finish.me

finish.me

I need you to feel this
Jul 14, 2021
im anorexic and im restricting atm and i would honestly rather be dead then have my body be seen unless its emaciated but i love food its literally the /only/ color in my life and i just fucking cant stand how if i eat i still feel disgusting and terrible and like my life is fucking worthless and like a retarded fat unloveable disgusting slob and when i dont eat its like everything that invokes any kind of fucking speck of momentary happiness or at least FUCKING distracts me doesn't do it and i just wait till im allowed to eat again thinking and fantasizing about food. why do i have to be alive.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: fwompie, Mirved46, darkenmydoorstep and 12 others
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I'm on 4th day of water fasting and this is mood.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, blueclover_., patheticpartner and 2 others
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
I used to love food. Now I have absolutely no appetite because of how depressed and suicidal I've become. I've lost almost 20 pounds ever since.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Jumping_realms, patheticpartner and 1 other person
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
im jealous -_- i just finished day 1 of my fast..
The first 2-3 days are usually the worst tbh. I don't feel hunger anymore. Still, my life is about 40% more tedious without food.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and finish.me
C

CowsAreCool

Student
Sep 21, 2021
I'm on 4th day of water fasting and this is mood.
How is it? I have been meaning to try it for a while. My mom is convinced anxiety is caused by bad gut health, and that I need to water fast for a month to fix it.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
Cheers

Cheers

✨suicide is self-care✨
Oct 8, 2021
Catch me planning what i'll binge on during the few days before i ctb

• Love
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
How is it? I have been meaning to try it for a while. My mom is convinced anxiety is caused by bad gut health, and that I need to water fast for a month to fix it.
I have fasted for 10 then 7 days, then twice I broke the fast on morning of 3rd day due to feeling too bad due to low sugar — like, you make ten steps and you get tunnel vision bad.

For me the first two days are when I feel the worst hunger. The 3rd day is when I feel the weakest. I have about 15kgs of excess weight and I'm already down 4 (most of it has to be water and therefore not sustainable, but the rate is a bit alarming, I might break early due to it). There's also this weird shin pain from yesterday that got quite bad by the night. If it doesn't go away, I'm considering quitting earlier.

I would say fasting is not for everybody. Going for 2 weeks or more you'd definitely would need to supplement micronutrients too, and the time to break is very individual (if hunger returns, then your energy resources are totally up) so don't blindly listen to your mom. That being said, I find it way easier to fast than manage a diet just because of fasting being a simple binary. It also has a side-effect of resetting my taste buds so I don't crave the shit food so much, allowing me to adjust my taste to a healthier one, though I eventually relapse due to how much I can't be arsed to cook. And if worst comes to shove, I already have a CTB plan with several backups anyway so permanent damage to my organism isn't too big of a concern.

I've no idea how fasting on its own affects the gut microbiome (which apparently might be linked to anxiety, meta-analysis here), but supposedly it's much easier to maintain with a proper diet that in turn gets easier to do after fasting.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and CowsAreCool
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I'm anorexic too but I'm a great purger, so I can eat whatever I want and still lose weight, however it's both a blessing and a curse…

• Love
finish.me

finish.me

I need you to feel this
Jul 14, 2021
a fucking month lol?? that would kill you. health professionals only recommend like at MOST 3 days of fasting without a doctors supervision and after that it gets dangerous as hell
The 3rd day is when I feel the weakest.
god yeah that third day is the worst for me too. its killer

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: patheticpartner, CowsAreCool and CynicalHopelessness
C

CowsAreCool

Student
Sep 21, 2021
I have fasted for 10 then 7 days, then twice I broke the fast on morning of 3rd day due to feeling too bad due to low sugar — like, you make ten steps and you get tunnel vision bad.

For me the first two days are when I feel the worst hunger. The 3rd day is when I feel the weakest. I have about 15kgs of excess weight and I'm already down 4 (most of it has to be water and therefore not sustainable, but the rate is a bit alarming, I might break early due to it). There's also this weird shin pain from yesterday that got quite bad by the night. If it doesn't go away, I'm considering quitting earlier.

I would say fasting is not for everybody. Going for 2 weeks or more you'd definitely would need to supplement micronutrients too, and the time to break is very individual (if hunger returns, then your energy resources are totally up) so don't blindly listen to your mom. That being said, I find it way easier to fast than manage a diet just because of fasting being a simple binary. It also has a side-effect of resetting my taste buds so I don't crave the shit food so much, allowing me to adjust my taste to a healthier one, though I eventually relapse due to how much I can't be arsed to cook. And if worst comes to shove, I already have a CTB plan with several backups anyway so permanent damage to my organism isn't too big of a concern.

I've no idea how fasting on its own affects the gut microbiome (which apparently might be linked to anxiety, meta-analysis here), but supposedly it's much easier to maintain with a proper diet that in turn gets easier to do after fasting.
This is really interesting. Thank you!
I have a terrible diet right now, so I will have to try it. I am underweight, so I figure a shorter fast is the way to go. 30 days is out of the question. I wonder where she got that number. I suppose its a good number for CTB.

• Hugs
91Days

91Days

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Oct 14, 2021
I'm anorexic too but I'm a great purger, so I can eat whatever I want and still lose weight, however it's both a blessing and a curse…
How does purging work wouldn't you have digested the food before you throw it up

• Hugs
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I have a terrible diet right now, so I will have to try it. I am underweight, so I figure a shorter fast is the way to go. 30 days is out of the question. I wonder where she got that number. I suppose its a good number for CTB.
If you're underweight, fasting is more risky due to not having fat reserves to burn for fuel. I really suggest consulting with a doctor on whether it's safe for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Jumping_realms and CowsAreCool
BrokenHopes

BrokenHopes

What doesn't kill you, f*cks you up.
Nov 27, 2019
Eating disorders are horrible! I am sorry you are going through such pain. I can relate alot to what you are writing. But I have a binge eating disorder. Right now I am trying to restrict though and my mind is always on food. It takes over your life.
I hope you can develope a healthy relationship with food in the future.
I wish you peace and strength.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, patheticpartner, inactive and 1 other person
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
How does purging work wouldn't you have digested the food before you throw it up
No, I do it before it has time to digest

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and CynicalHopelessness
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Personally, I hate eating at the moment. It is hard work forcing myself to eat. Food just makes me feel ill. I would happily live without food. I'm sorry you are suffering. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, PeacefulTonic, CynicalHopelessness and 1 other person
kurisutinabestgirl

kurisutinabestgirl

Kurisu is best girl
Oct 14, 2021
I also love food. It's such an amazing coping mechanism.
I try to starve myself on purpose most of the time, since I don't feel like I deserve food, and I gain weight very easily, but still, I always await the moment when I finally get to feast.[
May food give us power :)!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, CynicalHopelessness and finish.me
halcyon

halcyon

want to die n be free with my love<3
Jul 13, 2021
I feel you. I've struggled with anorexia for years, it's horrible. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: astromoon, Élégie, patheticpartner and 1 other person
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
I tried water fasting when i was in 7th grade. Lost a month worth of weight loss in just 3 days. I've never been that emotionally connected to food, sometimes it feels like a chore to sit and fill my stomach with dead organisms. So to people like me water fasting is not really hard and it's quite beneficial for the human body. Always take your vitamin supplements though!

• Love
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
im anorexic and im restricting atm and i would honestly rather be dead then have my body be seen unless its emaciated but i love food its literally the /only/ color in my life and i just fucking cant stand how if i eat i still feel disgusting and terrible and like my life is fucking worthless and like a retarded fat unloveable disgusting slob and when i dont eat its like everything that invokes any kind of fucking speck of momentary happiness or at least FUCKING distracts me doesn't do it and i just wait till im allowed to eat again thinking and fantasizing about food. why do i have to be