F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think we've all heard people go on about how life is precious. How it will somehow turn out ok in the end- if we only just hang on. It feels like we've all unknowingly signed some life pact in which it is ALL our responsibilities to make life work for as long as possible- so we don't let one another down I suppose... Except we didn't make that deal!

Why do you suppose some people feel this obligation more than others? Like- some people here have tried SO hard to 'get better'. I don't even intend to put myself through all that before I CTB! I suppose it depends on who you feel obliged to really. I guess a very strong faith or a very strong fear of upsetting your loved ones can trap you here. I guess any sliver of hope can also make you keep trying.

I suppose the more general idea that someone ought to keep trying rather than take 'the easy way out' comes from religion plus I suppose empathy towards the people left behind if the person goes ahead with it. I expect 'normies' empathise more with other bereaved 'normies' rather than the poor sod who couldn't go on anymore.

Reactions: LONE WOLF.
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Their lives are decent at the very least and cannot get to the lowest point that ours is so they are projecting their experience onto us in order to fend off our negativity.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Some of it it religious and societal conditioning, and some peoples brains are just wired differently. I often think of all the people who are worse off, yet more resilient than I am. Not everyone who doesn't want to kill themselves has some great life.

Personally, I do feel an obligation. I'm married, and I know my death is going to really fuck my husband up, but the pain and sickness is too much. I struggle with wanting to end my suffering knowing how bad the fall out is going to be for him.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Sister of the Moon and 1 other person