GettingGone

GettingGone

Chasing the Bus
Oct 19, 2024
The idea of "living like you're dying" refers to this way of life with no boundaries. Saying those out of pocket comments, spontaneous trips and activities, doing all the things that scare you because you may not get the chance to again. But for me, it's different.

I know I'm going to ctb one day. And so when I think about "living like I'm going to die", I start to step back from life. I make less efforts to hang out with people. I don't go the extra step when helping out. I try to be as little of a presence as possible. Why? So that when I die, they're a little more prepared. And it's not this massive part of their life that's suddenly gone and nobody knows how to literally function, it's more of an inconvenience that will be dealt with and forgotten.

Is it just me?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lastboyscout, deadpoet, pariah80 and 8 others
Major Tom

Major Tom

Feb 24, 2024
The certainty that i gonna ctb gives me a sense of happiness and confidents. Like I'm living the last days of my life, why not embrace them. I am exited to ctb. I have no close friends and i don't care for my family for reasons. (Yes I'm kinda spoiled with the suicide prevention help and material circumstances, but thats just me from my perspective)

DeadNotSleeping

DeadNotSleeping

Look at my wrist! Gotta go.
Oct 7, 2024
Idk for me the phrase means I can get away with just utter bed rot since nothing I do from this point forward matters.

Reactions: grauzone and alienfreak
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I would phrase it in a more positive way: "Live your life!" (- before it's too late to live it)

Welcome to the forum!

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm not massively sociable anyway but the same as you, a part of it is a conscious decision to let friendships and family relationships drift in the hopes that when I (likely) suicide, it will be easier on them.

The whole 'live each day as if it were your last' really isn't practical though, unless you're sure you really are living your last days here. Bills still need paying. All the crap that life necessitates needs doing, otherwise things get so much worse.

• Love
Reactions: deadpoet, pariah80 and grauzone
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't understand that phrase since we're going to die anyways regardless of what we do

Reactions: pariah80
P

pariah80

Student
Aug 12, 2024
I kind of get what you're saying. It takes off a lot of pressure to live this GIANT life, because you know you're at the finish line (whenever you decide to do it.) And you don't want to become this staple in people's lives to the point where your departure would really hurt them. That's a sign that you have a soul and a good one at that. For me, I only have a few friends. They have their lives. I don't have much family that matters. I don't want to be remembered. So, I'm kind of like you. I just go through my day. Some days are easier than others. But the pressure's off now. I'll be dead before the election, and I'm filled with relief knowing that. I look at where this society and world are going, and I feel a great deal of relief. I don't want to see the future of this.

I wish you serenity and clarity on your journey. 🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
I am not that important that when I'm gone "nobody knows how to literally function" lol.
And before I ctb, the few people that are left in my life will think that I am going on a "long vacation". Except that no one will know I'm not coming back. And when it's been a long time and they don't hear from me they will probably think I moved on with my life and don't want to be in touch anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: pariah80
permanently tired

permanently tired

I know you're laughing
Nov 8, 2023
I'm so tired if I knew I were dying tmr I wouldn't do anything different. Wake up, go back to sleep and wait for it happen.

lastboyscout

lastboyscout

Sep 23, 2024
The idea of "living like you're dying" refers to this way of life with no boundaries. Saying those out of pocket comments, spontaneous trips and activities, doing all the things that scare you because you may not get the chance to again. But for me, it's different.

I know I'm going to ctb one day. And so when I think about "living like I'm going to die", I start to step back from life. I make less efforts to hang out with people. I don't go the extra step when helping out. I try to be as little of a presence as possible. Why? So that when I die, they're a little more prepared. And it's not this massive part of their life that's suddenly gone and nobody knows how to literally function, it's more of an inconvenience that will be dealt with and forgotten.

Is it just me?
Same.. Since i decided in my mind to CTB , i dont have motivation to be with anyone , answering , talking or going out with anyone. I lost my mojo and just want to be unuseful.,. , Stopping caring about everything in one hand got me cured from a 10 year depression an in the other made me loose my job , So its a 2 sizes of the coin thing with positive and negative consequences :ahhha:

G

guitarsteve

Aug 17, 2024

Is it just me?
Living like I'm dying is exactly how I got here n the first place: norm good thought [process!