Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Its almost like certain types of people arent allowed to have problems. Like if you point any of the "privileges" out then youre "lucky" and "what are you complaining about".

I hate to break it to you but unless youre a self centered ass the grass really isnt any greener on the other side.

Because im pretty, i got treated like shit. Because im smart i got used. The second i had any money my mother took it. (Not rich, actually really poor (when i say really poor i mean i was the poorest of all my friends that i know of) but rich people have to deal with beggers to, at least theyre more obvious about it instead of "why dont you buy the family a pizza because im a lazy ass and horrible mother")

Its really not any better. And i have no idea why people would rather contribute to this fucking shit hole of a "society" instead of trying to make it better by just telling the self centered ones to fuck off.
Depression and problems effect EVERYONE. And im sure im going to get backlash over this but i dont care. Im sure people are gonna get pissed off and say that im trying to make their problems seem not as bad. Im not. However anyone that makes that argument is hypocritical because by doing that youre making others problems not seem as bad which im getting really fucking sick of. Getting used and hurt because you have "privileges" ISNT FUCKING FUN.

I thought this was suppose to be a site for everyone because i really dont think it is.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: niki wonoto, checkouttime, Scribble Fan and 3 others
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I completely understand what you are going through. I was shamed for being privileged and as a result I didn't get the help I needed because I felt "spoiled and ungrateful". My privileged circumstances combined with my traumatised brain to really mess things up in life in strange, unique ways. Privileged people are less likely to have childhood trauma but it still can happen.

Don't listen to anyone who invalidates your pain. They are cunts.Your pain is real and you know it. Your body doesn't care what privilege you have.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: niki wonoto, Scribble Fan, SosoruzeDosukoi and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Your pain is real and you know it.
i agree with everything you said except this lol.
I cant figure it out. I know im not faking, i know i cant make it just stop, if i could i would because living like this sucks. But i still feel like im faking. I dont even understand why. Although some members of the site have helped me feel a little better so it hasnt been bothering me as much lately. But this is part of the thing. People treating me the way they do only makes me feel worse (whoda thunk that? Not them apparently or they dont care about others)

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Early on in this site, I mentioned I was married and had a few DMs from folks who said, "at least you're married", without knowing the context of my issues stemmed from problems in the marriage. As if some people are willing to accept maltreatment as long as they are "married". Depression and suicide doesn't discriminate and it doesn't fit a specific mold of person. You can have it all and be as suicidal as the person that has nothing. Sometimes I don't feel connected or supported on here because of my life's situation. Sometimes I think I might be an impostor, that I'm just making it all up, but not sure why. There's a special place of loneliness when people can't relate to you on a suicide forum just like no one can relate in real life to you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie, hahabye, Disco Biscuit and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Early on in this site, I mentioned I was married and had a few DMs from folks who said, "at least you're married", without knowing the context of my issues stemmed from problems in the marriage. As if some people are willing to accept maltreatment as long as they are "married". Depression and suicide doesn't discriminate and it doesn't fit a specific mold of person. You can have it all and be as suicidal as the person that has nothing. Sometimes I don't feel connected or supported on here because of my life's situation. Sometimes I think I might be an impostor, that I'm just making it all up, but not sure why. There's a special place of loneliness when people can't relate to you on a suicide forum just like no one can relate in real life to you.
i relate to that so at least we have each other :hug: :heart: just because youre a mod doesnt mean you arent human, feel free to pm me if you ever need a hug

• Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote and western_heart
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Well said @Symbiote... it's really shitty that people on here said that to you.

I'm cautious on this site when it comes to talking about my relationship with my SO. I don't want to make others feel bad or invite sarcastic/hostile responses, but sometimes my self restraint keeps me from expressing things that I'd benefit from talking about. I also feel like I need to stay out of some threads.

• Hugs
Reactions: Scribble Fan, SosoruzeDosukoi and Life_and_Death
SosoruzeDosukoi

SosoruzeDosukoi

Tired
Mar 27, 2021
Well said! I know I've been guilty of trivializing (right word?) people's pain when I was younger, but I realized I do not know the person's pains, and I try to be better of at least acknowledging everyone has different pains and struggles - and it's not okay to bring them down to make myself feel better about mine. Kind of like "one man's trash is another man's treasure" - but with depression lol
Mental struggles can affect anyone, and I feel like it's best to keep that in mind.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, western_heart, Symbiote and 1 other person
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
i agree with everything you said except this lol.
I cant figure it out. I know im not faking, i know i cant make it just stop, if i could i would because living like this sucks. But i still feel like im faking. I dont even understand why. Although some members of the site have helped me feel a little better so it hasnt been bothering me as much lately. But this is part of the thing. People treating me the way they do only makes me feel worse (whoda thunk that? Not them apparently or they dont care about others)
It feels like you're faking it because somewhere along the line you had learnt to suppress and invalidate your feelings. The mere fact that you are on a suicide forum should confirm that you are not faking anything. I realised that I was invalidating my feelings because that's what my family always did and bullying and abuse from family and peers makes a child shut down their feelings, and I didn't even realise it until recently. Might I suggest trying psychedelics like mushrooms because apparently they can make people really become in touch with their feelings and see the root causes of things from childhood etc.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pookie, Scribble Fan and Life_and_Death
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Might I suggest trying psychedelics like mushrooms because apparently they can make people really become in touch with their feelings and see the root causes of things from childhood etc.

People have suggested this as well as weed, but I am self-aware of my issues and no need to pinpoint root causes from my childhood unless I want to push myself over the edge. What's the point of being in-touch with feelings? Is it to make us understand and feel better that things happen the way they did?

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
People have suggested this as well as weed, but I am self-aware of my issues and no need to pinpoint root causes from my childhood unless I want to push myself over the edge. What's the point of being in-touch with feelings? Is it to make us understand and feel better that things happen the way they did?
Psychedelics supposedly help victims of childhood abuse to forgive/accept themselves. Abused children &, later, adults can't stop hating & blaming themselves for what was done to them, which is a completely irrational thing to do, but humans aren't rational beings. Thanks to evolution, young children are wired to never blame the adults, no matter how they treat them; the adult is always right/knows best, so it must be my fault if they hurt me - I deserved it, I am worthless, I am disgusting, I hate myself & it's right that I hate myself, I must punish & ultimately destroy myself. That idiotic crap gets ingrained in our unconscious mind & it's extremely hard to get rid of. Self-acceptance & self-forgiveness are the only way out of our particular brand of hell, but it takes so much fucking work, especially if you're a cynical bastard like me &, I suspect, you

Last edited:
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Pookie, Scribble Fan and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
It feels like you're faking it because somewhere along the line you had learnt to suppress and invalidate your feelings. The mere fact that you are on a suicide forum should confirm that you are not faking anything. I realised that I was invalidating my feelings because that's what my family always did and bullying and abuse from family and peers makes a child shut down their feelings, and I didn't even realise it until recently. Might I suggest trying psychedelics like mushrooms because apparently they can make people really become in touch with their feelings and see the root causes of things from childhood etc.
Ive been thinking about trying shrooms but where i already habe hallucinations a personality disorder and voices, ive been skeptical on a personal level

Reactions: Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I'm sorry to hear all of this. Go ahead and try the mushrooms. Not all the time.... But more times than none they have helped me to gain a new perspective and understanding.

Just remember that everyone reacts differently to them so start off with like 1/2 - 1g. I hope they help you out if you decide to do them.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I'm good looking (or i was till i let myself go!!!!!!), never had problems getting with women, used to have my own business, earned £100,000 a year, had my own house, owned a super car............And i have still ended up here. so i TOTALLY agree with what your saying!! just because some people have what others don't, doesn't mean they can't suffer from mental or physical illness and are happy all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntfish34, Pookie and Beachedwhale