PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
I'm enjoying it. The story has made me cry, made me laugh. I'm really invested in it - maybe I'm hyper emotional right now. Anybody else think about games as a tether to reality/life? I hope this is okay for off topic.

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and february in alaska
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
Yeah there's nothing wrong with enjoying a immersive game and throwing all of your time and focus into it to drown out how much pain you're in. Right now I'm trying to throw time into a game because the alternative is me heading down to C T B

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
Yeah there's nothing wrong with enjoying a immersive game and throwing all of your time and focus into it to drown out how much pain you're in. Right now I'm trying to throw time into a game because the alternative is me heading down to C T B
What ya playing if you don't mind sharing?

AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I wish I had time to play videogames. I still haven't even played any Zelda games that came after Ocarina of Time

E

Eumetazoa

Oct 19, 2023
I've finished BG3 recently. Now replaying it, although with the same character and mostly with the same choices. Basically redoing my first playthrough, but with some choices different, cause I'm too invested in my head canons. Games often keep me from committing suicide, but it also makes me want to ctb way way more. Probably because of my derealization & depersonalisation. All games and movies that I like very much make me want to ctb more. Especially RPGs, since I get invested into rp.

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
I've finished BG3 recently. Now replaying it, although with the same character and mostly with the same choices. Basically redoing my first playthrough, but with some choices different, cause I'm too invested in my head canons. Games often keep me from committing suicide, but it also makes me want to ctb way way more. Probably because of my derealization & depersonalisation. All games and movies that I like very much make me want to ctb more. Especially RPGs, since I get invested into rp.
I remember for a while I'd see a trailer and think "hang on for that one".

E

Eumetazoa

Oct 19, 2023
I remember for a while I'd see a trailer and think "hang on for that one".
Yeah, some games and movies are just worth prolonging life for.
Kinda ironic how things that are usually considered escape from reality are keeping us in it as well.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I've been cramming in all the amazing games I always put off playing and it's been such a good ride. RDR2 was the highlight of the last two/three months, but I also finally got around to playing TLOU. Both so, so amazing and I'm glad to have gotten the chance to meet the characters.

It's funny because in some ways I think good TV shows/games/movies/etc do tether me to reality and give me a reason to live since it's the one place I feel like I can escape from everything else. But at the end of the day that's all it is, escapism. So on the other hand, it just makes it harder when I go back to my own real regular life and realize exactly how unhappy I am.

carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
I've been looking at games recently in a very different way. if i spent 60$ on a game and it entertained me for 180 hours (elden ring) i would be happy knowing it did keep me happy for that long. i played mk1 for 25 hours so far and its been great as a insomnia/anxiety distraction. I can honestly say that without games and music id already be gone. Im just passing the time enjoying the little naive joys i can in the form of games and music until i get bored of it all for the last time.

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
I've been cramming in all the amazing games I always put off playing and it's been such a good ride. RDR2 was the highlight of the last two/three months, but I also finally got around to playing TLOU. Both so, so amazing and I'm glad to have gotten the chance to meet the characters.

It's funny because in some ways I think good TV shows/games/movies/etc do tether me to reality and give me a reason to live since it's the one place I feel like I can escape from everything else. But at the end of the day that's all it is, escapism. So on the other hand, it just makes it harder when I go back to my own real regular life and realize exactly how unhappy I am.
I sometimes feel like everyone exists in some form of escapism. Sports, religion, music - is anyone really just there in the blank space?
I've been looking at games recently in a very different way. if i spent 60$ on a game and it entertained me for 180 hours (elden ring) i would be happy knowing it did keep me happy for that long. i played mk1 for 25 hours so far and its been great as a insomnia/anxiety distraction. I can honestly say that without games and music id already be gone. Im just passing the time enjoying the little naive joys i can in the form of games and music until i get bored of it all for the last time.
Thank the maker for music - if it didn't exist no way I'd have made it this far.

Reactions: Black Sky, AllCatsAreGrey and february in alaska
itsraining

itsraining

Sleep With A Baseball Bat
May 18, 2023
I love baldurs gate! Even though the setting is dark and depressing it's escapism from my life. also all the guys are sexy

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
I love baldurs gate! Even though the setting is dark and depressing it's escapism from my life. also all the guys are sexy
My character is an drow woman, and the weariness in her eyes is so real and so relatable. I think I'm in love with her haha. Even the dialogue, she's just done with everything and I'm always like "yep".

itsraining

itsraining

May 18, 2023
My character is an drow woman, and the weariness in her eyes is so real and so relatable. I think I'm in love with her haha. Even the dialogue, she's just done with everything and I'm always like "yep".
I made a male tiefling and I feel the same way, if he was real it would be the end of me lol

Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
What ya playing if you don't mind sharing?
I have been playing on the Final Fantasy 11 Private Server Horizon. Outside of that I just played Street Fighter six And some mobile games but I lost interest in them. I haven't tried Baldur's Gate 3 yet. Unfortunately I'm a little bit limited due to a nerve injury in what I can play

Reactions: itsraining
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
IMG 20231019 214618866 HDR2
I have been playing on the Final Fantasy 11 Private Server Horizon. Outside of that I just played Street Fighter six And some mobile games but I lost interest in them. I haven't tried Baldur's Gate 3 yet. Unfortunately I'm a little bit limited due to a nerve injury in what I can play
Well I hope if its your cup lf tea you can give it a try. Its turn based so you don't need reaction time or speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsraining
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
After my last misguided attempt that we may as well call a gesture this is what I did to pass the days. For me it was Path of Exile. I put many hours into it every day for two weeks. I enjoyed it. The game is functionally infinite and I'm at that part now. It goes on forever like Tetris. Or Solitaire. Or Chess. You use it as a vehicle to let the time go by, like Euro Truck Simulator. But I have finished, and the Sun is setting.

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
After my last misguided attempt that we may as well call a gesture this is what I did to pass the days. For me it was Path of Exile. I put many hours into it every day for two weeks. I enjoyed it. The game is functionally infinite and I'm at that part now. It goes on forever like Tetris. Or Solitaire. Or Chess. You use it as a vehicle to let the time go by, like Euro Truck Simulator. But I have finished, and the Sun is setting.
That skill tree tho đŸ¤¤ Chess, I don't even want to talk about my ELO. Never did the Euro Truck but have been a Farm Sim fella for a while. I'm sorry your sun is setting đŸ«‚

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
That skill tree tho đŸ¤¤ Chess, I don't even want to talk about my ELO. Never did the Euro Truck but have been a Farm Sim fella for a while. I'm sorry your sun is setting đŸ«‚
Don't be sorry, share my relief. I used to play video games more when I was a child. I have many good gaming memories. It was nice to have that again for a couple weeks.

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
Don't be sorry, share my relief. I used to play video games more when I was a child. I have many good gaming memories. It was nice to have that again for a couple weeks.
I remember being sat down in front of my little TV with the NES and hearing footsteps and shutting it off and running to bed only to be betrayed by the static left on the screen đŸ˜‚

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart and AllCatsAreGrey
itsraining

itsraining

May 18, 2023
I used to play mmorpgs on my laptop in bed when I was a teenager and I had to slam my screen shut when my mom tried to come into the room (she always caught me :( )

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
I used to play mmorpgs on my laptop in bed when I was a teenager and I had to slam my screen shut when my mom tried to come into the room (she always caught me :( )
Hahaha *one more mob* *one more mob* hello 3am, how are you?

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I love Baldur's Gate 3. I still haven't finished the story, but have started over three times. It's a wonderful game.

This is my Tav.

IMG 20230915 211530 310

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
Druid. Halsin is best boy. We're going to build a new grove together when we're done with all of this.
đŸ’• đŸ’• I would like to adopt an Owlbear please and thanks. Camp life suits them, their coats get fuller and eyes brighter.

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
đŸ’• đŸ’• I would like to adopt an Owlbear please and thanks. Camp life suits them, their coats get fuller and eyes brighter.
Yes! Speaking of camp life, I love to decorate with my loot. My current camp has a gallery of paintings I've "borrowed". As well as an elaborate Selune shrine.

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
Yes! Speaking of camp life, I love to decorate with my loot. My current camp has a gallery of paintings I've "borrowed". As well as an elaborate Selune shrine.
Ohhhh that's slick. I didn't know you could do such things. I have just been hoarding in my box but have not done any decorating.

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Ohhhh that's slick. I didn't know you could do such things. I have just been hoarding in my box but have not done any decorating.
Pro-tip: you can decorate each camp differently. When you move to another camp, everything that you placed around the old camp will be in your traveler's chest. đŸ¤¯

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
Pro-tip: you can decorate each camp differently. When you move to another camp, everything that you placed around the old camp will be in your traveler's chest. đŸ¤¯
but if you go back to the old camp does it go back on the ground how you had it??

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
but if you go back to the old camp does it go back on the ground how you had it??
Yeah, each camp will keep the things you placed, if you return to them. Even if you place the same items in a different camp.

Sometimes if encounters are too much I like to take a break and play Happy Home Designer. It's nice for immersive RP. I always like to set up a Selune shrine. My druid is in the Circle of the Moon.