Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
In pain again due to chronic neck pain. Just said something stupid and got rightly trounced, triggering me to lash out and make myself look like even more of an ass. Gotta go in to work tomorrow to work a job I barely tolerate. That's all weekend. Looking forward to a dinner tomorrow of cheap-ass hot dogs on store-brand buns. I can't find anything to do that's worth doing besides posting here and doom-scrolling Reddit.

Pain.
Stupidity.
Boredom.
Penny-pinching.
Ennui.
Rinse and fucking repeat.

It's all so fucking dull. I know there are people who would be thankful to live the life I live, but I really am just fed up. Big, scary, catastrophic things are what we all mean when we talk about life's tragedies, but there's something to be said about the relentless line of petty bullshit that just chips away at you until there's nothing left.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Forever Sleep and sadandlonely99
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
It's like the water drop torture. Just a drop of water hitting your forehead repeatedly until you go insane. That is what life is like.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Meditation guide, sserafim, Forever Sleep and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
It's like the water drop torture. Just a drop of water hitting your forehead repeatedly until you go insane. That is what life is like.
I thought of that image too. That is exactly what it's like.

D

Deleted member 65988

Ah man, it's like you're projecting my exact thoughts when it comes to life. It's absolutely dull and repetitive, I especially hate it when people say "oh it'll get better" but who says it will, there's no universal law that things will eventually get better. This is why my life isn't something I'd be sad to lose tomorrow if I was told that my last day was coming up.

Reactions: Meditation guide, sserafim and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Ah man, it's like you're projecting my exact thoughts when it comes to life. It's absolutely dull and repetitive, I especially hate it when people say "oh it'll get better" but who says it will, there's no universal law that things will eventually get better. This is why my life isn't something I'd be sad to lose tomorrow if I was told that my last day was coming up.
Yeah, the "meh"-ness of it arguably precludes hope more than true tragedy would. At a very low point, you can imagine how things could be better. At the very least, even if there is no new pleasure or joy, what causes pain could be removed. Much harder to consider that when nothing appeals and nothing really hurts much either. What even is there to change? If I got the best possible life I could get right now, would anything be different? If so, would I really give a shit?

Reactions: sserafim and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Yeah, the "meh"-ness of it arguably precludes hope more than true tragedy would. At a very low point, you can imagine how things could be better. At the very least, even if there is no new pleasure or joy, what causes pain could be removed.
It's the long frustrating periods of boredom and repetitive shitty experiences that do it for me as well as the health issue I have to deal with. I'm at a point where I personally see no reason to be invested in the idea that "things will get better" just because it just should and even if it did, I don't think I'd care anymore.

Reactions: Meditation guide, sserafim and Celerity