TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is perhaps a very common, inane statement that pro-lifers like to spew, especially by delusional optimists. It is very cringey and cheesy to hear that coming from the pro-lifers and it is very obnoxious for people who don't share the same sentiments. More often than not, they will invoke this (or similar) line whenever they hear, see, or have knowledge of someone being "negative" or having a perspective that is incompatible with them. More often than not, whenever someone is going through terrible things or speak of the ills of life (life sucks, or whatever one is complaining with regards to life), they are quickly shut down, dismissed, and then fed such banal lines and platitudes.

If anything, these pro-lifers are delusional and not living in reality while the pessimists are being realistic albeit gloomy and depressing. The truth is there are lots of suffering in the world and just because one form of suffering is less (or even different from another) does not discount that suffering is a negative and bad experience that must be resolved and/or avoided if possible.

Eye Doubt It's video here shows and debunks the reality of existence/life:

With that said, we pro-choicers may be pessimistic, but at least we are honest and in line with reality and not providing false hope nor living in a delusion, pretending things are all fine. While it is possible that pro-lifers may have experienced losses and negative things (as well as suffering), the fact that they mask it and try to suppress anything that may remind of what reality has in store for them is just wrong. In the video that I linked in this thread, life is full of suffering.

Another kind of pro-lifer (usually religious ones) is the one that tries to rationalize and justify the suffering that part of the beauty of life is also suffering. That is just as bad or perhaps even worse because they are attributing suffering to be a positive thing, which clearly is not. Just because everyone has to deal with suffering just by default does not mean that everyone should be expected to do so in the same way, let alone on the same terms. Everyone has their limits and view on how much suffering they are going to take. There are many more bad things and just because pro-lifers don't experience the worst of things does not imply that life is beautiful. Instead, life is full of (unnecessary) suffering and the cessation of existence or to never have been is not a bad thing, perhaps even a positive thing because the lack of suffering and nothingness can never be a bad thing. This is because even if nothingness itself is the absence of good things (since one would have be conscious and sentient to experience the good and the bad), the absence of bad things from the state of nothingness is a neutral state.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Foreverix, sorrowful, DeadlineDialer and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel disgusted whenever people say things like "life is beautiful", it's just insane to me how someone would see the ultimate cause of all harm and suffering in such a way. Existence will always disturb me because of the endless amounts of cruelty and torture it causes and I just hate how these people try to push their insensitive and absurd delusions onto those who are fully aware of how existence is undesirable. But anyway no matter what nonsense they say suicide is always a valid option, suicide is something relieving, all that comforts me is the thought of being permanently free from all suffering.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, girlwithflaxenhair0, Foreverix and 3 others
barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
My view is that life can be enjoyable and beautiful, but in objectively life is bad and full of suffering and you have to find meaning and drive which is a near impossible task in some scenarios

I don't think the main solution for struggles or hopelessness in life should be ctb but it shouldn't be completely withheld from people

I have religious friends and it's weird seeing this almost brainwashing being put into people that suffering and pain happens for a reason

Really it should be flipped around, most people cherry pick the good parts of life, which isn't bad but like you said there really there some more realistic views about life in society

• Love
Reactions: spinningmyself, girlwithflaxenhair0, Foreverix and 2 others
P

paintedbutterfly676

Oct 1, 2023
There is so little good things in the world. Whenever they come, I have hope again. I can push past the urge to CTB. But it's so hard when that thing is gone.
Not that I can blame pro lifers, a lot of my family are, and I can't hate my family. They don't see how bad it is, they are satiated by the little moments of good and can continue to the next one.

• Love
Reactions: girlwithflaxenhair0, TAW122 and sserafim
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
Im personally certain that most pro lifer conscientiously lie to themselves about life. They're not any other way that people can think life is beautiful

Reactions: sserafim and TAW122
D

Deleted member 65988

Instead, life is full of (unnecessary) suffering and the cessation of existence or to never have been is not a bad thing, perhaps even a positive thing because the lack of suffering and nothingness can never be a bad thing
I 100% agree with this.

Reactions: Foreverix, sserafim and TAW122
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Im personally certain that most pro lifer conscientiously lie to themselves about life. They're not any other way that people can think life is beautiful
They're delusional, and they're drinking the hopium and copium

• Yay!
Reactions: Foreverix, ThisUnrest, haibane and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I feel disgusted whenever people say things like "life is beautiful", it's just insane to me how someone would see the ultimate cause of all harm and suffering in such a way. Existence will always disturb me because of the endless amounts of cruelty and torture it causes and I just hate how these people try to push their insensitive and absurd delusions onto those who are fully aware of how existence is undesirable. But anyway no matter what nonsense they say suicide is always a valid option, suicide is something relieving, all that comforts me is the thought of being permanently free from all suffering.
Yes, and I believe a lot of pro-lifers haven't really been in our shoes to really understand what we go through, and of course, there are even those who may have suffered but continue to lie to themselves (delusion and denial) over reality in hopes that their copes will somehow allow them to ignore suffering until it can no longer be ignored.

My view is that life can be enjoyable and beautiful, but in objectively life is bad and full of suffering and you have to find meaning and drive which is a near impossible task in some scenarios

I don't think the main solution for struggles or hopelessness in life should be ctb but it shouldn't be completely withheld from people

I have religious friends and it's weird seeing this almost brainwashing being put into people that suffering and pain happens for a reason

Really it should be flipped around, most people cherry pick the good parts of life, which isn't bad but like you said there really there some more realistic views about life in society
Spot on and yes, life objectively speaking is full of suffering. As for solutions, I believe it should be encouraged to "try" to find solutions, but also keeping CTB on the table as a valid option. Indeed, most people only focus on the "good parts" of life while ignoring all the suffering and difficulties that come along with it.

There is so little good things in the world. Whenever they come, I have hope again. I can push past the urge to CTB. But it's so hard when that thing is gone.
Not that I can blame pro lifers, a lot of my family are, and I can't hate my family. They don't see how bad it is, they are satiated by the little moments of good and can continue to the next one.
True, and those "little" things in life are most likely what pro-lifers look at to distract themselves from reality and suffering.

Yes, I believe they are in denial about the reality of life.

I 100% agree with this.
Thanks.

They're delusional, and they're drinking the hopium and copium
Yes, and hopium and copium are apparently really strong substances (if one could call it that) that if they consume enough of it, they will be distracted enough to completely ignore reality that is full of suffering, until it directly impacts them and in situations where they can no longer ignore it.

Reactions: ThisUnrest, sserafim and haibane
D

Deleted member 65988

Yes, and hopium and copium are apparently really strong substances (if one could call it that) that if they consume enough of it, they will be distracted enough to completely ignore reality that is full of suffering, until it directly impacts them and in situations where they can no longer ignore it.
They truly are. Its convenient for them to ignore the suffering in order to uphold the idea that life is beautiful.
A factor in why I will ctb.

• Love
Reactions: TAW122 and sserafim
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
-Life is horrible! You are just cherry picking the positive things!-

I would say that back to them lol.

Jokes aside, I think it can be both but what is the outcome of every single life? There are no happy endings really.

And "happy" people ignore all of the suffering others go through daily. Imagine how many humans and animals go through undeniable hell every day, how can you even say things like "life is good bro just be positive". Even for you it is gonna end in disaster "bro".

No one escapes it, so why do we insist on prolonging this dumb cycle if humans are capable of some kind of self awareness? Just for the fleeting feel goods we doom someone else into existence and death sentence. Selfish if you ask me but I also understand that impulses are strong.

Still their approach is garbage even when they give advice they expect people to just be happy like them and ignorant of everything around us.

• Love
Reactions: Foreverix, girlwithflaxenhair0, TAW122 and 1 other person
Laurentj

Laurentj

Is it rumination - or is it lamentation?
Sep 13, 2023
It's all a matter of view and perspective: of whether or not one possesses the impetus to take on a terrible stance of the world itself or their life.
Ultimately, pro-lifers generally see things as negative or so and so for what comes to us natural at times as they have a different viewpoint or ultimate end goal they have in mind they unconsciously or willingly work towards,

What drives our current day needs can be very dependent on one's situation but most of the time it is rather often peace and or comfort in their lives, so wishing death upon oneself may as well be giving up everything they strive or steadied themselves for.
Conversely, it is to some of those who browse this forum seeking a way out, the opposite nature in most cases because many tend to not view things as is or as neutrally as other people might've because it is as I've iterated at the start; a matter of one's perspective. Not everyone has the emotion or rationality to have a purpose to see things in another light that instead of grieving over it we may view it as just another occurrence or happenstance.

Reactions: Foreverix
d3c4y

d3c4y

renzzo
Sep 22, 2023
as long as people exist the world will be an ugly and cruel place

Reactions: Foreverix, sserafim, TAW122 and 1 other person
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Bruce Rivers, he's the criminal lawyer!
That's his theme song BTW, it just reminded me.

I'm sure life is precious when it's all you want and you love getting up everyday to suck your coffee and shit your waste. Life is overwhelmingly a subjective experience though, and one can never know someone else's experience (only details about it).

Maybe I've totally lost my mind, but I don't think one's perspective on life (viz. pessimism vs. optimism) is delusional or not. I actually think life itself is the delusion. We make claims about "reality," but we each have our own private version of "the way things are." One's perspective is more or less futile.

Some may be having a good dream, a lot seem to be having a nightmare, and some may not see the point in dreaming at all. I certainly don't have the ontological stability anymore that pro-life types seem to have.

But maybe I'm just nuts. Either way, waking up from the dream, escaping the simulation, or whatever the FUCK this is, isn't the evil it's made out to be. It's all meaningless.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim