Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
I wanted to share the stories of two young women who chose to die with dignity. Both received help from their countries' organizations.
I'm not interested in morbid details about their deaths, what truly matters to me is the path they chose to walk, with courage and determination.

Here is Sanne, 27, from The Netherlands.
Her father ultimately accepted her decision and supported her. An incredibly generous, loving man.

Here is Emily, 24, from Belgium.
Her mother supported her decision, just like Sanne's father did.

I generally avoid venting and may sound cliché, but why is mental illness still not considered to be as relevant as physical illness?
Is it because a mental illness is not probably going to kill your body? What about killing your mind? Is it less painful than physical death?
People advocating for the abolition of death penalty claim it is a "cruel and unusual punishment". Isn't severe mental illness cruel and unusual too? Why can't it be stopped?

Just some considerations, I know the vast majority of you agrees.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, matt1968, Forever Sleep and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least now they are permanently free from all suffering, I envy them for being able to access legalised assisted suicide as it's not legalised at all where I live, rest in peace.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Suicidebydeath and Rogue Proxy
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
oh wow :o ty for sharing this. idk in some parts of the world it's already been legalized to this extent. what a dream. i was v surprised they had their parents support, fascinating all around. i wish there was even a possibility of this becoming a thing in the US. too much ignorance & evangelicals though, ppl that believe life itself is the reason for living & meant to be endured no matter what.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Apologies of going slightly of topic, but u know what annoys me the most are those things...

1706030636602 1706030645539

Geez only because I'm watching a video about someone who took their own life doesn't mean I'm going to kms soon or at all.
Also,.. how is Suicide an "adult only" topic??
Putting it on the same page with drugs and the likes is what pisses me off so much.

Exactly this is why we need a place like SaSu, cause we're not allowed from freely talking about suicide related things anywhere else, and no not cause it's a social taboo, we're getting actively blocked from talking about it,.. sites even remotely skirting the topic of suicide get helplines plastered all over them or they get deranked in search results so they may as well not exist at all.
Well or just blocked in the first place..

I wish more people were as wise as Sanne's father..

Last edited:
Reactions: cranberrys, Deleted member 82921, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Makes me want to move countries.

Reactions: Kasumi
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Even though I want to CTB I hope this kind of thing doesn't spread.
The Canadian government is already lining up to massacre the homeless and mentally ill.

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
Makes me want to move countries.
Sadly, it won't work. You have to be a Dutch or Belgian citizen and even then, the majority of mental illness requests are rejected
Geez only because I'm watching a video about someone who took their own life doesn't mean I'm going to kms soon or at all.
A kind of "parental control", maybe

Also,.. how is Suicide an "adult only" topic??
I guess it's not exactly the topic you're expected to bring up during a family dinner, but I get your point.
When I was a kid, I remember watching a Japanese cartoon in which the topic was discussed. I found it hilarious back then and even told my mother how funny that was.

I wish more people were as wise as Sanne's father..
He even attended the premiere of the documentary. He's an incredible person and has my deepest respect.
I don't glorify death and cannot imagine how hard must have been for him to support her daughter's final wish.
Watching her suffer for such a long time must have convinced him. I believe he's a very good father.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Slow_Farewell and Kasumi