U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
People who say 'I am the unbiased source' is the most biased ones.

I am biased too. I admit that. I don't need to lie to you, I am an npc. I can live solely on lentils and water alone.

You can't find out truth objectively. Even science is seeking profit by acting the truth seeker. Because it needs profit to survive. That's why I hear pro-life more than ever. Profit. When there is profit there is always bias.

So, simply, life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: doormat25, pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
agreed, unfortunately more people than ever are realizing that life ain't wot is says in the brochure..
& with social media & information sources coming from everywhere, many are just in a 'trust no-one
mode' which is understandable.....these are differcult times.

Reactions: doormat25, pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023

Reactions: sorrowful, Praestat_Mori, sserafim and 1 other person
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Life is complete bullshit, for all living creatures involved, not just humans. Just think of literally every single animal out there in the wild..... every single day of their existence is either hunting and risking their lives to fight for their very next meal, or running away from other animals to not be eaten

And finally when its not that, then they're probably instead stuck at some farm waiting to be killed, or at some zoo being abused, or roaming around the streets sick and starving, constantly looking for their next meal

Same for humans, we just do it differently. In total we spend about 60 years in both school and job combined, just so we can afford basic necessities to not starve to death or end up homeless

And we all go through these endless hassles, just to fucking die in the end either way. Definition of torture

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36, TapeMachine, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Life is complete bullshit, for all living creatures involved, not just humans. Just think of literally every single animal out there in the wild..... every single day of their existence is either hunting and risking their lives to fight for their very next meal, or running away from other animals to not be eaten

And finally when its not that, then they're probably instead stuck at some farm waiting to be killed, or at some zoo being abused, or roaming around the streets sick and starving, constantly looking for their next meal

Same for humans, we just do it differently. In total we spend about 60 years in both school and job combined, just so we can afford basic necessities to not starve to death or end up homeless

And we all go through these endless hassles, just to fucking die in the end either way. Definition of torture
Id rather be an animal because they lack the capacity to question existence. They aren't free from suffering, but they don't ponder it like humans do. They just go throughout their day. They don't think about how they're gonna die in the slaughterhouse unlike humans who hold the terrible burden of conceiving of death.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36, sorrowful, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Id rather be an animal because they lack the capacity to question existence. They aren't free from suffering, but they don't ponder it like humans do.
Not all people ponder it either. I know plenty of people who aren't contemplative or reflective like that in the least. I definitely envy them that.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, ijustwishtodie, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Not all people ponder it either. I know plenty of people who aren't contemplative or reflective like that in the least. I definitely envy them that.
Very true.

"Camus states that nothing becomes a tragedy until the hero is conscious of his circumstances. All these people driving into work, stuck in traffic and cursing racial slurs, cramping their backs over filing legal reports in small office cubicles, only to return home, splurging on various centers of satisfaction; just enough to get them to do it the next day. For the most part, these people never go, 'why?' Their life is not a tragedy. But you did."

You may not agree with the overall message of the video, but I think the above quote echos your sentiment.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Id rather be an animal because they lack the capacity to question existence. They aren't free from suffering, but they don't ponder it like humans do. They just go throughout their day. They don't think about how they're gonna die in the slaughterhouse unlike humans who hold the terrible burden of conceiving of death.
Same, I'd rather be an animal. I wish I could've been a housecat instead of a human. I wouldn't want to be a wild animal or an animal in a slaughterhouse though, that sounds rough.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Same, I'd rather be an animal. I wish I could've been a housecat instead of a human. I wouldn't want to be a wild animal or an animal in a slaughterhouse though, that sounds rough.
It does sound rough, but I'd still prefer it to being human. At least a pig in a slaughterhouse wouldn't add that extra layer of suffering to their abuse and living conditions by asking, "why?"

Eating meat is wrong, btw (well, there are exceptions. My special needs client ate commodity meat, which wasn't their fault, as it was all they had access to.) I eat it tho, because I am a bad person.

Life is full of suffering. Trying not to add to it as much as possible is noble. Too bad I'm a hypocrite.

Reactions: voidstar, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
denix66

denix66

Sep 9, 2022
agreed, unfortunately more people than ever are realizing that life ain't wot is says in the brochure..
& with social media & information sources coming from everywhere, many are just in a 'trust no-one
mode' which is understandable.....these are differcult times.
If it is something totally obvious... No one is the one to decide for you... your "life" is yours and belongs to you... I am convinced that in the future... near or distant this will stop, it will change... Currently I am experiencing the situation of a family member (brother-in-law) who has stage IV cancer. in the Colon and metastases in the Liver....there are so many that I consulted in specific renowned Clinics....they cannot offer you anything more.....chemo than any Public Center of the Health System.....Lo that I didn't know. The fact is that none of the doctors are going to tell you that the prognosis without chemo is 2/3 Months to live.....with chemo....maybe 3 years of unbearable pain and useless... ...And astonished I find out that they are NOT going to tell the person involved....who is in full mental capacity.... How is this possible in Spain...????.

They play at being gods....There is no right to this..What's the point of acting like this....????..He is 68 years old and is a Biologist by profession..... I am very angry... .but I must remain silent because no one is in my favor....

Why not give him the option to go in Peace and avoid Martyrdom, sadness, pain and despair.....It is Horrible....and even more so in a Country that does not admit euthanasia....but rather a written last wishes signed by the patient and two witnesses...... Wet paper, if the doctors...the vast majority adhere to the code of ethics......In my city 45,000 have done so... ...An abortion has never been performed in the Public Health System... no doctor has performed it......Only some in Madrid and Barcelona......and that is in any Private Center...

Those of us who are supporters of free decision really have a very, very bad time... every day it is more difficult to access a simple psychotropic drug for which they are already asking for ID AND a prescription, as if it were medicine. classified as a narcotic.... We go backwards instead of forwards...

I take Tanpetadol 150Mg due to severe lumbar and back pain.....that added to the pain, you come to the conclusion of wanting CTB....so that I can rest in peace.....I have my S/N in good condition I collect... but I am increasingly afraid of failure and vomiting.....I think in the end I will choose a Bridge.....it is much safer..... Little by little you are becoming clearer about what You have to think about yourself.....and forget about the "harm" you can cause to your children.....It takes time but I'm already there.....

Greetings to everyone for being here... and my congratulations to this incredible forum that endures despite everything and remains online... we have to contribute to the extent of each one so that this continues... There are few voices left like this.....and anyone who enters and reads.....without registering what is discussed here.....I don't know if they don't have the brain of a Primate......I'm sure that This will give you something to think about...

Only in my opinion... you have to be very careful that no minor sneaks in... I think it is essential that this is controlled in some way... It is the only reason why they can invalidate the work you do this site. carried out....And the day will come when society understands that this cannot be hidden and turned into a taboo.....this must be brought to light and given the importance it has... I don't know You can keep in the bottom of your drawer that in most countries in the Schengen area and in the US the number of suicides exceeds the number of deaths in traffic accidents......This is Demented

A Big Hug to Everyone and Cheer up...let's not let this go away.

• Hugs
Reactions: voidstar
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
4 noble truths:

1. Suffering is inherent to life
2. The cause and effect of suffering is from clinging to pleasure and aversion to pain
3. Ceasing suffering is possible by reaching a state where we no longer experience attachment or aversion
4. The method to end suffering is the Eightfold path (according to Buddhism)

1 through 3 are certainties. Whether one views the fourth point – cessation of suffering – as dying or non-attachment is up to you.

At the end of the day suffering doesn't end just because one dies. Only the "self" that identifies with suffering will end. New conscious beings will continue to appear out of thin air just as you did, and if time is truly infinite, so too will consciousness be created infinite times, statistically (scientifically) speaking.

Just food for thought ❤️

Reactions: sorrowful, Fall_Apart, breezeboy and 2 others
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
4 noble truths:

1. Suffering is inherent to life
2. The cause and effect of suffering is from clinging to pleasure and aversion to pain
3. Ceasing suffering is possible by reaching a state where we no longer experience attachment or aversion
4. The method to end suffering is the Eightfold path (according to Buddhism)

1 through 3 are certainties. Whether one views the fourth point – cessation of suffering – as dying or non-attachment is up to you.

At the end of the day suffering doesn't end just because one dies. Only the "self" that identifies with suffering will end. New conscious beings will continue to appear out of thin air just as you did, and if time is truly infinite, so too will consciousness be created infinite times, statistically (scientifically) speaking.

Just food for thought ❤️
How does a living entity who has a pain center and millions of nerves have no aversion to pain ? It's like being in gravitational zone and expecting not to be impacted by gravity...lol . Aversion to pain is the very definition of being alive.
It's like saying..you need food because you are hungry. So the solution is not to be hungry ..as if it is in my control!

• Love
Reactions: floralheaddress, Tears in Rain, divinemistress36 and 3 others
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
How does a living entity who has a pain center and millions of nerves have no aversion to pain ? It's like being in gravitational zone and expecting not to be impacted by gravity...lol . Aversion to pain is the very definition of being alive.
It's like saying..you need food because you are hungry. So the solution is not to be hungry ..as if it is in my control!
With a functionally disintegrated default mode network (a triangular network of brain structures that is associated with self-referential processing/rumination and forms the most executive network moderating all other networks), nociceptive (pain) responses are globally blunted and decoupled from our phenomenological ("what it is like"/subjective) experience.

It is not that pain networks do not fire (see the first noble truth), it is that this pain is not identified with or experienced across the network that structures "me" as I experience my own consciousness. In this sense, there is a biopsychological decoupling of nociceptive network communication with those that shape our subjective experience.

Hope this helps put it into a materialistic perspective ❤️🙏

I'd be happy to share fMRI research on ascetic brains to back these claims if you would like.
With a functionally disintegrated default mode network (a triangular network of brain structures that is associated with self-referential processing/rumination and forms the most executive network moderating all other networks), nociceptive (pain) responses are effectively diminished.

It is not that pain is not experienced (see the first noble truth), it is that this pain is not identified with or experienced across the network that structures "me" as I experience my own consciousness. In this sense, there is a biopsychological decoupling of nociceptive network communication with those that shape our subjective experience.

I'd be happy to share fMRI research on ascetic to back these claims if you would like.

The science of consciousness is fascinating.

Reactions: breezeboy
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Wow, so what your basically saying is that we will get reborn again? In case we do, is it possible to choose your own life then?

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
With a functionally disintegrated default mode network (a triangular network of brain structures that is associated with self-referential processing/rumination and forms the most executive network moderating all other networks), nociceptive (pain) responses are globally blunted and decoupled from our phenomenological ("what it is like"/subjective) experience.

It is not that pain networks do not fire (see the first noble truth), it is that this pain is not identified with or experienced across the network that structures "me" as I experience my own consciousness. In this sense, there is a biopsychological decoupling of nociceptive network communication with those that shape our subjective experience.

I'd be happy to share fMRI research on ascetic brains to back these claims if you would like.

With a functionally disintegrated default mode network (a triangular network of brain structures that is associated with self-referential processing/rumination and forms the most executive network moderating all other networks), nociceptive (pain) responses are effectively diminished.

It is not that pain is not experienced (see the first noble truth), it is that this pain is not identified with or experienced across the network that structures "me" as I experience my own consciousness. In this sense, there is a biopsychological decoupling of nociceptive network communication with those that shape our subjective experience.

I'd be happy to share fMRI research on ascetic to back these claims if you would like.

The science of consciousness is fascinating.
Thanks. But I didn't get it. Are you saying we have the power to get beaten but not feel physical pain ? If so , please let me know what to do to reach that state.

The one truth, the only truth ..is pain. Rest all are words.

Reactions: floralheaddress
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Thanks. But I didn't get it. Are you saying we have the power to get beaten but not feel physical pain ? If so , please let me know what to do to reach that state.

The one truth, the only truth ..is pain. Rest all are words.
I'm not sure what the experience is like as I'm not an ascetic. But the fMRI data suggests that the experience is something like a separation between oneself and the experience of pain.

The fact that the pain networks still activate despite their separation from the "self" network retains the mystery of what this is like.

Either way, pain is significantly blunted. Likewise, the lifestyle of an ascetic is very conducive to profound joy, connection, and peace. Ascetics generally don't get beaten unless there is an active genocide in their jurisdiction; in which case I wouldn't advise asceticism if you live in one of these areas.

To suggest there would be no pain is unlikely, but the most significant pain is likely akin to stubbing one's toe once in a blue moon, if I had to guess.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
W
I'm not sure what the experience is like as I'm not an ascetic. But the fMRI data suggests that the experience is something like a separation between oneself and the experience of pain.

The fact that the pain networks still activate despite their separation from the "self" network retains the mystery of what this is like.

Either way, pain is significantly blunted. Likewise, the lifestyle of an ascetic is very conducive to profound joy, connection, and peace. Ascetics generally don't get beaten unless there is an active genocide in their jurisdiction; in which case I wouldn't advise asceticism if you live in one of these areas.

To suggest there would be no pain is unlikely, but the most significant pain is likely akin to stubbing one's toe once in a blue moon, if I had to guess.
Ok. May be. Can't say. Even I live a disciplined life. I have not conquered pain. I am speaking strictly about physical pain. I don't think anyone can conquer it. Not unless that part of your brain which has the pain centre is damaged. The ones that display extreme resistance to pain by cutting, self immolating etc are not courageous. They do feel the pain but don't express it.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
W

Ok. May be. Can't say. Even I live a disciplined life. I have not conquered pain. I am speaking strictly about physical pain. I don't think anyone can conquer it. Not unless that part of your brain which has the pain centre is damaged. The ones that display extreme resistance to pain by cutting, self immolating etc are not courageous. They do feel the pain but don't express it.
You may appraise it however you wish :)

I only hope to reasonably reduce suffering in those who find utility in Buddhist methods to reduce suffering, as it's proven to be a fruitful method for most people who practice with them.

If the tools don't seem applicable to you, I hope you find alternative tools or peace in whatever form. It never hurts to reach out to a Buddhist community nearby to observe or ask how they practice to reduce pain. Buddhism teaches non-dogma and encourages/respects individual self-exploration and personal decision.

The tools probably won't be saving me from ctb. They are helping profoundly in the meantime, however. It's worth some consideration, either way.

May you find peace in living or dying ❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
You may appraise it however you wish :)

I only hope to reasonably reduce suffering in those who find utility in Buddhist methods to reduce suffering, as it's proven to be a fruitful method for most people who practice with them.

If the tools don't seem applicable to you, I hope you find alternative tools or peace in whatever form. It never hurts to reach out to a Buddhist community nearby to observe or ask how they practice to reduce pain. Buddhism teaches non-dogma and encourages/respects individual self-exploration and personal decision.

The tools probably won't be saving me from ctb. They are helping profoundly in the meantime, however. It's worth some consideration, either way.

May you find peace in living or dying ❤️
Thank you!!. The tools did help me profoundly to manage the emotional pain. But if I could find anything to be able to manage physical pain , I h'd be long gone ..

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Thank you!!. The tools did help me profoundly to manage the emotional pain. But if I could find anything to be able to manage physical pain , I h'd be long gone ..
I understand ❤️

Chronic pain is awful. I have mild pain from my illness but every pain is unique. May you find peace.

Reactions: doneforlife
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I understand ❤️

Chronic pain is awful. I have mild pain from my illness but every pain is unique. May you find peace.
Thanks a lot for the info provided !! . May you get relief from your pain ..

• Love
Reactions: Rhizomorph1