Makoto

Makoto

Look into my eyes and tell me who I really am
Jun 20, 2024
It surprises me how different reality can be when analyzed from the perception of two different people. Of course I think that reality is completely objective (although this reality escapes our understanding)... but is it for us?

I live most of the time, inside my own head... my work, what I do for a living, requires the ability to abstract myself. Sometimes I spend hours and hours sitting at a desk staring at nothing, trying to come to a conclusion, imagining dozens of situations in my head. When I'm not at work, my situation is not much different. Only this time instead of being in my head analyzing something, I'm simply thinking about myself and my life.

I enjoy reading and hearing about the personal experience of others. It helps me understand them. But many times I am frankly surprised by how different that experience is... It encourages me to see things differently.

Of course reality is objective... but are we really trying to see that objectivity or are we letting the inner filter turn everything into a traumatizing and tortuous experience? I guess it's impossible for any human being to be completely objective, it's because of our emotions... Our past experiences condition future ones... like a message that is distorted as it passes from ear to ear.

And well, I don't have anything else to say here, it were just some loose thoughts that were floating around in my mind... I guess to understand reality, maybe we must first understand ourselves.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and DeusVult