catch99

catch99

Apr 18, 2021
Do you guys think a life without a girlfriend/boyfriend is worth living?

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: nopointofliving, Rabitfever and kerokeroka
palebluedot

palebluedot

the view from halfway down
Apr 20, 2020
it can be. not for me though.

Reactions: Seaghost and catch99
catch99

catch99

Apr 18, 2021
it can be. not for me though.
I tend to agree. It seems that as animals our sole purpose is to reproduce and if we can't do that, then what's the point?

Reactions: Astral316 and Ame
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I am not made for it. I become extremely jealous and imagine he is cheating and I am paranoid. Not worth it for me I have tried it and it causes more hurt than good.

Reactions: blue_muse and catch99
Jinnberg

Jinnberg

Apr 23, 2021
A life without a significant other has the potential to be worth living, but it could also be not worth living. One person could be perfectly fine without a girlfriend/boyfriend, and another would be absolutely miserable without one.

I don't think there's really a definitive answer, it all depends on the person. Everyone has different levels of what they can and cannot tolerate, or maybe I'm just over complicating the question, and if that's the case, then I'm really sorry!

Reactions: Ame, GenesAndEnvironment and catch99
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
With acceptance and a tolerable job and/or engaging hobbies, I don't see why not.

Reactions: UterEntonaur, Ame and catch99
kerokeroka

kerokeroka

Kerokero:8068 我正在学习中文, 我虽然不擅长..
Oct 3, 2019
Depends, you can be happy without ever having a romantic partner. Life would suck after a while but you could still do things that make you happy.

Reactions: catch99
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've experienced both lives so here's my opinion:

Being with someone you love, it's like the best drug ever. The first days, months, years are so...MAGIC.
Then, things are so great that you might end up living together like I did. And that my friend, is when you really start to know the other person, it's just like getting married.
She/He will not be as perfect as you thought and she/he will also see your flaws.

If you manage to get over the rut, jealousy, lack of sex and can support each other no matter what. Then, a love life is what you need.

As for me, I had found the love of my life but the things I mentioned ruined our relationship.

Thus, now, I'm alone and very lonely.

Do I miss love? Of course I do. It's really nice to have some cuddling and hugs when you're in your bed. Now, I just hug my pillow.
However, I really like this loneliness. I feel so much peace and...truly, I'm not ready to be in a relationship for now. First, I gotta fix my mind.

To sum up, yes, a life without love is worth living as long as you love yourself but if you find a partner things might get better. It all depends on each individual. We're all different.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nopointofliving, Passersby, onthelastday and 4 others
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
no. that's one of the reasons to kill myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: LenkaX, onthelastday, catch99 and 3 others
DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
I need to be loved and I want love someone, share my life with someone; so for me life without that isn't my thing. Someone else can be happy without love.

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I personally can say that it's a difficult topic but I personally wouldn't say that it's worthless/meaningless but rather it's sad, annoying and really challenging when you have stupid parents who ask stuff like "when should we expect some grand kids" or mention up that "person xyz from your aunt xzz is already married and has kids" or shit like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: catch99 and Ame
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
If not having a partner is the main or only negative, then yes 100%. I don't really want one and I don't see myself getting one anytime soon.

I can do just about everything I could with a partner on my own, go to fancy restaurants, cinema, concerts, you name it. Plus, I'm only having to pay for myself so the whole experience costs half as much!

Reactions: Passersby and catch99
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Tbh I think people who choose to live without love and people who can't find love will have two different perspectives on this.

Reactions: charcoalcat, deadinsideforever, catch99 and 3 others
alown

alown

soon in the other reality where we come from ༄
Mar 13, 2021
we come alone we go alone in any case, the ideal of having a boyfriend or a girlfriend is just a cliche imposed by society

Reactions: Morituri_Te_Salutant, Passersby, catch99 and 1 other person
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
Never had a love in my entire life and i become very depressed

Reactions: catch99 and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Maybe. I just wish someone would love me. I'm so lonely. Only the booze is my friend at this point.

Reactions: Passersby and catch99
catch99

catch99

Apr 18, 2021
Appreciate everyone's replies :heart:

I wish I could believe it's possible, but I just don't think that it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bedrock48, Celerity, Jinnberg and 2 others
SweetDreams500

SweetDreams500

Narcissistic gay NEETcel
Apr 4, 2021
Humans are social animals. We need companionship

Reactions: catch99 and Celerity
onthelastday

onthelastday

I died long before i met you.
Apr 16, 2021
I don't even know what love is

Reactions: Astral316 and catch99
J113632

J113632

Cheesed to meet you
Nov 30, 2019
I don't think a significant other really makes a difference. Having a boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't cure mental illness and its really hard to maintain those kinds of relationships.

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Yes. It used to be that I cared about having a SO, but no longer. I don't even think friends are necessary. On the other hand, we do live in a society and this kind of POV does put me in a precarious position.

5 years from now I'd like to be a digital nomad who also happens to make some music and play poker tournaments all across the country. I don't need anyone with me to do this.

But to get there, I might. I've been neglecting my relationships for long that all I've got left are my parents and my grandma. I have a job I can't properly do, but should find a way to hang on at least for a year. Finally, when/if I abandon everything to really throw myself towards that path, I'm bound to disappoint the last remains of my social support and will have to find a way to get by entirely on my own (or give up).

Loneliness doesn't make it worthless, it just makes it much harder when the environment keeps trying to bend you to its demands.

Reactions: catch99 and Morituri_Te_Salutant
SweetDreams500

SweetDreams500

Narcissistic gay NEETcel
Apr 4, 2021
I don't think a significant other really makes a difference. Having a boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't cure mental illness and its really hard to maintain those kinds of relationships.
not being able to have a gf/bf is horrible.

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
I believe that depends on how old you are. It is worse for a young person to be alone, who never loved anyone. But we are social beings, so no one should live alone. Passionate love is better than anything, but when you lose that love it will be worse than hell.

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i've been without any type of love for a long time and i don't think it would make a difference to me i need to die

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Nope, my 20 years were a sad fucking waste you see the evil in everyone and can become bitter hateful and full of despair so easy. Feeling like that is very much a right though. The rigged game is sick.

Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
I wouldn't know. I've never been in love or a relationship, never really had interest in one because I doubt anyone would want someone so broken

• Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer
O

Over&out

Feb 21, 2020
Thats why I bought my meto and SN. She has little time to want me back in her life or I'm gone.