tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
Wpid fb img 1443788178943 Steve Jobs someone elses life quote 9122670299 BuI8Q7BCcAA1P59 Quote don t live your life to please other people oprah winfrey 67 88 49 6426058 Jenna Woginrich Quote It s okay to live a life others don t
I saw a quote online along these lines, and that got me thinking and looking for more like it (I especially like the one with someone jumping off a cliff lol).
People will say these things, "you have to live for yourself, you can't live for others", but don't think to consider: if you don't live for others, what follows if you don't want to live even for yourself?
And they will immediately turn around and start talking about how suicide is always bad and you shouldn't do it and how people will be hurt if you do it etc. etc.
I just find it funny.

• Love
Reactions: sugarb, avoid, divinemistress36 and 9 others
C

chester

Aug 1, 2024
giphy.gif

I'm glad you made the effort to gather these images and write your post. This needed to be said. I also hate this hypocrisy.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: sugarb, divinemistress36, Wolf Girl and 4 others
lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
I hate most of these "motivational" bs too. They are for people who are still trying to make life better and stuff.
For a person who's already given up and realized that nothing fucking matters, because you'll just decay and worms will eat your flesh eventually - it's like meh
I swear people act like life is such a huuuuge, important thing, and you have to succeed and "push your limits" ☝️
It just doesn't fucking matter. Not a single soul is going to remember you in 100 years. 🥹

Reactions: divinemistress36, esalucolom-wojaqter, landslide2 and 4 others
U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
I hate most of these "motivational" bs too. They are for people who are still trying to make life better and stuff.
For a person who's already given up and realized that nothing fucking matters, because you'll just decay and worms will eat your flesh eventually - it's like meh
I swear people act like life is such a huuuuge, important thing, and you have to succeed and "push your limits" ☝️
It just doesn't fucking matter. Not a single soul is going to remember you in 100 years. 🥹
Tbh people spouting toxic positivity aren't trying to make anything better they just try to get you to shut up about the reality of things.

Reactions: BobSmoked, CatLvr, divinemistress36 and 2 others
Jon Arbuckle

Jon Arbuckle

Aspiring Corpse
Jul 23, 2024
View attachment 148961 View attachment 148962View attachment 148963View attachment 148964View attachment 148965View attachment 148966
I saw a quote online along these lines, and that got me thinking and looking for more like it (I especially like the one with someone jumping off a cliff lol).
People will say these things, "you have to live for yourself, you can't live for others", but don't think to consider: if you don't live for others, what follows if you don't want to live even for yourself?
And they will immediately turn around and start talking about how suicide is always bad and you shouldn't do it and how people will be hurt if you do it etc. etc.
I just find it funny.
Maybe this stuff would be true if we were solitary tiger-people or something, but we're not. Humans are very social animals, it's normal to want to interact with other people, it's normal to want to be liked. I know this message of "live for yourself not others" has good intentions but I think it's not realistic to be 100% independent individualistic without needing anyone else. The individual is weak.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and landslide2
A

AflacDuck

Aug 5, 2024
"Its the ultimate selfish act"
Bitch its selfish to expect me to sit here and suffer in silence just for other peoples benefit. Every argument always has two fucking sides. Its all bilatteral.

Reactions: BobSmoked, divinemistress36 and Jon Arbuckle
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
They said you're supposed to live for yourself, not die for yourself

Joking, I agree it's very hypocritical

Reactions: tary and divinemistress36