J

January-ish

Aug 23, 2020
From what I understand, it's rare that organs would be accepted from a suicide death, regardless of method. I am registered as an organ donor but I suspect that will be ignored. Most likely I will be using the inert gas method.

Has anyone considered live donation? For example, donating that extra kidney before ctb. I can not afford to pay for any of the medical/surgical expenses, so I would need to know if the recipient or orginization covers those costs. Also, I don't always have the cognitive resources for a lot of human interaction. So it would need to be a relatively short process with minimal requirements on my part. I would not be able to commit to several months of constant doctor appointments or making a lot of phone calls. It seems unlikely that it will be a simple process, but I would be interested in any information or experiences you guys can share.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I don't have any info to give, but it's amazing you would do such a kindness for people. as an added bonus if you die during the donation process or complications after the fact it won't be suicide anymore, win win.

J

January-ish

Aug 23, 2020
I don't have any info to give, but it's amazing you would do such a kindness for people. as an added bonus if you die during the donation process or complications after the fact it won't be suicide anymore, win win.

I hadn't even considered that. Now I'm even more motivated to donate my organs. ha

Reactions: Ghost2211