T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I saw that comment yesterday on a Fb group for depressive people like me. A guy told me no matter how hard life it is I should be happy just for the simple fact of being alive. And don't compare my life with others'. What do you think? Not trying to be prolifer but it made me rethink and I'm feeling stupid for being suicidal..

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Hyperbunny, _Minsk and 13 others
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
While it does sound like a typical pro lifer comment, who knows at this point, maybe we are simply not ignorant enough or dull enough to not care?
Maybe that is what makes some people feel fine with living out there. Specially pro lifers.
Nah, you are not stupid. Not one bit. It seems like everyone has their reasons for what they want to do here.
I would never judge like that and hopefully whatever people you've been seeing on FB don't either.

• Love
Reactions: NekoNomNom, _Minsk, Isittimetogonola and 7 others
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Life isn't beautiful if you can't enjoy it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Hyperbunny, searchingfreedom and 31 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I know that life can be beautiful, either through effort or just because you were born with a good life.

but that's not an option for some of us. saying that there's beauty in life as a blanket statement just shows that they (pro-lifers) completely lack the perspective of someone who has to push through a life without beauty.

However, I still strongly believe that you can live a beautiful life even with all the pain. the perspective of someone who manages to smile despite their situation is something extremely beautiful and inspiring, but that's not a life that I can live with. It all depends on how much value you put into your life.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, darkghost and 8 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I saw that comment yesterday on a Fb group for depressive people like me. A guy told me no matter how hard life it is I should be happy just for the simple fact of being alive. And don't compare my life with others'. What do you think? Not trying to be prolifer but it made me rethink and I'm feeling stupid for being suicidal..

A FB comment about how beautiful life is means nothing to me. Especially the useless platitude that "We should be happy just because we are alive" That shit just pisses me off !!! :angry: Who the hell are they to tell someone that. Especially if they aren't going through what someone who wants to die is. Life may be beautiful for SOME but it sure isn't beautiful for ALL. Especially since I have seen what others have had to endure on here.

If you can find a way to be happy that is great but I don't think anyone is stupid for being suicidal. For me personally being stupid is going through the same shit day after day until you finally die. This mentality that you "MUST LIVE AT ALL COSTS" just blows my mind.
Why ??? This was forced on me ... I had NO say in it at all.

I've said before people should have to pass some kind of test BEFORE they are allowed to reproduce. Or shouldn't be allowed until they have lived enough life to see how bad it can get... like 90 years old ... not in your teens or 20's.

Well you wanted opinions. :wink: Sorry for the rant. :hug: If you can have a good life ... great. I also would never tell anyone they should CTB.
It should be their decision alone. I also believe no one has the right to tell someone they aren't allowed to CTB. It's ok to ask if that is what they truly want, for some it could get better but for many it never will. :aw:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, Baguette and 7 others
R

RL95

Jul 7, 2020
Life isn't beautiful if you can't enjoy it.

I've got to agree, without beautiful experiences life just isn't that beautiful anymore, and in todays superficial world where money is the key to happiness most of the time (most, not all, don't get me wrong), there isn't much beauty being stuck in 4 ugly walls

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, _Minsk and 8 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

Basically people that think you should be alive just for the sake of it,
are either normie who don't know what they want, or they never suffered anything significant in their life.
at least how I look at it.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, Misery99 and 7 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
You can't tell that life is beautiful to a girl who has been raped.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Lifesamess, Élégie and 15 others
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
To me the problem isn't that life is hard. The problem is that it sucks

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, darkghost, HappyMstake and 3 others
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
what an ignorant thing to say. fuck you if youre sad, KIDS IN AFRICA........

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, charlottewilts and 6 others
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
No one should judge someone's situation. If you feel like shit, your feelings are valid. I'm on board with you, sister. that guy on Facebook was a jerk.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, KiraComplex, Flump and 2 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I counter that statement with "Life is cruel, no matter how positive you spin it" I won't deny people can and should be happy, but saying that it's beautiful for every person that's ever existed and ever will exist simply is not true.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, Isittimetogonola and 4 others
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I wanted to tell some interesting things about life, but will leave it for the time just before the goodbye thread. Too many things to cover.
Better go in another direction. It is always easier to judge from the perspective of a person who does not know how "beautiful" life can be, however, we can put sense in whatever - so it is easier to explain everything that surrounds us. If such an attitude helps you or that person, it is a different story. Different people require different approaches.

Reactions: HappyMstake, Fragile, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I counter that statement with "Life is cruel, no matter how positive you spin it" I won't deny people can and should be happy, but saying that it's beautiful for every person that's ever existed and ever will exist simply is not true.
Totally agree.

Reactions: KleinerWolf
T

thereandgone

Trying to close my loop
May 7, 2020
Life IS beautiful...just not mine.:notsure:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Isittimetogonola, HappyMstake and 4 others
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Well well, been a while since I have heard something like this. I won't disagree with the line. It would make sense to a lot of folks out there. But can those "folks" stop generalising life for a moment. If you are happy then it does not mean everyone else is too. Plus, it takes far more than a quote to get someone out of their misery.

Reactions: KleinerWolf and TimeToBiteTheDust
F

Flump

Student
Jan 14, 2020
My life was beautiful until I lost the most important person in my life. It's now a living hell!

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: lostangel, KleinerWolf, Deleted member 19276 and 1 other person
R

RL95

Jul 7, 2020
My life was beautiful until I lost the most important person in my life. It's now a living hell!

I've been there and it took me around 2 years to get over that, but that was my gf of 4-5 years, maybe if it's someone you've loved longer it takes more time, but there's no other remedy than just time

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Flump
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Deleted member 19276 and Flump
F

Flump

Student
Jan 14, 2020
I've been there and it took me around 2 years to get over that, but that was my gf of 4-5 years, maybe if it's someone you've loved longer it takes more time, but there's no other remedy than just time
I lost my son, when he died a part of me died. I can't function without him. I just wish it was all over now

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, HappyMstake, Fragile and 4 others
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
OMG, the African starving kids... It's like saying live with the bad because much worse can expect you. :/

Reactions: Green Destiny, Élégie, Epsilon0 and 2 others
E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019

As long you as you are physically healthy, life is beautiful, not all the time, but you are the one who is in controll. I know there are several problems with jobs, officials, parents, other people, and so on. You will get upset you will get hurt, but you can always change direction.
There is always a possibility.
Often we limit ourself by saying " I cant do this, because of XY, what will other people say, the consequences...
But what do we really need? We need water, food, air, and (people around us)
Why do you need to do a job you dont like? Do you need the newest expensive things? WHy dont you do a job you like, even if you dont earn that much money?
What holds you back to travel like autralia? You really dont need that much money. OFten we just need to be creative to achieve our goals, dreams and rethink our believes about what we think is right in societies view.

Reactions: KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
As long you as you are physically healthy, life is beautiful, not all the time, but you are the one who is in controll. I know there are several problems with jobs, officials, parents, other people, and so on. You will get upset you will get hurt, but you can always change direction.
There is always a possibility.
Often we limit ourself by saying " I cant do this, because of XY, what will other people say, the consequences...
But what do we really need? We need water, food, air, and (people around us)
Why do you need to do a job you dont like? Do you need the newest expensive things? WHy dont you do a job you like, even if you dont earn that much money?
What holds you back to travel like autralia? You really dont need that much money. OFten we just need to be creative to achieve our goals, dreams and rethink our believes about what we think is right in societies view.

I feel like we are all different as individuals.
Some goals can be achieved by having extra cash in the bank.
In this day and age you also need money to exchange for food water shelter.

But yes the best kind of job is something you have interests in,
it helps the time go faster, you enjoy yourself,
you push yourself and you get higher up in your career ladder if u so wish.

But what do I know? An individual might be interested in living off-the-grid, or become a monk.
Those are options too.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide and Deleted member 19276
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I think of the " goodness" or "beauty" of life on a spectrum. There are too many factors that affect how a person experiences life. In this way, life is different for everybody and some people are more on one end of the spectrum than the other. I think it's important to understand that everybody faces different circumstances in life that affect our outlook on life.

Reactions: Deleted member 19276 and KleinerWolf
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
Typical pro-lifer sh*t.

Reactions: Élégie, next-season .?, HappyMstake and 3 others
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
It's bullshit. If that were true, there's no point in pursuing anything that would be better for you, or helping people in developing countries, since one should still be happy despite every bad thing they encounter. I can't take that seriously.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Green Destiny, Élégie and 4 others
agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
Why is being alive inherently beautiful? I don't see any reason to jump to that conclusion any more than to jump to the conclusion that being alive is inherently terrible. Also, beauty isn't necessarily good. I might see beauty in someone who resists torture in order to keep an important secret, but it doesn't take away from the excruciating pain being experienced by them. Not to mention that the beauty comes from an idealisation formed by a detached perspective; beauty in pain is easy to see when you're not experiencing pain. To be frank, I think that people who say pain is good or that pain is beautiful haven't suffered enough. Not to say they should suffer more, of course, I mean that actual pain cripples you, and if you aren't 'crippled', then the pain wasn't enough. Perhaps some have more of a tolerance than others, or have a reason to keep going through the pain, but the only real way to measure pain is to see how much someone is damaged by it. I don't believe that people who can smile through pain actually experience the same amount of pain in a subjective sense as others, even if it's theoretically the same amount of pain from the same event. Otherwise there's no explanation for the mental 'strength'.

Reactions: Élégie, Outsider, TheSoulless and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Just lol at that logic. Life is ugly and disgusting as much as it is beautiful. Whether or not you like life is a matter of personal feelings and perspective and nothing more. People never have been good at realizing that their opinions aren't objective facts.

Reactions: Élégie, HappyMstake, BrokenBeing and 2 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I think it has to do with the cards you were dealt. I believe for some yes it is beautiful and can be but not everyone is equal.
It is also pro-lifers brain washing.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, HappyMstake, KleinerWolf and 1 other person