peace. :aw:

Anyways rant over and aside...

With all that said, here is my current situation. So from this previous thread in regards to what I did with my method (my firearm) is that I stored it at some FFL. It was the best option I had when I had to move home, back to my parents' place. Also, my parents are anti-gun (they believe guns are bad and civilians shouldn't own them) and knowing that they know my mental state, they would not be happy nor trust me with any firearm. So having it at my parents' house is not an option (even sneaking it in is still risky because there isn't a good place where I can hide long term without them finding it either by accident or when cleaning/rearranging the home) and if they find out, the fallout would be unbelievably horrible (loss of method, kicked out of house, and possibly even thrown into a psych ward - all of which are horrible outcomes).

Then there is the issue of storage. The current store that I'm storing at is only doing this short term (like less than 3 months, maybe 2 months), so I need to find another place. Question I have though is: would an FFL be able to freely transfer their firearm to another FFL? If so, then perhaps I could move it from current FFL to another one. The only problem then is all the moving about and paperwork and what not just to move a firearm from store A to store B and what not, then whether or not store B will keep it long term (maybe 6-8 months). Then since it is far away from where I'm at, I need to find a suitable place to CTB, and I'd hate to do this, but it may end up in a hotel/motel room (as much as I'd wish it not to be), because I don't want to soil my parent's home, they are usually home most of the time and there isn't much times where they are both away (like on vacation and such). The last perfect chance at parents' home was last summer, in May 2019 when I had the home alone for 2 weeks (because they went overseas on vacation). So hotel logistics, transportation, and timing are all factors and issues to consider.

Therefore, I'm left with a few options, depending on the circumstances and how they play out as well as variables that could change at a moment's notice.

Scenario 1:
I get kicked out before I'm ready (either due to petty arguments or disagreements) to CTB, thus messing up the timing (I plan to do so later this year, like in the fall or winter 2020.) and plans.

Scenario 2:
I am unable to get my method in time due to the store's reluctance to keep storing my firearm until I'm ready to pick it up (will go through another BG check - but the BG check isn't much an issue because I have a clean record and had easily passed one, over a year ago). Sometimes, the store might just sell it or decide not to hold onto it anymore.

Scenario 3:
Unable to locate a suitable place and/or hotel or motel wouldn't allow firearms on their premises (which can be a bit difficult to find out without exposing myself to being 'questioned' why by hotel management). I'd rather not do it outdoors because there is a higher chance of being stopped than indoors (yes it's messier but it's more difficult for people to 'intervene' as they would need to jump some hoops first to get there).

If anyone has advice or know about FFL to FFL transfer law and specifics, feel free to post and let me know what I could do in these situations.
Let me ask again, why it's impossible to hide the gun in your parents' house?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Well, you've got the most powerful one. And I know someone who accomplished it as you're planning. I'll leave it in your capable hands to work your own stuff out, I got my own method to grapple with. :heart:

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Let me ask again, why it's impossible to hide the gun in your parents' house?
This is because my parents are usually home (unless they are at work) and there isn't a good place I could hide it in my bedroom. Closets are full and there is almost no room underneath my bed. Also because occasionally they do cleaning and sometimes move furniture around, thus it is likely they will stumble upon and discover my firearm, which would lead to worse outcomes for me. That is even assuming that I get the firearm successfully from my vehicle into their home without detection (which is already difficult to do).

S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
This is because my parents are usually home (unless they are at work) and there isn't a good place I could hide it in my bedroom. Closets are full and there is almost no room underneath my bed. Also because occasionally they do cleaning and sometimes move furniture around, thus it is likely they will stumble upon and discover my firearm, which would lead to worse outcomes for me. That is even assuming that I get the firearm successfully from my vehicle into their home without detection (which is already difficult to do).
A guitar case? Can you remove any parts to make it smaller?

T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
I would put a gun in a safe, or gun case whatever. Then put that case into the back trunk, and lock the trunk. I'm sure all car trunk has a lock. As long as the trunk is lock, families or friends who you give rides to can't open a lock trunk.

Last edited:
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
What if you rented out a storage unit like @OddOne first suggested. Like one of those that are accessible 24/7 and one that's big enough to fit your car.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@S1mpleme I suppose I could, but I don't have the tools or knowledge to disassemble the firearm. I don't want to faff around with it and then not know how to put it back properly, seems more work than what I'm comfortable with.

@mattwitt As for a storage unit, well I don't trust that (especially if it's outdoors and prone to theft and not climate controlled) and there are some that don't even allow firearms in them due to their policies. Another thing is if my firearm is already in a case itself (gun case) then it would be redundant to have that in the case and into the trunk?

S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
@S1mpleme I suppose I could, but I don't have the tools or knowledge to disassemble the firearm. I don't want to faff around with it and then not know how to put it back properly, seems more work than what I'm comfortable with.

@mattwitt As for a storage unit, well I don't trust that (especially if it's outdoors and prone to theft and not climate controlled) and there are some that don't even allow firearms in them due to their policies. Another thing is if my firearm is already in a case itself (gun case) then it would be redundant to have that in the case and into the trunk?
Can't believe you can't hide it somewhere, like it's a machinegun. Watch YouTube at least, it is not that hard to disassemble. But a luggage case or something else, there tons of furnitures for that too.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Why can't you just tape it into a moving box and just neglect to unpack the box? I've done that my whole life and my family never batted an eye. Not with a gun, of course, but packed boxes just are not suspicious and people don't go into them.

I can't help but think you're maybe overthinking this whole issue because you're so conscious of the gun. It feels conspicuous to you, and your hyper aware of it, so everything seems more complicated than it is.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Maybe I might be "overthinking" this but I don't want to leave any chance for error. Sorry if I sound paranoid, but this is something I just don't wish to mess up and end up losing my exit. I don't have access to other reliable and more peaceful means (N, SN, EB, N₂ and what not), the next best thing is either partial or NN (Night-night) both of which I'm not confident in. When I have too much at stake and possibly lose, it does put a lot of pressure.

• Hugs
Reactions: k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I do understand that. I don't think you're wrong in feeling the way you are at all. It's a big deal. I just think that's what's making it all seem so complicated. Maybe a simple solution is right there, waiting.

Just a silly thing to toss out here... I saw someone gift wrap their SN and hide it in plain sight. That's kind of an awesome idea. People don't unwrap other people's gifts. I know a gun isn't SN, but my point is... Simple.

Reactions: drake4871
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Ok, so today I've given the logistics a bit more thought and had a few ideas...

The idea of having the firearm at my parents' house is not an option (unless whenever they are out of town for an extended amount of time, like for at least several days (at least 3+ days), which would allow me time to prepare to CTB not in their home, but using their home as a place to prepare and get everything ready and set up, then leave their home to a remote place to CTB.), so for all intents and purposes, just assume this is not a feasible option.

Before I go on, the question that I never really got an answer to (I Googled it, but couldn't find a definite answer to and IANAL either I don't want to take the chance of being 'wrong'.) is "Can an FFL transfer the customer's firearm to another FFL for storage, if the current FFL is unable (for any reason) to hold onto the customer's firearm for storage?" This is an important question because it will determine how things will play out.

Plan A (if current FFL cannot hold on for long term):
If the current FFL in which I stored my firearm at isn't going to hold onto the firearm much longer, go to FFL to pick up firearm and store it at another FFL (hopefully that one will hold onto it for at least 6-8 months or longer). When the time to CTB is near, rent a hotel/motel (for at least 2+ nights or more) and then pick up firearm at the new FFL (where it is stored). Return to hotel/motel room, finalize everything (sending letters, delayed emails, and all things, etc.) then (if possible), drive off to remote secluded location and then CTB.

Plan B (assuming current FFL will continue to hold it until I'm ready to retrieve it):
Unlike Plan A, if current FFL is able to hold it longer, then the moving firearm to another FFL wouldn't be necessary. Proceed similarly to Plan A (saying goodbyes, farewells, delayed emails, etc.) then go to remote location and CTB.

I have no plans to CTB anytime in the next half year at the least (barring exceptional circumstances), since I am using this time to tie loose ends, finish up stuff I want to finish (by my own volition), and also bracing myself to be 100% ready later on when my time comes. The purpose of the motel and hotel is to have a temporary space to get everything ready and also finalize things. I couldn't really prepare it at home (unless both my parents are out of town for an extended period of time and also at the same time as I wish to CTB, which is near impossible.)

Anyways, what are your guys' thoughts on my now revised plan after thinking it thoroughly? Another question is whether or saying to the FFL that "my parents are anti-gun and don't like to have guns in their house, and that I'm temporarily living there until I get my own place, thus I'm storing firearm until I get my own place. But if they are unable to hold it for that long, then look for arrangements for another FFL to hold or other storage options."

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@cursum.perficio Because I don't have access to it and also procuring it will be difficult (not because of legality, but because of my personal circumstances). Furthermore, getting all the materials, including anti-emetics, going on a 48h regimen, and what not, it's more complex than simply overriding SI, putting a barrel in my mouth (aimed at the brainstem), and squeezing the trigger until I am no longer in this world.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've never had to store a firearm at an FFL as my parents are very pro-gun, I wasn't even aware you could even do that actually.

Why not pick it up and get a vacuum-sealed mylar bag, bury the shotgun + a couple shells in the woods and then return to it when you are ready? That's what I would do if I couldn't store my firearms at home.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
You are fortunate to have pro-gun parents and family.

As for FFL's, not all FFL's do that though, some do and some don't (have to check individual stores and shops). While the current one is storing my firearm for me, they won't be able to do it long term, therefore, I would need to look at another FFL to do that. Once again, this question still remains unanswered, but "Can an FFL transfer the customer's firearm to another FFL for storage, if the current FFL is unable (for any reason) to hold onto the customer's firearm for storage?" This is important because it would determine how many more hoops I have go about when storing the firearm (legally and without alerting people who know me IRL or my parents). Just fyi, am legally able to own firearms and can pass BG checks.

In regards to the woods and burying, I don't have a suitable place to just do it and would even require traveling to private property, which would only complicate things and I don't want to run into trespassing issues. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm making excuses, but I'm not as I know my personal situation best and the circumstances surrounding me currently.

C

cursum.perficio

Nov 26, 2019
@cursum.perficio Because I don't have access to it and also procuring it will be difficult (not because of legality, but because of my personal circumstances). Furthermore, getting all the materials, including anti-emetics, going on a 48h regimen, and what not, it's more complex than simply overriding SI, putting a barrel in my mouth (aimed at the brainstem), and squeezing the trigger until I am no longer in this world.

If you're in the US you can easily order it online from amazon or etsy. Even then you can do a 60mg stat dose of meto and 800mg of cimetidine about two hours instead of the regimen. I know dignitas does 40mg of meto an hour before 15g of N.

Nevertheless it's your choice of the method to use. Whatever it is, I wish you the best of luck.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
If you are unable to continue having the FFL hold your shotgun, you could disassemble it and fit it into a bag. I doubt your parents would have any reason to open your personal containers if all they are doing is just "spring cleaning"

Otherwise I don't know, I can't think of any other alternatives.