• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
If this is a thought you may have, what legacy would you like to leave once you're gone?

Me? To help touch one life and making theirs better than mine. I admire Robin Williams and his mark on the world. Though most times I feel like I may be the Marilyn Monroe of today... I hate to admit it but I have been labeled as a "seductress" in some circles... Which has left me feeling so worthless, that the world will be better without me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, SinisterKid, HGL91 and 1 other person
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
I would like to leave behind at least one published novel, which is a way to entertain and enlighten the people who read my fiction (and therefore make their lives happier, if only for a moment). I also want to make a more direct influence to improve the lives of other people whom I know personally -- kindliness and good deeds can have a ripple effect. I want people to be happy to pray for the repose of my soul after I am dead and not despair of my salvation. I will probably seem enigmatic to others: I know that I tend to cultivate that enigma. I hope that somebody considers it worthwhile to write and publish a biography about me after I am dead. I also hope that people will want to read it. Perhaps that way my life would not have been completely in vain.

I feel like ending this post with prayer:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Jesus, I trust in You.

• Love
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, Bulletwbttrflywings, Kuolema and 2 others
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I hope someone says I was their favorite teacher.

And that I had awesome hair. Because my hair is gorgeous.

• Love
Reactions: Partial-Elf, Tragoedia Vitae, Bulletwbttrflywings and 2 others
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
And that I had awesome hair. Because my hair is gorgeous.
i wish i had gorgeous hair... bloody curly hair is the pits. i swear to god.. if there is ever any change of being reincarnated. i am going to put my foot down and say no curly hair. ever EVER!!! E-V-E-R!!!!

as for a legacy, I would love to leave behind some music that i had written, or maybe just a video clip of me playing a piece of music well.

• Love
Reactions: Partial-Elf, Tragoedia Vitae, Bulletwbttrflywings and 2 others
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Nothing at all.

Reactions: AtomicNewt, LivedTooLong, Partial-Elf and 3 others
K

Kuolema

Student
Jun 27, 2019
I would like to leave behind at least one published novel, which is a way to entertain and enlighten the people who read my fiction (and therefore make their lives happier, if only for a moment). I also want to make a more direct influence to improve the lives of other people whom I know personally -- kindliness and good deeds can have a ripple effect. I want people to be happy to pray for the repose of my soul after I am dead and not despair of my salvation. I will probably seem enigmatic to others: I know that I tend to cultivate that enigma. I hope that somebody considers it worthwhile to write and publish a biography about me after I am dead. I also hope that people will want to read it. Perhaps that way my life would not have been completely in vain.

I feel like ending this post with prayer:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Jesus, I trust in You.
That was legitimately beautiful.

I just want people to remember me as someone who tried to help people even when he couldn't help himself.

• Love
Reactions: Partial-Elf, Tragoedia Vitae, Bulletwbttrflywings and 1 other person
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
bloody curly hair is the pits.

Everyone's pit hair is curly. I think straight pit hair would look really freaky myself ;)

To the OP's question...similar to their comments I want to leave positive effects on feeling lives. I said "feeling lives" because it's not just people...animals too. I want my cat to feel safe and loved and to have had a good life. I want to help when I can and never hurt intentionally. I don't want a legacy and have no vanity about my name or memory after I am gone, I just want my present existence to help more than harm.

• Love
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae and Bulletwbttrflywings
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
The words on my headstone, if I was to have one, would reflect how I would want others to remember me,

He cared too much about everyone else and not enough for himself.

• Love
Reactions: AtomicNewt, Tragoedia Vitae and Bulletwbttrflywings
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't think I would have much significant legacy aside from the fact that I have ideas and some two cents about advancing pro-choice discussion ideas, countering anti-choice, anti-suicide arguments and stances, and ideas for pushing the death with dignity campaign to cover more than they do currently. I suppose those things are the things I want to leave behind so that the future of this community and like-minded individuals would be able to pick up the fight where I left off and perhaps someday be able to make voluntary euthanasia (with proper checks and balances, safety nets in place, etc.) legal and normalized.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, Bulletwbttrflywings, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
A bunch of filled sketchbooks and a whole lot of disappointment and hurt.

Reactions: AtomicNewt and Tragoedia Vitae
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
If this is a thought you may have, what legacy would you like to leave once you're gone?

Me? To help touch one life and making theirs better than mine. I admire Robin Williams and his mark on the world. Though most times I feel like I may be the Marilyn Monroe of today... I hate to admit it but I have been labeled as a "seductress" in some circles... Which has left me feeling so worthless, that the world will be better without me.
I am doing everything in my power to find a means for patients to protect themselves against the incompetents, the brutal, the sadists, that exist in the medical/mental health community. My legacy will at least make numerous people in positions of power rethink the means the vulnerable have to address issues of redress at their disposal. It will not help me, but we, patients, need protection, and the power is all in the hands of those who should/do know better, but choose to maintain the status quo. Hope that makes sense. Trouble seeing.

• Love
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, Bulletwbttrflywings, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
There's really no legacy for me to leave behind. I have no remarkable qualities or achievements. Just use my corpse for something useful, that'll be all.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtomicNewt, 262653 and Tragoedia Vitae
T

thersi

Jul 3, 2019
I want everybody to know what I was when I die and to hate me for it

P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I wanted to publish a novel but pretty much gave up that idea. There are so many books out there and more and more published all the time, it'd just go unnoticed. So instead of writing now I draw some pictures just for myself.

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
About 100 publications, a handful of which fundamentally changed aspects of my field. Various state statutes. Changes to state agency rules. People who have learned from me.

I have a legacy. I've made a genuine difference in multiple arenas. I've done the work put before me. Now, I want to rest.

Reactions: AtomicNewt and Partial-Elf
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
People have always referred to this idea of a legacy in emotional terms and everyone seems to be really motivated by it. But I never felt anything when asked this question, it doesn't really make me misty eyed and I don't care that much about legacy because people are forgotten so fast.

If I could change aspects of the world? Somehow reform the US government to get the money and special interests out. Redistribute wealth. Get religion out of politics. End gerrymandering and the electoral college. End our imperialist meddling in foreign theaters in all but the most dire circumstances. Institute Medicare for all and strengthen unions and public schools. Change the school funding model. Enshrine reproductive choice as a constitutional amendment or in the bill of rights. Establish the right to die in the constitution or bill of rights. Enshrine national forests as absolutely protected and funded. Start a radical shift to reduce emissions and minimize climate change so humans are able to continue in a meaningful way.