Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
born in a shitty, corrupt hellhole? too bad. born poor? too bad. your health is failing you due to no fault of your own? too bad. dont like how you look? too bad. your body doesn't work as supposed and you are anxious/depressed? too bad. dont want to work like a slave for pennies? too bad. all this bullshit makes you sad? too bad. nobody really gives a shit. you should have won the fucking lottery and be born in a healthy body(mind included) to a upper class family in a developed county with the right environment to enjoy life. now you will have to struggle and suffer whether you like it or not, just to have a chance at a livable life. sure you do have some good moments here and there, but it is still mostly dog shit.

nobody really has control over anything. our circumstances and genetics shape us from the very beginning and dare you make a change. everything is luck, everything. even things supposedly "in your control." there is absolutely no equality in the world. hard work means shit when you dont have the right environment/opportunities. looking from the wrong side, what the fuck i have to live for? i didnt win. now what?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: fkyou, hopeisdead, Crono and 14 others
W

wereqryan

Experienced
Dec 22, 2018
100% true. We control nothing. There's no such thing as free will or mobility. Our fates are fully predetermined by our inheritance. Winners are born not made.

Reactions: fkyou, hopeisdead, Kurai and 6 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
None of has control where we are brought into existence, we have to deal with the facts later on throughout the whole life span.

Reactions: GreenTree, Darkover and sserafim
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I think a lot of those things can be overcome

I am poor but I live within my means
I struggle with health and anxiety but I have worked at improving these quite successfully
I'm ugly, useless and nobody wants me but I've accepted myself for what I am and try not to care what others think

Reactions: fkyou, MeltingBrain, magicwiccan1 and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
born in a shitty, corrupt hellhole? too bad. born poor? too bad. your health is failing you due to no fault of your own? too bad. dont like how you look? too bad. your body doesn't work as supposed and you are anxious/depressed? too bad. dont want to work like a slave for pennies? too bad. all this bullshit makes you sad? too bad. nobody really gives a shit. you should have won the fucking lottery and be born in a healthy body(mind included) to a upper class family in a developed county with the right environment to enjoy life. now you will have to struggle and suffer whether you like it or not, just to have a chance at a livable life. sure you do have some good moments here and there, but it is still mostly dog shit.

nobody really has control over anything. our circumstances and genetics shape us from the very beginning and dare you make a change. everything is luck, everything. even things supposedly "in your control." there is absolutely no equality in the world. hard work means shit when you dont have the right environment/opportunities. looking from the wrong side, what the fuck i have to live for? i didnt win. now what?
Yeah it's so unfair. Life is just a game of chance and you have to live the life under the circumstances you were dealt. It's just not fair…I was born pretty financially well off but with ADHD and ASD…I hate whatever genetics or factors made me have this stupid neurodivergence. I hate the fact that I was born like this. Why does my life have to be a game on hard mode? It literally makes no sense. It also can't be changed, I'll have to live with these neurodivergences for the rest of my life

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: fkyou, annointed_towers, sadloner and 3 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
It's true, where and how we are born defines our entire future life. Unfortunately, if you were born in a very bad place, you can't escape from it, even if you theoretically manage to get out of poverty, for example. Happiness is a key factor in life. The greatest art is finding happiness, even when you are "bankrupt" on life's roulette.

Reactions: Darkover, sserafim and Praestat_Mori
roxx

roxx

Sep 17, 2023
No, it's not even a lottery, it`s a fucking arena. Everyday you have to fight to survive somehow. Everything/everyone is trying to kill you (there're a lot of diseases waiting to put your body down, a huge amount of thieves trying to rob you or kidnap you). That's the old "the strong will survive". Poor people survive because our ancestors did it, if the rich one couldnt be the strongest, but have a lot off money to overcome things (like, global warming? they got AC, yachts or simply fly to another country). Even considering our mental state, I don't think I'll survive the struggle so planning shooting myself means that I wasnt enough strong to fight into this "arena". 100% of my problems right now could be solved with some good money. I could pay for a better therapist, better drugs, eat better food, have a better house in a less depressing place that everything around you is ugly and dirty. At least in a lottery you can eventually win, here we're dueling for trash.

• Love
Reactions: hopeisdead, Praestat_Mori, Darkover and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It truly is such a cruel existence where chance so cruelly determines everything, I believe it's always better to never exist in the first place as never existing prevents all suffering, existing is just unnecessary. There is no limit as to how much one can suffer in this meaningless and dreadful existence yet nobody can be harmed by not existing, I see existence as being nothing more than a horrific mistake.

Reactions: sserafim, sadloner, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023

I don't know about you, but for me now what is going to be CTB.

Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
This is fucking true! I've not won the lottery in a few aspects, but the anxiety has ruined my life so terribly :(

I was born in a kinda rich country, I'm quite good looking and smart (especially when it comes to maths and things like that).

BUT my social and general anxiety affects every part of me so I've made some very big mistakes and I keep making mistakes every single day 😔 so my anxiety kills me slowly.. it's like a cancer, I can't do anything with it and it destroys me step by step.
Fuck

• Hugs
Reactions: hopeisdead and sserafim