• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Life is about how you deliver your lines. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. Humans can sense confidence and fear. Never let any doubt go through your words in every situation of life

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Well then I'm screwed because the only thing I'm confident in is how little confidence I have.
It's all about confidence and having a strong aura. Fake it till you make it

• Aww..
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's all about confidence and having a strong aura. Fake it till you make it
I wish I could, intentionally. I'm pretty decent at tricking people into thinking I'm more confident when I'm not trying. Unfortunately trying to not try is paradoxical.

Reactions: sserafim
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
One of the most contemporary problematic phenomenon is when the individual doesn't consider his irrationality or he tries so hard to ironically rationalize it so it aligns with his wishes. so you always have to question yourself objectively.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Life is about how you deliver your lines. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. Humans can sense confidence and fear. Never let any doubt go through your words in every situation of life
Certainly truth here (I know it's Shakespeare but am I the only one who thinks of Rush when I see this line?), but this is where those pesky "human connections" can come in handy. If you have a friend or other close person you basically form a pact with them that you can each get the doubt and fear out of your system with them backstage so you can go back to performing for the audience with your confident persona.

N

neardeath

Apr 6, 2023
That's why Im fucked as an autistic person. I don't know how to deliver lines and possibly never will

BlendedHeart

BlendedHeart

It is what it is
Mar 9, 2024
In the big stage of life, I'm a background tree, then.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
You're a pretty girl. It's a cheat code. Learn how to fake smile, do it often, and suddenly it won't matter if you are awkward or bad with words. Looking embarrassed or awkward is almost a bonus in that case rather than a hindrance.

One thing about the world being a stage is that everyone doesn't have to be the lead to make the show. Sometimes a supporting character can steal the show with very few lines. You have villains, anti-heroes, comic relief, and tragic characters who have struggles. Yes you're performing, but you also get to pick a role that works to your strengths.

That's why Im fucked as an autistic person. I don't know how to deliver lines and possibly never will

For both of you, you can also learn appropriate times to say please, thank you, "wow!", etc, based on patterns so you don't have to rely on feelings. When someone is talking, throw in some "mm-hmm"s and "oh"s so it seems like you care and are listening, then rotate some "oh, okay" or "gotcha"s when they finish. Neurotypicals love to hear themselves talk, and if you can fake active listening they will think YOU are interesting because they enjoyed talking.

• Informative