• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
this quote is actually about realizing that there is nothing after death, it is absolute and final, and as such there is no reason to live our lives for some higher "meaning".

since humans don't have a Creator, we don't have a metaphysical reason for existing.

We aren't created for a purpose, we exist and then we create our purpose.

because we don't have an afterlife, we should live for ourselves.

I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism. Atheism is not believing in God. Not believing in God is easy — you can't prove a negative, so there's no work to do. You can't prove that there isn't an elephant inside the trunk of my car. You sure? How about now? Maybe he was just hiding before. Check again.

so, anyone with a love for truth outside of herself has to start with no belief in God and then look for evidence of God. She needs to search for some objective evidence of a supernatural power.

But, this "This I Believe" thing seems to demand something more personal, some leap of faith that helps one see life's big picture, some rules to live by. So, I'm saying, "This I believe: I believe there is no God."

Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
559px-Tom_Lea_-_2000_Yard_Stare.jpg

Reactions: Darkover
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
For me, it is a game of semantics. What is "God," anyway? I can give you as much proof of the existence of God as you can give me evidence of your sensory experience.

You can prove to me quite easily that you are can see, simply point to things in the world and tell me what they are. Yet, can you prove to me that you have a conscious experience of what you see? Similarly, one cannot "prove" God. Like the hard problem of consciousness, it seems to be outside the scope of reason. You cannot reason your way into faith, at least directly. How this faith may inform your living is for you to decide, hence the various world religions.

Nice McKenna pfp by the way, we really are all just a bunch of bejeweled self-dribbling basket balls.

Reactions: sserafim