Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
A lot of people are accustomed to what life throws at them. What else will they do? It's either picking a career or suicide. Suicide was never viewed in a good light to begin with and it's also very hard to overcome SI. On top of that, you'd also know your death caused a lot of pain to your loved ones. So, suicide isn't the most appealing of options to most people for understandable and obvious reasons. It doesn't matter if nothing in life attracts you or if you fucked your life up or whatever... You're forced to live or make a very hard decision to end your life.

that's one way how our existence is kinda like a trap.

Once we're alive, we realize we're unable to change some of the most critical parts that constitute us. We can't really change our biology among many other factors like environment. Really, we're forced into this world where luck dominates a great majority of lives either in good or bad ways from the very day we're born to the very day we die.

that's the second way.

In this world creative pursuits aren't valued that much. Want to paint? Do photography? Maybe write a cool book? Act? Theatre? Become a musician? Good luck making ends-meet, especially if you live in an expensive area. If you're really good at what you do and make decent income from some of these creative pursuits, then consider yourself lucky. We're often times FORCED to pursue meaningless careers just to get a paycheck. Meaningless because they don't fulfill our deepest desires. The truth is that a lot of passions are NOT very lucrative and that is IF you have a passion.

that's the third way.

There are more but these 3 are important and enough to paint the picture.
It is slavery. Most people will make up lies to ease this discomfort. Many follow religions to give purpose and meaning to life. Others do drugs, drink or eat to numb the pain.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: lovehate22, DetachedDreamer97, all_pointless and 21 others
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
I find living a fulfilling life challenging when I keep this in mind. We're hardwired to desire freedom but our existence is, in multiple ways, wired towards the opposite. You try to find some freedom by choosing what career and pursuing passions, but it's a career that someone else made available to you, and passions are pursued in time that hasn't been decided by you. I loathe it.

Reactions: WitheringAway, The Dark Chaos and Whitewash11235814
Tiktok

Tiktok

Feb 21, 2020
high iq

Reactions: Whitewash11235814 and idontwannadothisanym
DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I was considering making a post like since work culture is the driving force behind my suicidal thoughts. Guess I don't need to now, which is fine by me. I would like to add, even if you manage to make money from a creative pursuit, said monetization can ruin your passion for it. It happened to me. I had to give up after just barely attempting an art career because it immediately went from something I love to just stress.

• Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, mote, Whitewash11235814 and 4 others
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
Capitalism is one of the worst methods that human being invited . it converted the all society to some slaves that they always have debt to pay and they can never be free from the decisions that governments make for them . In Capitalism the most stupid people ( government ) make decisions for smart people

• Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, all_pointless, AJ. and 4 others
Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
A lot of people are accustomed to what life throws at them. What else will they do? It's either picking a career or suicide. Suicide was never viewed in a good light to begin with and it's also very hard to overcome SI. On top of that, you'd also know your death caused a lot of pain to your loved ones. So, suicide isn't the most appealing of options to most people for understandable and obvious reasons. It doesn't matter if nothing in life attracts you or if you fucked your life up or whatever... You're forced to live or make a very hard decision to end your life.

that's one way how our existence is kinda like a trap.

Once we're alive, we realize we're unable to change some of the most critical parts that constitute us. We can't really change our biology among many other factors like environment. Really, we're forced into this world where luck dominates a great majority of lives either in good or bad ways from the very day we're born to the very day we die.

that's the second way.

In this world creative pursuits aren't valued that much. Want to paint? Do photography? Maybe write a cool book? Act? Theatre? Become a musician? Good luck making ends-meet, especially if you live in an expensive area. If you're really good at what you do and make decent income from some of these creative pursuits, then consider yourself lucky. We're often times FORCED to pursue meaningless careers just to get a paycheck. Meaningless because they don't fulfill our deepest desires. The truth is that a lot of passions are NOT very lucrative and that is IF you have a passion.

that's the third way.

There are more but these 3 are important and enough to paint the picture.
It is slavery. Most people will make up lies to ease this discomfort. Many follow religions to give purpose and meaning to life. Others do drugs, drink or eat to numb the pain.
Almost makes you think that the powers in control of our world aren't even human. They overemphasize competition and very cold, mechanical ways of constructing society. They're emphatic about sciences, technology, mathematics, politics, law etc... all signs of a race of beings without compassion or love in their hearts. Something is obviously wrong here and I'm not convinced that it is just the way it is. We don't know what could have happened throughout history or what alien civilization may have enslaved us or are controlling us in some way. Humans have been around for over 200,000 years and recorded history only started little over 2000 years ago. That is a lot of time that went unrecorded that we know nothing about, not to mention we are lied to all the time in history books anyway.

Reactions: all_pointless, Whitewash11235814, Bct and 2 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Just be mentally normal tbh, otherwise it's giga over

Reactions: Philosykos, Whitewash11235814, x-Ace-x and 1 other person
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Capitalism is one of the worst methods that human being invited . it converted the all society to some slaves that they always have debt to pay and they can never be free from the decisions that governments make for them . In Capitalism the most stupid people ( government ) make decisions for smart people
What other system could be better than capitalism? It's been a while since I did business in school.

Reactions: Whitewash11235814
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
We are enslaved by life in many ways. Enslaved by the body with its survival instinct and selfish genes, enslaved by the family with its social bonding and emotional attachments, enslaved by society with its capitalist ideal of successful career and constant growth.

What is suicide but a complete defiance of slavery? A choice to defy evolutionary, social and societal programming. The suicidal are the bravest of pioneers.

• Love
Reactions: coppervomit, Busdriver, all_pointless and 6 others
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
I've tried to work based on passion, but those didn't pay me well, especially since I had to move to bigger city & the commute isn't forgiving otherwise. It sucks when what you're passionate about is too niche to the point only more privileged people are the ones who can afford little to no money in the process of working.

Reactions: all_pointless and Whitewash11235814
mx5nb3

mx5nb3

"The opposite of depression is vitality"-A.S. Tedx
Jun 10, 2020
I wish the world was like:
1. •Hey Joey, what do you plan to do with your life?
-Im going to get a business degree and become a successful CEO!
•Thats great! Keep up the good work.

2. •Hey Joey, what are your plans for life?
-I honestly have no ambition, and dont want to waste my life meandering, so im going to kill myself.
•That's understandable. It takes a lot of courage to go down that path, and I hope you go peacefully.

I really wish suicide was looked at as a courageous and honorable decision.

• Love
Reactions: rhiino, Busdriver and KibblesNBits
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
Depends of the degree in wich the markets are free. Capitalism, believe me or not, is the most fair, civilised and helpful economic system for humans.

rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
Capitalism, believe me or not, is the most fair, civilised and helpful economic system for humans.
It is neither fair, nor civilised, nor helpful. It is modern slavery and right now wrecking the environment.

Reactions: Outsider