hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
Anyone else absolutely terrified of being in the local news with an article with your name saying you took your own life? I guess it won't matter as if you're dead you wouldn't know but wow it fucks with my head knowing it. I really hope I don't get slammed on the media for my decision when it comes to it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lwlaiet8887, TimetoGo!, zeldalover and 12 others
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
Write in your note that you do not wish to appear in any article, if they are honest, they will respect this.
And what can they say, they are not going to slam you, people feel sorry for people who commit suicide, not hatred. And if they're talking about you, that means you haven't gone unnoticed. It's rather positive.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: zeldalover, Pearl, Inthewind and 5 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I can't focus on that kind of stuff since as you say it won't matter. You'll get slammed if you jump into traffic or something like that but people tend to feel sorry more often than not (even if they think you were "crazy").

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, heavyeyes, The Burning Fool and 1 other person
Letmedienow

Letmedienow

Aug 17, 2023
Anyone else absolutely terrified of being in the local news with an article with your name saying you took your own life? I guess it won't matter as if you're dead you wouldn't know but wow it fucks with my head knowing it. I really hope I don't get slammed on the media for my decision when it comes to it.
I think it will only be in the news if you do it in a public place. They try not to report on suicides because they think it leads to copy cats. Like others said, they won't slam you if it was reported. The articles are usually sympathetic to the person.

Reactions: zeldalover, heavyeyes, sserafim and 2 others
tera_forest

tera_forest

Mar 19, 2023
I don't know what the news is like where you're from, but where I am they don't care enough about suicides to report individual cases. Most i've seen is statistics that say something like "suicide up x% compared to 10 years ago" or the suicide of a major celebrity. Even then it would be in the text section and not the live report

Reactions: zeldalover and Mauve87
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I remember when I was a child and used to go to the store. At the entrance of the store, there were trashy newspapers that displayed images of dead people right after the headline. People who had died in accidents, murders, or CTB.
The worst part was that they used dramatic headlines just to grab attention, as if they were a circus attraction.

I haven't seen it again, but it irritates me that people take pictures of your body and leak them on the internet, only to be turned into a meme or a WhatsApp/Telegram sticker.
Even when we're dead, they won't leave us alone...

• Love
Reactions: Pearl, heavyeyes, snowcloud9 and 2 others
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
YES, one reason what's stopping me besides, SI, family, or being scared! Literally everything is on the news esp CO deaths. I just want to disappear and be forgotten about!!

Reactions: milkofcalcium, heavyeyes and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, I'm really scared of this. I'm scared of even being in the news for whatever reason in the first place. I don't use my real name for any social media because I hate being known. I also detest having to be perceived by other people. I don't even post pictures of myself because I'm obsessive about my privacy. I really value it. Lol there are like no photos of me on the internet. I don't want anyone knowing about me.

Having my name be in the news would literally give me no privacy and it would force me to be known to the world, and through the lens of suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeldalover, Inthewind and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
Nobody really watches the local news anymore. Your family might put you in an obituary.

S

SpiritInTheSky

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
Sep 10, 2023
Chances are it'll make the news, I was reading the thread here earlier from 2018 and after I finished it I did a very quick google search for the OP and found tons of articles on them that had their pictures. The main focus was on how the system failed them and now they fell through the cracks. It went to court and was featured on documentaries. After it was picked up by the media it was discovered they were on this website and users comments were quoted in the articles.

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I hope my death doesn't make the news. I just want to disappear.

Reactions: sserafim
strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
I'd look forward to it I think. I mean at the end of the day I don't care about what happens to anyone after I die but I find it comforting knowing my ex will be thinking about what a fucked up partner they were & wondering if it affect me, or something similar with friends, teachers, & family.

Reactions: deadinside777
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
Train CTB for me, so I know I'll be featured in some articles and people will be pissy about it. Hopefully the article will also mention I bought SN from KLaw but the police took it away - they forced my hand and they only have themselves to blame.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, darksoul and Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I wanted so badly for my ctb to break the news, only because I wanted to raise awareness of our broken and underfunded mental health system. I also wrote instructions to encourage my gran to set up her own gofundme to help raise money to offset any costs my death would have brought about. I also just wanted to raise money for her as we come from poverty, she's struggling financially, and I knew a public suicide would be the ultimate protest and fundraiser. I also wanted my ex coworkers and employer to know to hopefully influence them to be more supportive when people are having a nervous breakdown. They treated me horribly instead.

Fortunately my failed attempt did not go public and the police threw away my signs. Thank god.

Last edited:
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I don't think news channels run suicide stories unless they're about major celebrities or important people. Which is good anyways since I don't want my death to be a spectacle.

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
I don't think news channels run suicide stories unless they're about major celebrities or important people. Which is good anyways since I don't want my death to be a spectacle.

Look up chemical or CO suicide on yt, none of these people are celebs!

Reactions: sserafim
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Unless you plan something really crazy, the media won't care about another suicide.

If you are planning to go out with a scene, I'd encourage you to reconsider, it won't be good for this site or your family.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It probably depends on what method you choose, how old you are, whether you a public figure and how tight your community is. If you're a middle aged average person and die quietly at home in a big city, I doubt that will make the news. If you're young though and/ or known in the public eye or choose a public suicide- maybe that will attract more attention.

Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022
I've been worried about this as well. If anyone CTB's in the future with SN purchased from K Law, I would expect it to be in the media? I'm in Western Canada and the K Law case has been in the local media recently. I'm interested in anyone else's thoughts on this.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I hope my death doesn't make the news. I just want to disappear.
Same! I wish I could just disappear. I wish I never even existed in the first place. I wish I could just fade away out of existence

Reactions: AshH
I

inmyhead

Student
May 21, 2023
It really depends what country you're from. I'm in the U.K., and I actually write for a local news organisation. Typically they do not report suicides because there is a fear of copycats/cluster suicides.

A lot of the time they will say someone was 'found dead'. But where I am suicides are not reporting of inconsequential everyday people. Although I am terrified of there being a report because I actually write for them 😅 I still think they wouldn't though.

Here is a wiki article about a series of copycat suicides in Wales and that the police asked the media to stop reporting on them: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend_suicide_incidents

Reactions: Letmedienow and Chronicoverwhelm
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
As a person who use to work in the media in my country suicides we're not mentioned unless there was something different about them. Like the death of a celebrity.

I'm sure everyone can find the exception and a news outlets that did publish names but that was the general policy where I worked

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Unless you leave video, you would only be mentioned as a tragic death.

aiki__0

aiki__0

Sep 18, 2023
Yeah... especially cause I live in a small village where everyone buts their nose into everyone's business. I know people I don't even know would be showing up to my funeral and my name being in the village paper. Also people who didn't give a shit about me sending my family messages. It's terrifying

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Suicides don't get a mentioned here.

For me it'd say something like "A 32 year old man was found dead. No suspicious circumstances were reported".

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Yes 100% something that crosses my mind alot. Hate how the press can get hold of it and probably make it worse for family

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
The goofs that call themselves local news here don't report on suicides, or anything of value for that matter. They're probably freaked that just saying "suicide" will cause all kinds of people to suddenly take their lives. It's like on the Simpsons: "Human interest stories. They tug at the heart and fog the mind."