isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
I'm planning to go out in 3 days but weirdly everything has gotten better. I found a new hobby and a good game but I'm not sure what to do anymore. It's gonna get worse again so I want to go out while I still can peacefully but life is enticing rn.

Reactions: odazai
T

tubs35

Aug 24, 2023
That's happened to me before. I think as I get closer to the date I stop caring as much and for some reason things start to get better, then when I start caring again I fuck it all up. Ughh life

blackwidow

blackwidow

Road to nowhere
Aug 12, 2022
I've already changed it 2 times. This one is the last peaceful day I'll be able to do it.
Well this is your choice then.. But Im sure the will be many more peaceful days to come.. Your uncertainty is maybe telling you something..

ApathyToLife

ApathyToLife

Send in the clowns.
Aug 18, 2023
I would say this is your subconsciousness telling you: "Hey buddy, I've heard you were dead serious on CTB, so here's a little bit of something to change your mind". It's a form of SI which works in a way that it recognizes that your actions in the short future will cause harm to your body and may endanger its existence, so it tries to trick you into believing that "Wow, thing A really seems fun to do, and game B is really fun to play". While it may be a good thing, it is ultimately a form of "early" SI kicking in.

I've also fallen victim to this thing. Every time I'm dead serious that I want to CTB asap and start making preparations, setting dates, writing notes, a new update comes out in my favorite game and I'm like "Nah, today is not the day".

Reactions: Sylveon
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
I would say this is your subconsciousness telling you: "Hey buddy, I've heard you were dead serious on CTB, so here's a little bit of something to change your mind". It's a form of SI which works in a way that it recognizes that your actions in the short future will cause harm to your body and may endanger its existence, so it tries to trick you into believing that "Wow, thing A really seems fun to do, and game B is really fun to play". While it may be a good thing, it is ultimately a form of "early" SI kicking in.

I've also fallen victim to this thing. Every time I'm dead serious that I want to CTB asap and start making preparations, setting dates, writing notes, a new update comes out in my favorite game and I'm like "Nah, today is not the day".
Yeah i was thinking the same that it's SI kicking in. I'm currently the same as op.

Reactions: ApathyToLife
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
There is nothing really strange. There are people in the world who died of drowning and starvation. There is no special person. I wish you good luck with all my heart.
That's happened to me before. I think as I get closer to the date I stop caring as much and for some reason things start to get better, then when I start caring again I fuck it all up. Ughh life
I think the mind has a role in increasing hope. I hate this little hope in my head

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess that after all only you know when the time is right to leave, I personally think it can be difficult setting dates for ctb in advance as after all existence is unpredictable. But anyway I wish you the best in whatever happens going forward.

Reactions: isthisit?
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

…
Jul 10, 2023
Yeah, I ordered my SN a few days ago and it'll arrive on September 8th or so and my life has been slowly getting better, while waiting. I might decide to delay the ctb date but I dread going to college. The day my SN will arrive (the day I plan to ctb, college will be a week after that) will be the only day I'll have time to ctb until next year.. and if I delay my ctb date then i'll have to attend college. I'm just.. impartial.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huggs
Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
Maybe you could see how you feel the day of and then make a decision.
Yeah, I ordered my SN a few days ago and it'll arrive on September 8th or so and my life has been slowly getting better, while waiting. I might decide to delay the ctb date but I dread going to college. The day my SN will arrive (the day I plan to ctb, college will be a week after that) will be the only day I'll have time to ctb until next year.. and if I delay my ctb date then i'll have to attend college. I'm just.. impartial.
This is difficult too. I think it should be up to you. I'd say the same with isthisit you could wait to see how you feel when the ctb date comes.

Last edited: