LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
It makes me really sad to see how much of this community is comprised of LGBTQ+ and Neurodivergent individuals. I guess this world really wasn't made for us huh :'). I would be interested in hearing about some of your experiences if you feel comfortable sharing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Teleftaía Anapnoí, Trannydiary, darksideofthebright and 7 others
U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
Hey lonely dude, what kinda experiences would you want to hear about

Reactions: SmellyRat
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I'm always interested in hearing about experences that are different from my own. So if you want to share a story or vent about something related to being LGBT or neurodivergent that has affected you, I'm all ears.

Reactions: FatalSystemError591
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Do you guys think the suicide ideation/acts associated with LGBT is because they like get bullied and not accepted?
I am just curious because I read some papers once showing even in accepting euro countries the statistics did not differ but hey maybe it was biased research.
Obviously if you feel you do not fit in you would think about just removing yourself (◞‸◟)

U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
Well ok, maybe this is what you're looking for. I am gay, 39, have fought MS for a decade... and tbh it hasnt been at all an easy life but looking back in it it was a really great life. Was being an operative word. I've been all over the country, seen a few different countries, met many of my goals and done some really cool things.

At this point I'm not able to work anymore... I'm not able to take care of myself... I got called out by a friend about six months ago for letting my self care go, like I was doing something wrong. I don't see how this gets better and I'd ratherpeople remember me for who I was when they looked up to me if that makes sense.
Do you guys think the suicide ideation/acts associated with LGBT is because they like get bullied and not accepted?
I am just curious because I read some papers once showing even in accepting euro countries the statistics did not differ but hey maybe it was biased research.
Obviously if you feel you do not fit in you would think about just removing yourself (◞‸◟)
I never really got bullied but man I can tell you I don't fit in. And now I'm just tired.

• Love
Reactions: darksideofthebright, profoundexperience, SadieStar and 1 other person
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I think that's certainly it. I think LGBT people aside from the obvious behave slightly differently from most other people making bullying very common. This is why I get made when people blame Trans suicides on mental illness when it's probably mostly just because they weren't accepted by their friends, family and communities.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary and darksideofthebright
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
I am actually really lucky that I haven't received a lot of stick at all for being bisexual. the only things that have affected me long-term are probably being told that my voice makes me sound like a 'dyke', I look like a 'dyke', etc, over many years, resulting in insecurities. but why should I be upset about this, since being a lesbian is clearly not a negative thing, at all?

I never really 'came out' due to the fact that I find it pointless and stupid to label people and their sexualities. so I can't speak that much. the fact that I can almost 'pass' as a straight person is clearly advantageous to me in some ways, but I don't like contributing to a label stigma. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for some others enduring relentless bullying due to being LGBT; I commend you all, and love you. you are incredible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, darksideofthebright, Silvermorning and 1 other person
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Alcoholic misfit here with PTSD
giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, darksideofthebright, Silvermorning and 2 others
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
Well ok, maybe this is what you're looking for. I am gay, 39, have fought MS for a decade... and tbh it hasnt been at all an easy life but looking back in it it was a really great life.
That sounds really cool, I've travelled a bit but not anywhere too exotic. Was it a part of your job or are you just a particularly adventurous person? What would you say has made your life so great up to this point?
Alcoholic misfit here with PTSD
giphy.gif
PTSD and trauma have alot of interesting and unfortunate implications for one's psychology. I'm sorry you have to go through that. I haven't drank alot, but the times I have I was suprised by how easily and quickly it lessens emotional pain. It actually kind of scared me so I stopped drinking altogether though lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal and SmellyRat
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I think that's certainly it. I think LGBT people aside from the obvious behave slightly differently from most other people making bullying very common. This is why I get made when people blame Trans suicides on mental illness when it's probably mostly just because they weren't accepted by their friends, family and communities.
i'm just like thinking so please don't go flaming me.
If it was solely from bulling and not any other reason would statistics not reflect this?
Also the trans ctb rate is extraordinary high.
Would not minorities that were actively mistreated have a suicide rate that was similar like umm POC for example??

LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I never really 'came out' due to the fact that I find it pointless and stupid to label people and their sexualities. so I can't speak that much. the fact that I can almost 'pass' as a straight person is clearly advantageous to me in some ways, but I don't like contributing to a label stigma.
I agree, for some reason I have a naturally very egalitarian outlook so I tend to try to see people in a bubble outside of external factors such as race, class, gender etc. Maybe it was how I was raised idk, while I know people judge others on some level based on this stuff and it's unavoidable, I honestly find it kinda strange to care that much.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary and degeneratewaste
U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
Both actually, I started to travel not with family at 18 or so and my childhood involved lots of trips so I always kinda did it and then I taveled for work.
Yeah and the second part is a great question. I've had so many deep connections with peopl over the years. Everything from sitting in someone's back yard in the snow drinking beer by a fire for hours and chatting to being in weddings and just feeling so included. I relocated pretty far and this was a while ago (years) but people still reach out and that's such a positive sign.

LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
i'm just like thinking so please don't go flaming me.
If it was solely from bulling and not any other reason would statistics not reflect this?
Also the trans ctb rate is extraordinary high.
Would not minorities that were actively mistreated have a suicide rate that was similar like umm POC for example??
It's fine. I believe the statistics do currently reflect this. Minorites don't exist in a bubble, you grow up with a black or Latino mom and dad, have POC siblings, friends, extended family members. Even with all that has happened to African Americans they have a great sense of community that keeps them together, it's a similar thing with Jews. You can kind of isolate yourself from your abusers in a safe community. For LGBT people, however, your parents and family are different from you, and especially pre-internet, you kind of had to fend for yourself. For trans people it's especially bad because they can't just hide and blend in like maybe bisexuals can. Being trans affects alot about you. Gender dysphoria is itself a distressing condition and doing things to aliveate it outrasizes you from others. Trans people are also the least likely to be able to pass for a straight person.
Both actually, I started to travel not with family at 18 or so and my childhood involved lots of trips so I always kinda did it and then I taveled for work.
Yeah and the second part is a great question. I've had so many deep connections with peopl over the years. Everything from sitting in someone's back yard in the snow drinking beer by a fire for hours and chatting to being in weddings and just feeling so included. I relocated pretty far and this was a while ago (years) but people still reach out and that's such a positive sign.
Wow, you kind of had a life similar to something I was kind of looking for. I'm happy to hear you were able to experience all of this. My job aspirations used to be working for NGOs partly because I wanted to travel and really get to know foreign people. It's also really impressive that you were able to leave a big enough impression for people to continue reaching out to you after years had gone by. I certainly cannot say the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: usernameforhere
U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
So I was interested in you since you started this thread and read some of your post history. Now keep in mind I'm not trying to be rude but at this point I'm not cognitively where I once was... would you care to talk at all about your story? NGOs, getting to know different people, you seem like a good hearted person

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
i'm both!! thanks for making this thread. i'm a bisexual/ lesbian woman. i haven't come out yet though because some people around me are homophobic. i told some of my friends and they got really weird and uncomfortable but i guess it could be worse. hope things are going well for u guys

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, muffin222, LonelyDude15 and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
t's fine. I believe the statistics do currently reflect this. Minorites don't exist in a bubble, you grow up with a black or Latino mom and dad, have POC siblings, friends, extended family members. Even with all that has happened to African Americans they have a great sense of community that keeps them together, it's a similar thing with Jews. You can kind of isolate yourself from your abusers in a safe community. For LGBT people, however, your parents and family are different from you, and especially pre-internet, you kind of had to fend for yourself. For trans people it's especially bad because they can't just hide and blend in like maybe bisexuals can. Being trans affects alot about you. Gender dysphoria is itself a distressing condition and doing things to aliveate it outrasizes you from others. Trans people are also the least likely to be able to pass for a straight person.
Ok that is an interesting take that the community is to blame as it seems that Jeiwsh people living under nazi discrimination actually have a lower suicide rate than transgender individuals.
In the metropolis especially in the west is there not some community for transgender people to get support from the very real discrimination they do receive?
Would it be a reach to claim that transgenders do not get discriminated against as much as the Jews under Nazi rule where everyone was encouraged to discriminate against them and destroy their lively hood plus be forced to identify themselves as targets in public to be treated unfairly?
What am I missing here to see your perspective?

LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
So I was interested in you since you started this thread and read some of your post history. Now keep in mind I'm not trying to be rude but at this point I'm not cognitively where I once was... would you care to talk at all about your story? NGOs, getting to know different people, you seem like a good hearted person
Ya sure, I was studying for an economics degree at UToronto because I wanted to eventually work for the IMF or World Bank. I think that education and providing a good standard of living for others is one of the best ways of improving the world and I disagree with the way most major institutions go about doing that so I wanted to get involved with them. One good thing about working for these groups is that you get to travel across the world and actually work on the ground with people from different backgrounds and from different classes. It's exciting because it's not just staying in a resort it's actually getting to meet people and talk about solutions to help improve their communities. Obviously things didn't work out though haha

U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
What an awesome goal though... I wonder what other ways you could leverage these interests

dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
I will definitely say that I became less popular to those in my life when I came out as a pansexual woman. My sister went nutty over it, got defensive as hell because she assumed I was implying that she wasn't supportive of me. She is a diehard Christian.
I kind of wish I'd come out about it a lot earlier in my life. I hid myself for the majority of my life & now I'm about to die. Feels like a waste to not have been truly open about myself. Religion/fear of scrutiny were my causes to hide my sexual orientation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, Rn110bg101, LonelyDude15 and 1 other person
U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
Congrats on getting there.

I will definitely say that I became less popular to those in my life when I came out as a pansexual woman. My sister went nutty over it, got defensive as hell because she assumed I was implying that she wasn't supportive of me. She is a diehard Christian.
I kind of wish I'd come out about it a lot earlier in my life. I hid myself for the majority of my life & now I'm about to die. Feels like a waste to not have been truly open about myself. Religion/fear of scrutiny were my causes to hide my sexual orientation.

• Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Autistic, transgender woman here. Not only because the bullying and lack of embracing, we must reminder that LGBTQ themes it's a recent topic in society. We can't took away several decades of opression and social exclusion as we clean the dust.
For example, firstly I think I was gay, since I admitted to myself that I didn't have a real interest of motivation to date women. But I was afraid, specially with my mom. Since I born in a really conservative country, where the LGBT rights are zero (Even in 2020), I didn't have the courage to admit that. When I move out and restart my life, I started to questiong my gender. and this 2020 I came out as transgender, after I came out as gay two years ago. The lack of positive examples derived to not figure out my true gender identity. Also, as autistic person who had social struggles, I think a little slowly than the average, so, to fit the patterns that I'm transgender I took about one year of internal debate in my head.
Since I want to shut up the mouths of conservatives and exclusionits who cherry picking the famous "40% suicidal rate" among transgender with a pleasant, sucessful life as transgender fiction author and activist, I had a reason to keep going and not killing myself even I had some days to want to do so, but recently I figure out that I hate the masculine mask of me, not myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, Rn110bg101, elfgyoza and 2 others
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
It makes me really sad to see how much of this community is comprised of LGBTQ+ and Neurodivergent individuals. I guess this world really wasn't made for us huh :'). I would be interested in hearing about some of your experiences if you feel comfortable sharing.

I'm part of the GBLTQI+ community, and I have to say. While this site is very non-heterosexually neutral, I dont think the majority of people on here are queer (I use that neutrally as a term I prefer.), but I do understand that suicide rates are higher for LGBTQ+ people because of social pressure. But like I say the world isn't made for anyone. That's why we find places where we belong. And you found us, albeit the method. And remember not everyone is here or stays here for suicide.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I fall under both categories. I'm bisexual and autistic. It's been a rough life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, elfgyoza and LonelyDude15
catscradle

catscradle

Now I will destroy the whole world
Jul 10, 2020
I am cis and bisexual and have ADHD (most likely) along with bpd and severe depression. my girlfriend is trans and pan and autistic. we're both often suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, Noriv159 and LonelyDude15
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I'm part of the GBLTQI+ community, and I have to say. While this site is very non-heterosexually neutral, I dont think the majority of people on here are queer (I use that neutrally as a term I prefer.), but I do understand that suicide rates are higher for LGBTQ+ people because of social pressure.
I never said the majority of people here are queer, it just appears to me that the queer population on here is higher than average along with the neurodivergent population. And ya I guess the world isn't really made for anyone but it is definitely more difficult for some people wouldn't you say?

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I never said the majority of people here are queer, it just appears to me that the queer population on here is higher than average along with the neurodivergent population. And ya I guess the world isn't really made for anyone but it is definitely more difficult for some people wouldn't you say?
Not who you replied to there, but I'd say the world is definitely more difficult for any minority. While not everyone likes to admit it, you have to work a lot harder if you're not born a straight white man.

I'm both, autistic and acearo (asexual & aromantic). Don't think I'm cisgender either lol, maybe agender idk
The feeling of not belonging never leaves you, you're surrounded by people who don't understand you and it's often accompanied by bullying.
Being asexual is a weird thing as well because even some in the LGBTQ+ community seem to think we shouldn't be part of it. So not only do I not belong in hetero society, it feels like I'm not accepted as LGBTQ+ either, I'm just pushed aside in a little corner somewhere, all alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: darksideofthebright and LonelyDude15
FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
Takes a deep breath.

So I am a panromantic demisexual, genderqueer human who has been diagnosed with autism, C-PTSD, ADD, GAD, minor OCD, RAD, DID/OSDD, panic disorder, moderate to severe depression, and bipolar disorder (still working on the exact diagnosis as that last one is my most recent) and probably a couple things I am forgetting.

I've been on Zoloft, Ativan, Prasozin, Lamictal, and Propranolol.

AMA. (Ask Me Anything, for those not fluent in redditspeak)

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, LonelyDude15 and darksideofthebright
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
This is something I don't normally talk to people in real life, but it happened, and regardless of how much effort I put into it to keep it in the back of my mind, it just comes up more often than not.

I am non-binary. Biologically at birth, I was born a male, and it wasn't until I went abroad to study that I managed to explore the non-binary side of myself. That was when I started to lose a lot of weight to look skinnier, growing my hair out, wearing make-up, etc. This was supposed to be a process of me finding happiness because I was finally able to explore who I really am as a person, but unfortunately, it has led to several encounters with many males.

There were various occasions when I got my drinks spiked in the clubs, and as soon as I was found out to be a non-binary "male", it didn't only turn into harassment but also rape and anger-sex. For the longest time, I blamed myself for what happened as I put myself in that kind of situation, and it destroyed my self-esteem and a sense of purpose in life. This has led to me losing all sense of self-worth and having trust issues with people in general. For the longest time, I get frightened simply by being touched on the shoulders by a man.

Losing all sense of self-worth, not knowing what my life's purpose is and having trust issues with everyone have all led to me feeling like there is no place or even the need for me to be in this world anymore.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Trannydiary, elfgyoza, FatalSystemError591 and 1 other person
Noriv159

Noriv159

Sigh.
Oct 22, 2020
This is something I don't normally talk to people in real life, but it happened, and regardless of how much effort I put into it to keep it in the back of my mind, it just comes up more often than not.

I am non-binary. Biologically at birth, I was born a male, and it wasn't until I went abroad to study that I managed to explore the non-binary side of myself. That was when I started to lose a lot of weight to look skinnier, growing my hair out, wearing make-up, etc. This was supposed to be a process of me finding happiness because I was finally able to explore who I really am as a person, but unfortunately, it has led to several encounters with many males.

There were various occasions when I got my drinks spiked in the clubs, and as soon as I was found out to be a non-binary "male", it didn't only turn into harassment but also rape and anger-sex. For the longest time, I blamed myself for what happened as I put myself in that kind of situation, and it destroyed my self-esteem and a sense of purpose in life. This has led to me losing all sense of self-worth and having trust issues with people in general. For the longest time, I get frightened simply by being touched on the shoulders by a man.

Losing all sense of self-worth, not knowing what my life's purpose is and having trust issues with everyone have all led to me feeling like there is no place or even the need for me to be in this world anymore.
Yes, I can relate to this. I ended up becoming quasi antisexual at some point. They just want you to feel lesser of yourself and objectify you, but no one will understand what you think and what you feel better than you, so give yourself extra credit and respect for what you've gone through as I imagine it not being easy; don't let guys josh you too much. I think you deserve better.

• Love
Reactions: darksideofthebright
succor

succor

tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down
Oct 28, 2020
Hello, I'm a bisexual transman unable to medically transition due to my disabilities for the forseeable future (still hoping for a miracle, as the gender dysphoria is unbearable at times). I have physical and mental illnesses and am disabled.

Physical disabilities include connective tissue disorder, dysautonomia, autoimmune hepatitis, asymmetrical psoriatic arthritis, hypothyroidism, spinal damage (bulging/herniated discs in lumbar and cervical spine), nerve damage, sciatica, muscle spasms, chronic migraines, and TBI.

Mental illnesses include PTSD, OCD, manic depression, very "mild" autism, memory issues caused by PTSD and TBI.

I am unable to medically transition due to my body being unable to handle the top surgery and recovery, and the risk of testosterone injections on my liver (which is pre-cirrhosis) and autoimmune conditions. I'm hoping to stabilize enough eventually so that I can at least have top surgery.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary and darksideofthebright