sameoldMantra

sameoldMantra

Aug 3, 2024
definitely something I wouldn't do but it is a not so strange way in which people make this decision. In general, a peaceful and quick way to CTB is the goal. and this is neither of the two... Why would someone do something like that?

Reactions: Forever Sleep, herooftime and timetodie24
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Usually, it's done as some kind of political statement. It's a pretty sensational way to go and they think it will more draw attention to their cause. I think it's extremely rare for someone who just wants to ctb, in general, to choose this method.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and timetodie24
T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
I wouldn't do it as a coward and too many risks.
But I have thought about in a 'fantasising' kind of way because it seems like a really awful way to go and I want to suffer in my final moments. I'd want to do it in the middle of nowhere so no one can stop me or get hurt. There's no chance I'll actually do it this way but i feel like i should experience the pain and fear of such a horrible method.
My goal is successful ctb. I don't care about quick or peaceful. But i guess the more successful methods tend to be the quicker ones as less time to back out/ be 'saved'

Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
If you are thinking of the self-immolating monks of Tibet, it's to gather attention for a political cause.

It's worth noting those monks are not garden-variety mortal human normie beings.
Their concentration is so beast strong from decades of training, they can in fact block out the sensation of pain absolutely.
They sit still like stone statues while burning alive.
Like imagine touching a hot stove, and holding your hand there for 30 seconds.
Now imagine that pain over your whole body, and not moving a muscle.
This is utterly impossible, but they can do it with their mind over matter power of concentration.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Self immolation sounds horrific and agonising to me, it terrifies me how a human is capable of feeling such immense agony, all I wish for is to never suffer again, I wish for a death as painless as possible that brings me peace from all the suffering this existence causes.

Reactions: sameoldMantra
sameoldMantra

sameoldMantra

Aug 3, 2024
I saw is common for some reason a Lot in Russia . Som because of break up . Other just in a gas station etc
What I Guess is that is more on the hype and not a real rational and plan. Like in the heat of the moment You have some gas or vodka and a lighter