Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Just taking a look at the stuff from the26, it's honestly such a nutjob lol

I mean apart the fact that all they post and quote are just opinions of individuals, their argumentation for SS to be taken down literally comes down to "suicide is bad" which is a purely subjective opinion.

The one attempt they try to paint it as something unlawful is when they mention that assisted suicide is illegal in most states of the US.
Fair enough to only be talking about the US I guess, as they are seemingly only trying to take the site down from the US, that said it's assisted suicide what they are talking about.
Suicide is in fact legal in most states of the US (and in most parts of the rest of the world).
Discussing information or even methods is not assisting someone in taking their lives, it's just that: Discussion.
To make this simpler to understand, discussing effective ways to kill a person is not assisted murder.

The rest just comes down to your own beliefs and morals.
Anyone may choose to hold the opinion of life being something that shouldn't be ended by oneself and anyone may choose to hold the opinion of it being something that oneself should have full control over.
Those are opinions, not facts and definitely not proof for anything.

Some stories from individuals, telling their stories and expressing their opinion that "SS is bad" with the reasoning that a family member, loved one, etc had taken their life, can be found as well.
How does this correlate?
Their words imply that the act of taking one's own life is somehow objectively "bad", yet this is just another opinion that comes down to one's moral standards.
For some people, suicide might be a bad thing, and that's alright, however for others it's not.
Assuming the opinions of the ones who took their own lives and expressing them in their stead is most disrespectful.

I'm not gonna touch the subject whether taking one's own life is morally okay or not.
This would just go on forever and lead to nothing.
This is purely about how they present themselves and what it sounds like looking at their presentation logically. Like an opinion.

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
So true. Like probably a bunch of people I found the site because of attacks on it. For a few minutes their arguments seem to make sense but it's one of those debates where as soon as you hear the rebuttal, it's evident who knows more about it and the people that it affects.

I do have to ask, "the26"? Not sure what you mean.