kat6

kat6

Sep 25, 2024
I'm all out of things to binge watch and in a bad headspace. I could use a distraction…. Drop me your favorite movies/ tv shows about CTB…. I'll start.

Movies

Starting off with a funny one that's one of my faves:
Wristcutters: A love story - Despondent after breaking up with his girlfriend, Zia (Patrick Fugit) kills himself and wakes up in a bland purgatory populated by other suicides. He takes a job at Kamikaze Pizza and befriends a Russian rocker named Eugene (Shea Whigham) while trying to make the best of a very dull afterlife.

The Virgin Suicides- Five beautiful, dreamy Lisbon sisters, whose doomed fates indelibly marked the neighborhood boys who to this day continue to obsess over them. A story of love and repression, fantasy and terror, sex and death, memory and longing.

Stay (2005) - A psychiatrist begins to experience strange alterations in reality when he takes on a suicidal patient in this mind-bending tale.

Midsommer- A couple travel to Sweden to visit their friend's rural hometown for its fabled midsummer festival, but what begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.
** It doesn't revolve around CTB but there's quite a bit of suicides in it. It's a pretty disturbing movie overall, so not your casual Sunday watch imo. Proceed with caution lol **

The Butterfly Effect- College student Evan Treborn is afflicted with headaches so painful that he frequently blacks out. While unconscious, Evan is able to travel back in time to difficult moments in his childhood. He can also alter the past for friends, like Kayleigh, who was molested by her father. But changing the past can drastically alter the present, and Evan finds himself in nightmarish alternate realities.
** Also not centered around CTB, but it's in there**

Bonus:
Final Destination (all of them)- ** Not CTB, but people dying in all ways imaginable. Entertaining and fun to watch if all you think about is death anyway lol. **

Shows:

13 Reasons why- Two weeks after her tragic death, a classmate named Clay finds a mysterious box on his porch. Inside the box are recordings made by Hannah --- on whom Clay had a crush --- in which she explains the 13 reasons why she chose to commit suicide.

The Midnight Club- The series is set in a hospice and follows eight terminally ill young adults who form "the Midnight Club", meeting up each night to tell each other scary tales.
**This one is not CTB per se, but still people waiting to die so it counts I guess. **

American Horror STORY- Season 1: Murder House- It centers around the Harmon family, who, after dealing with a miscarriage and infidelity, move to a restored mansion in Los Angeles, unaware that the ghosts of its former residents and their victims haunt the house.

American Horror STORIES- Season 1 - episodes Rubber(wo)Man: Part One & Two- A teenager and her parents move into a forsaken home with a grim past. As the family makes renovations, a darkness takes root within them.

Penelope- A 16-year-old girl who feels alienated from civilization attempts to build a new life out in the wilderness.
** Not CTB, but a girl who kind of gives up on life in different way. Slow burn, but not bad.**

Reactions: Eole2.0
kat6

kat6

Sep 25, 2024
Thanks for the help guys 😢 lol

Anyway… found one more. Just finished watching it:

All The Bright Places- After meeting each other at the ledge of a bridge, a couple struggles with the emotional and physical scars of their pasts. They discover that even the smallest moments can mean something.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Crayon eater
May 9, 2024
Across the Furious Sea
Time Still Turns the Pages
Cry Me a Sad River

3 movies with suicide as a theme. First and third one made in mainland China, second one made in Hong Kong.

• Love
Reactions: kat6