Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Who here thinks that SN will allow you to CTB if you use meto, drink a second dose if you throw up, and no one finds you? Who thinks that there isn't enough evidence on how lethal it is or that it isn't effective? Please explain why you have come to your conclusion. I have been reading about this non stop and there are some people who think that the "assumed successful" attempts on this website could be wrong for various reasons. It almost seems like there isn't enough evidence or that the evidence that is available isn't accurate. I plan on taking SN in a little over a week and I am nervous that it won't work and will be put on suicide watch.

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
From what I gathered that should do the trick. That's what I plan on doing.

Reactions: Deleted member 18655
Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
Follow the guidelines to the letter as possible. That's the only advice I can give.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
There's enough evidence outside of this site as well to be convincing enough for me. SN is my exit plan.

Checkmate3

Checkmate3

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Pure SN is a strong poison, that's a fact, and there is enough evidence online that it is lethal, not just on this forum. 25g technically can send 3-4 people to heaven, in some rare cases — 25 people.
In SN I trust.

• Love
Reactions: crybaby, Neville1, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
I believe it works. If people followed the recommendations and failed we'd be hearing from those people often. They fail if they didn't follow the rules.

Reactions: color_me_gone
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
There's enough evidence outside of this site as well to be convincing enough for me. SN is my exit plan.
Thank you for your reply! I think it will work too. I have 99% SN and meto. Does anyone have any resources on SN other the PPH and Lost All Hope?
Pure SN is a strong poison, that's a fact, and there is enough evidence online that it is lethal, not just on this forum. 25g technically can send 3-4 people to heaven, in some rare cases — 25 people.
In SN I trust.
That's what I keep telling myself. Any way you split it, it's a poison and if you ingest enough then it is lethal. It's just reassuring to find out what other people believe. And if they disagree, I want to know why so I could investigate it.
I believe it works. If people followed the recommendations and failed we'd be hearing from those people often. They fail if they didn't follow the rules.
I agree! The most important recommendations are fasting and using AE. Other than that, try not to throw up and use antacids to increase absorption.
Btw everyone, I posted this because I was reading threads where members are saying that they don't think SN works that well. It psyches me out and makes me question whether this method is reliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: rt1989526
Checkmate3

Checkmate3

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Btw everyone, I posted this because I was reading threads where members are saying that they don't think SN works that well. It psyches me out and makes me question whether this method is reliable.

I think they're teenagers. They take a small sip, instantly puke, call for help, and then complain that it didn't work.

Reactions: Leshen
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
The main person was GoodPersonEffed and she is in her late 40s and highly educated. It is a small number of people who questions the reliability of SN but I just want to get as much feedback on this as possible.

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
members are saying that they don't think SN works that well
Pick any method discussed on this forum, and you will someone who does not trust that method.
Fact is, nothing in life is 100% guaranteed, including all ctb methods.

As others have said in this thread, follow all the rules to the letter.
Add to that: make sure you will not get discovered for 8 hours, as the medical profession has an efficient antidote for SN poisoning, called Methylene Blue, which works so well that it has foiled many ctb attempts.

Follow the rules, don't get discovered, I'd say you're good as gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Neville1
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Pick any method discussed on this forum, and you will someone who does not trust that method.
Fact is, nothing in life is 100% guaranteed, including all ctb methods.

As others have said in this thread, follow all the rules to the letter.
Add to that: make sure you will not get discovered for 8 hours, as the medical profession has an efficient antidote for SN poisoning, called Methylene Blue, which works so well that it has foiled many ctb attempts.

Follow the rules, don't get discovered, I'd say you're good as gone.
Thank you for your honest and accurate reply. That is some good advice. You think that they could still revive someone 8 hours after ingestion?

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
still revive someone 8 hours after ingestion
Highly unlikely, but not impossible.
The thing about using chemicals and the human body, is every person's body is different.
Some people's bodies seem to have an uncanny ability to survive almost anything.
But we a talking extremely small percentages here.

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Highly unlikely, but not impossible.
The thing about using chemicals and the human body, is every person's body is different.
Some people's bodies seem to have an uncanny ability to survive almost anything.
But we a talking extremely small percentages here.
You speak the truth, there is quite a bit of variance from person to person. If this doesn't work then I will try hanging. If that doesn't work, shotgun is my best bet. I wish it was easier to get N.

Reactions: color_me_gone
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
shotgun is my best bet
Shotgun with 00 buckshot is probably as close to 100% as you're gonna' get.
Study where your brain stem is and practice your aim in a mirror.
Do some trial runs (no load) to get acquainted to pulling the trigger.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
It's funny you say that. Before I found this site along with all of the resources on ctb, I was doing exactly what you just said. That method is terrifying, violent, and will leave a huge, traumatizing mess for anyone who sees it, so I hope that is not something I resort to.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
The main person was GoodPersonEffed and she is in her late 40s and highly educated. It is a small number of people who questions the reliability of SN but I just want to get as much feedback on this as possible.

1. If you're going to talk about me, please @ me so I can be notified and join in the conversation, I don't read every thread. If you don't know how, you would do it like this: @GoodPersonEffed.

2. I don't at all understand what you're saying that I said or did. I'm the main person in what way?

3. I'm going to say something very blunt, but I am not attacking you. I'm being direct and honest. What you do with it is up to you:

You say you're going to take SN in a little over a week and are nervous. Okay, then take ownership of that. There's a lot to read and learn, and it's your life, your death, and therefore your responsibility. No one else owns your being in a hurry, your nervousness, or the fact that you've only been here a short while and still have a lot to learn about the method. There is Stan's Guide to SN, the PPeH if you can get copy, the SN FAQ or Q&A or whatever it's called that's linked in the Resource Compilation (authored by @Quarky00) and the thread that has gathered all of the anecdotes of SN successes and failures. When you do the research and have knowledge, then you can make an informed, educated decision about whether or not to do the method. Then the nervousness will be down to the act itself, not nervousness about what you don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Didymus
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Have you possibly misinterpreted her. I haven't seen any doubts about the lethality of SN in her postings.
Recently, she posted:
It was something she posted at the beginning of this year. She was arguing with someone about the legitimacy of the successful accounts of SN suicide. She chastised him for jumping on the ban wagon of SN and believing what everyone else says about it. I think she was only referring to specific points but it isn't entirely clear sometimes.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
It was something she posted at the beginning of this year. She was arguing with someone about the legitimacy of the successful accounts of SN suicide. She chastised him for jumping on the ban wagon of SN and believing what everyone else says about it. I think she was only referring to specific points but it isn't entirely clear sometimes.

Quote the post and I'll be glad to clarify.

Reactions: DamnYourEyes
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
That method is terrifying, violent, and will leave a huge, traumatizing mess
Agreed. I was just talking success rate. But it DOES have its drawbacks.

ctb is terrifying in of itself. I'm not sure any method could add to that for myself.
Definitely violent, a drawback for me.
Definitely messy, but there are ways to mitigate that, like do it outdoors in a remote place, so nature can do the cleanup.

Reactions: Fedrea
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
1. If you're going to talk about me, please @ me so I can be notified and join in the conversation, I don't read every thread. If you don't know how, you would do it like this: @GoodPersonEffed.

2. I don't at all understand what you're saying that I said or did. I'm the main person in what way?

3. I'm going to say something very blunt, but I am not attacking you. I'm being direct and honest. What you do with it is up to you:

You say you're going to take SN in a little over a week and are nervous. Okay, then take ownership of that. There's a lot to read and learn, and it's your life, your death, and therefore your responsibility. No one else owns your being in a hurry, your nervousness, or the fact that you've only been here a short while and still have a lot to learn about the method. There is Stan's Guide to SN, the PPeH if you can get copy, the SN FAQ or Q&A or whatever it's called that's linked in the Resource Compilation, and the thread that has gathered all of the anecdotes of SN successes and failures. When you do the research and have knowledge, then you can make an informed, educated decision about whether or not to do the method. Then the nervousness will be down to the act itself, not nervousness about what you don't know.
Hey! Sorry for not attaching your name to this post. So were you only questioning the legitimacy of the "successful attempts" and the symptoms that have been described? Sometimes it seems like you are doubting the method as a whole. But that is only at certain points in the argument. Btw, I don't mean to offend you if I what I am saying is inaccurate or mistaken and I apologize in advance if it is. Here is the link https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-successful-and-unsuccessful.30211/page-2
Agreed. I was just talking success rate. But it DOES have its drawbacks.

ctb is terrifying in of itself. I'm not sure any method could add to that for myself.
Definitely violent, a drawback for me.
Definitely messy, but there are ways to mitigate that, like do it outdoors in a remote place, so nature can do the cleanup.
Doing it outside is the best option. What is your preferred method to ctb if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Hey! Sorry for not attaching your name to this post. So were you only questioning the legitimacy of the "successful attempts" and the symptoms that have been described? Sometimes it seems like you are doubting the method as a whole. But that is only at certain points in the argument. Btw, I don't mean to offend you if I what I am saying is inaccurate or mistaken and I apologize in advance if it is. Here is the link https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-successful-and-unsuccessful.30211/page-2

My post was referring to previous posts in that thread of three other members, which I did not quote, and I argued with one member in particular about the trustworthiness of the author of the PPH and its content. That was where my doubts lie in that post.

At that time on the forum, it was rather cult-like insisting the method peaceful and calling it a poor man's N. The method was elevated and Stan had a mythical status, to the point that another member said she was still in communication with his spirit and he was saying what members should keep living and who was okay to ctb with the method, and that he would meet them after they died. I had a problem with all of that, including elevating the PPH and its author rather than reading it critically and paying attention to the author's overall behaviors, and often advised making a full assessment instead of just trusting because he's a doctor. Yes, I have higher education, and training in how to critically read academic texts for trustworthiness. PPH and the author don't pass the test for me. It's not total bullshit, but there's hinkiness, especially with regard to ratings that change from edition to edition with no explanation as to how the ratings are made, so I have reservations and seek other sources for confirmation of any claims.

What I was saying in that post was that I used that thread (SN successes and failures) to pay attention to the symptoms reported, and that they were not as peaceful as being claimed by the PPH and on the forum. Nowadays, people on the forum acknowledge that it is not a comfortable, thoroughly peaceful method. More folks are scared of the method, but better to be apprehensive and do one's research than to believe it's peaceful, get caught off guard, and suffer more because of it or even call for help because it's more difficult than expected. Sometimes the fear is because of very questionable accounts, so again, critical thinking skills are very valuable.

I do at times question accounts of the method. I've read through all the accounts and have made an assessment as best as I can, considering that we don't know who has genuinely made an attempt and who, for whatever reasons, has posted bullshit. I've read all the resources. My personal conclusion, based on the evidence I've seen, is that the method is reliable when one fasts the appropriate amount of time and uses the correct measurements of SN and water, and if one vomits immediately after ingestion, to take a second dose. I've also personally concluded that it generally takes 20-60 minutes to lose consciousness, and that there will likley be significant discomfort, at least for me. On that thread, I also listed all of the symptoms reported by those who'd (supposedly) successfully ctb'd up till then, and the percentage of each symptom reported to have been experienced.

I hope this helps clear things up. Let me know if there's something that's not clear and I'll be glad to address it.

Reactions: ApproachingDeath, Anxious_Panda, AnotherBrick and 4 others
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Wow, that was extremely well written and thorough. Thank you for your input! From what you described, I now understand the atmosphere in which those posts were written and I see why you took the tone that you did. I have been trusting in PPH but I also understand that I am not qualified to know if it is bullshit or not. I have been reading as much as possible about this method so I hope you don't think I'm just skimming the information and winging it. I am trying to use critical thinking skills like you mentioned and intermittently asking others for their opinions in case someone has critical information that I've missed. For instance, the reply you just gave is much appreciated! Someone who is articulate, has as much insight as you, and is able to think critically is invaluable to this forum. Since the discomfort will be pretty high, do you think xanax or opioids are a better option to decrease suffering? Also, what is your preferred method to ctb?
Inert gas (nitrogen) / exit bag.
From what I've heard, that is one of the most peaceful methods, just make sure you have everything set up perfectly and leave no room for error. I don't know why I fear that I would mess that one up somehow.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: color_me_gone and GoodPersonEffed
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
All of the available medical toxicology material place the recommended dose well above the LDlo (lowest dose that can be lethal). If you are looking for 100% certainty, you won't find it with any method, as there is always the risk of human error or medical intervention.

Reactions: ApproachingDeath
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Wow, that was extremely well written and thorough. Thank you for your input! From what you described, I now understand the atmosphere in which those posts were written and I see why you took the tone that you did. I have been trusting in PPH but I also understand that I am not qualified to know if it is bullshit or not. I have been reading as much as possible about this method so I hope you don't think I'm just skimming the information and winging it. I am trying to use critical thinking skills like you mentioned and intermittently asking others for their opinions in case someone has critical information that I've missed. For instance, the reply you just gave is much appreciated! Someone who is articulate, has as much insight as you, and is able to think critically is invaluable to this forum. Since the discomfort will be pretty high, do you think xanax or opioids are a better option to decrease suffering? Also, what is your preferred method to ctb?

I realized when you quoted page 2 of that thread that you were indeed doing your research on the method and not just skimming and winging it.

I don't know if xanax or opioids would decrease the discomfort, but perhaps the anxiety if you don't have good grounding skills and/or are prone to anxiety.

My preferred method to ctb is N, or nitrogen or argon exit bag, but I can't access either. It will likely be SN but I already know I will have breathing difficulties and I hate suffocation, so I have to work myself up to it. I know I will experience them because when I did the blood test for purity, I couldn't bleed enough when I pricked my skin, so I put a little SN on the wound, not thinking it would get into my system. 5-10 minutes later, I felt the SN go up my arm and down to my chest, I felt warmth, and I started having breathing difficulties like an asthma attack, so I drank a bunch of water and the symptoms went away.

Reactions: Captive of Mind and rt1989526
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
All of the available medical toxicology material place the recommended dose well above the LDlo (lowest dose that can be lethal). If you are looking for 100% certainty, you won't find it with any method, as there is always the risk of human error or medical intervention.
Yes, that is very true. If you jump from a height of 500 feet, I'm pretty sure there is no chance of survival. I also don't think anyone has ever survived a full dose of N. Let me know if I'm wrong though.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yes, both cases untrue. You can drag any example out ad absurdum, but there will always be failures, even if extremely rare.

Last edited:
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I realized when you quoted page 2 of that thread that you were indeed doing your research on the method and not just skimming and winging it.

I don't know if xanax or opioids would decrease the discomfort, but perhaps the anxiety if you don't have good grounding skills and/or are prone to anxiety.

My preferred method to ctb is N, or nitrogen or argon exit bag, but I can't access either. It will likely be SN but I already know I will have breathing difficulties and I hate suffocation, so I have to work myself up to it. I know I will experience them because when I did the blood test for purity, I couldn't bleed enough when I pricked my skin, so I put a little SN on the wound, not thinking it would get into my system. 5-10 minutes later, I felt the SN go up my arm and down to my chest, I felt warmth, and I started having breathing difficulties like an asthma attack, so I drank a bunch of water and the symptoms went away.
N just seems like the golden ticket that would quiet all of my fears. But life isn't fair and neither is death, so if I have to suffer to live then it only makes sense that I will have to suffer to die. Exit bag does seem like a good option, but there are too many things about it that deter me from perusing it. If SN subjects me to 60 minutes of agony, so bet it. I've been through A LOT worse. I will start looking at that final hour as the necessary sacrifice for freedom and begin mental training towards that mindset. I will be fully prepared for it. That is so wild how you felt that through such a small exposure! I wish you the best with your journey and I hope you find the peace you deserve. The peace we all deserve.
Yes, both cases untrue. You can drag any example out ad absurdum, but there will always be failures, even if extremely rare.
That is a good point! I don't know enough about those methods to say for sure but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and rt1989526