• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LiefLeven<3

LiefLeven<3

the struggle, the nightmares they're finally over.
Apr 15, 2024
Hiii,

I wanted to leave some videos celebrating birthday milestones and such for parents. I have an amazing bond with them and I'm really conflicted if I should leave something as I don't want to cause them more pain than I have to. Would videos be kind of nice, or like hurting from an old wound in general?

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Digital family memory vaults are popular. You should ask your parents if this is something they would consider creating for future generations.

I do genealogy, so this is a normal way to create family memories, similar to a photo album or scrapbook.

eta: I created an online family group where everyone has shared generational photos and memorabilia. It's pretty cool. So, if you don't want to purchase a digital kit, an online group is ideal.

Last edited:
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
Have you watched the Netflix series After Life? It's about a guy who loses his wife to cancer and wants to CTB himself. Every episode begins and ends with him watching some videos his wife left for him on how to live with her gone. If someone I loved passed away, i know I would really appreciate video messages.

Personally, I hate how I look so I will definitely not be doing that. I considered voice notes but I heard a recording of myself the other day and it made me cringe.

LiefLeven<3

LiefLeven<3

Apr 15, 2024
Have you watched the Netflix series After Life? It's about a guy who loses his wife to cancer and wants to CTB himself. Every episode begins and ends with him watching some videos his wife left for him on how to live with her gone. If someone I loved passed away, i know I would really appreciate video messages.

Personally, I hate how I look so I will definitely not be doing that. I considered voice notes but I heard a recording of myself the other day and it made me cringe.
ah yeah, the good old voice playback hits hard :p I've thought about voice messages, but I feel it might be important for people I leave behind to be able to look into my eyes when they want I guess.

Reactions: bipbapbop
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I kinda think it's ironic to celebrate someones birth / being alive by that way, it would honestly ruin any celebration event.

LiefLeven<3

LiefLeven<3

Apr 15, 2024
Digital family memory vaults are popular. You should ask your parents if this is something they would consider creating for future generations.

I do genealogy, so this is a normal way to create family memories, similar to a photo album or scrapbook.

eta: I created an online family group where everyone has shared generational photos and memorabilia. It's pretty cool. So, if you don't want to purchase a digital kit, an online group is ideal.
I was thinking of like a USB stick with instructions when to open the videos, but I'll look into that! thank you :)
I kinda think it's ironic to celebrate someones birth / being alive by that way, it would honestly ruin any celebration event.
Sorry English is not my first language. Do you mean that like in a way that is selfish, mood ruining or just cruel for the people?

Reactions: Little_Suzy
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Sorry English is not my first language. Do you mean that like in a way that is selfish, mood ruining or just cruel for the people?
Nvm, not mine either. No I don't mean it's cruel to have such urge. I just think that it's better to not turn into "haunting ghost" after you are gone, because it might hurt the ones you love. It's better if they can some how move on eventually, because life is for living people.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LiefLeven<3
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I was thinking of like a USB stick with instructions when to open the videos, but I'll look into that! thank you :)

Many parents wish their children could stay with them forever. Given the special bond you share with your parents, I believe that they will find comfort in the personal videos that you create for them

• Informative
ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
Perhaps, you can do it for your own birthdays instead? Not every one, maybe one for every like every five years or so. They'll be thinking of you anyway, and then you don't have to worry that they'll feel saddened on their own birthday/special event.

EDIT: Unless I'm reading this wrong and you meant your own birthdays anyway? A little tired right now so I'm not sure. Either way.

LiefLeven<3

LiefLeven<3

Apr 15, 2024
Perhaps, you can do it for your own birthdays instead? Not every one, maybe one for every like every five years or so. They'll be thinking of you anyway, and then you don't have to worry that they'll feel saddened on their own birthday/special event.

EDIT: Unless I'm reading this wrong and you meant your own birthdays anyway? A little tired right now so I'm not sure. Either way.
No, you were right, originally I was planning for their birthday, like a little message at the end of the day, but you make a good point. If I do, I probably might just keep it to my birthdays , but maybe just after New Years Eve on maybe the 4th, but then again I don't want them to grief or make times about me, even a bit during that period. It's conflicting. :/

• Love
Reactions: ChiseHatori