• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Cheshirecatx

Cheshirecatx

Curiouser and Curiouser
May 10, 2019
Hi there,
Know this probably won't be answered but what's the difference between ligatures and partial hanging? And how are ligatures even tied - had friends do them multiple times but without suspension and I get they cut off blood supply but heard of people doing it with the smallest of things?

Also, with p.hanging, can't seem to get it to tighten even with pressure, gets to one point and refuses to tighten any further. A few practices and couldn't get it right. Any tips?

Take care guys. Thanks if you answer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Circles and Hotsackage
D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
Honestly, a lot comes down to knot and rope choice for partial.

The difference between that and ligatures is that partial requires you to hang from something, IIRC ligatures are free-standing in that you could do it standing in the middle of an open field with no terrain, since it's a loop.

If you can stomach it, considered full suspension?

Reactions: Circles
Cheshirecatx

Cheshirecatx

Curiouser and Curiouser
May 10, 2019
Honestly, a lot comes down to knot and rope choice for partial.

The difference between that and ligatures is that partial requires you to hang from something, IIRC ligatures are free-standing in that you could do it standing in the middle of an open field with no terrain, since it's a loop.

If you can stomach it, considered full suspension?
Have considered full suspension, it's in my options but having difficulty finding anything to use for it. Only could find nylon cord and wasn't able to support the weight or just wasn't effective in testing. Would do it off a local motorway bridge as at least that way if it were to fail the fall would kill or chance of getting hit.
What are the ties/loops on free standing ligatures? Couldn't find anything and I researched a lot. How do people use clothing items for it too - just Incase I do get admitted before being able to perform full suspension.

Feel like materials are so difficult to get, have looked in DIY shops, building areas, choices are limited. Did try with shoelaces on p.hanging but didn't seem to do much/hit the right spot.
Thanks for replying!

Reactions: Circles
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Ligature is a generic term for something used for tying or binding something tightly. In terms of hanging, it refers to whatever item you use to hang yourself (rope, Scarf, etc.).

Partial hanging is a method. You can check out the Hanging mega thread for details

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183

In order for the loop to tighten, you need a slip knot (for partial). This is the best animated knot site I've come across (although it's called a noose knot here):

One important thing to note is that this example doesn't leave enough of the end of the rope free.

Reactions: Soul and Circles
Cheshirecatx

Cheshirecatx

Curiouser and Curiouser
May 10, 2019
Ligature is a generic term for something used for tying or binding something tightly. In terms of hanging, it refers to whatever item you use to hang yourself (rope, Scarf, etc.).

Partial hanging is a method. You can check out the Hanging mega thread for details

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183

In order for the loop to tighten, you need a slip knot (for partial). This is the best animated knot site I've come across (although it's called a noose knot here):

One important thing to note is that this example doesn't leave enough of the end of the rope free.
That's very useful, thank you.
i am looking into materials to use as the rope I could find wasn't exactly useful and shoelaces weren't long enough. Think it'll take quite a fair bit of experimenting and practicing but always got full suspension too. Heard about a dog chain being used before and have been considering that as a material although I'm sure that would be quite painful. Any further tips please let me know but thank you for answering! :)

Reactions: Superfluous
D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
Climbing ropes. They support a large weight, are generally quite cheap.

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
There's a lot of info in the Wiki and the Megathread.