Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
It's a natural reaction when you're trying hard with something and it goes wrong. Obviously it's not ideal and you don't want to do it, but you quit the game anyway

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, lifewasawillowtv, sparkdarkmark and 6 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
To me, life is more like getting forced into playing the shit computer game you never wanted to play to begin with and getting forced as much as possible to continue playing said game despite me having worse traits than other people in the game. Nonetheless, a computer can't last forever and so the game has to end eventually. Sadly it's difficult to leave this game as people force you into it to the best of their ability

Reactions: BrainShower, worthIess, AInilam and 4 others
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
it's literally playing vs the computer

and the house always wins

see my review in sig -->>

Reactions: Disappointered and Darkover
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I feel like a character in a video game, rather than the one playing. The corrupt politcians and old money lobbyists are the ones with the game controllers.

Reactions: BrainShower, Remanant, Gonnerr and 3 others
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I feel like a character in a video game, rather than the one playing. The corrupt politcians and old money lobbyists are the ones with the game controllers.
exactly. another reason to check out from this retarded place

Reactions: Darkover
C

ChangeWaiter

Oct 23, 2023
Everytime I see people having their shit together it's like watching another trailer of the game to remind me why I joined it, but then I realize that I'm stuck at some shitty level, with a whole lot of shitty levels ahead of me. Everytime I mention quitting the game, someone tries to tell me that I haven't gotten to those moments in the trailer yet and that's why I'm like this.

Reactions: BrainShower, Remanant, Darkover and 1 other person
Waterfall500

Waterfall500

Dec 17, 2023
Ya its a good point you make. With everything else in life if its shit you stop doing it

Reactions: BrainShower and Darkover
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I knew I should've been a speed runner

Reactions: BrainShower, Waterfall500 and Darkover
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
...a very buggy, unpolished game with an awful community, and just like any awful video game it comes with grind mechanics and an overuse of microtransactions. The developers really need to release a patch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered, Remanant, tiger b and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I guess we're the ones who are NPCs but we're programmed to think otherwise. Well a few of us slip through the game code and realise just how unimportant we are and who has the real control here

Reactions: etrnllxid, Deleted member 65988 and Darkover
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I guess we're the ones who are NPCs but we're programmed to think otherwise. Well a few of us slip through the game code and realise just how unimportant we are and who has the real control here
We're the batteries. We're led to believe that suicide isn't the answer. That we have to endure our shit lives so we can do the shit jobs of society. Otherwise, who will do them?

matrixbattery.gif

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
People say life isn't fair.
Well do you know what I do when a game isn't fair?
i cheat or use hacks. Too bad rl doesnt have those
so I fucking well quit that shit

Reactions: tiger b, ijustwishtodie and Deleted member 65988
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
My signature should tell you what I think of life :)

Right now the floor and the walls are covered in shit, the bed's broken, air conditioning's busted, the toilet doesn't flush and there's broken glass all over the floor.

Door to the balcony - open and waiting

• Wow
Reactions: Disappointered, Darkover and Tears in Rain
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
It's a natural reaction when you're trying hard with something and it goes wrong. Obviously it's not ideal and you don't want to do it, but you quit the game anyway
Maybe it is a video game. In some video games when you die, you can change character and play again. Would you not like to come back as a different character, and try the game again? See where this human thing goes, what with all the changes in technology and A.I.? Maybe your next video game character isn't a crap one?

...a very buggy, unpolished game with an awful community, and just like any awful video game it comes with grind mechanics. The developers really need to release a patch.
Yeah, on the one hand, the game developer seems to be a genius, creating the vast Universe we live in; on the other hand he seems like a moron to have come up with this human shit-show. The human thing definitely needs an upgrade!

Yeah, a pity the game developer has you coded to avoid quitting the game at all costs. Your O.S. is called Survival. Your source code is based on that.:
IF
Suicidal thoughts occur
THEN
S.I.

I was watching some of the movie Castaway on TV there earlier. In the movie, Tom Hanks' character (stranded alone on a desert island, for those who haven't seen it) plans to ctb. So he sees a tree at the top of a cliff edge, and decides it's his chance to do it, hang off the edge of the cliff.
But first he wants to test the strength of the tree, by hanging a heavy log off if it. Here's what he tells his friend later in the movie, of what occurred:

"...I was never gonna get off that island. I was gonna die there, totally alone. I was gonna get sick, or get injured or something. The only choice I had, the only thing I could control was when, and how, and where it was going to happen. So... I made a rope and I went up to the summit, to hang myself. I had to test it, you know? Of course. You know me. And the weight of the log, snapped the limb of the tree, so I-I - , I couldn't even kill myself the way I wanted to. I had power over *nothing*. And that's when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket. I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. Somehow. I had to keep breathing. Even though there was no reason to hope. "

What if, like Tom Hanks in that movie, you don't have the power to decide if you ctb or not? What if the game developer feels it isn't your time yet?

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Maybe it is a video game. In some video games when you die, you can change character and play again. Would you not like to come back as a different character, and try the game again? See where this human thing goes, what with all the changes in technology and A.I.? Maybe your next video game character isn't a crap one?
hell no the quality of life on offer here is very bad, i would need to be immortal and have infinite computing power both of which are impossible, the technology advancements will only lead to our demise as it becomes possible to assemble molecules someone will use the technology to destory all life on the planet i am pretty sure of that

Reactions: Tears in Rain
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Implausible storyline
Graphics are poor
How can it be a decent game when the subquests are more fun than the main event?

Now where's the power switch, I wanna go home and eat my dinner with people who actually give a f about me.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Oh, real life has them for sure. But just like Game Genie for Nintendo when we were kids, you have have to pay to play.

Reactions: Darkover