alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
TL;DR: Can't bring myself to CTB because family is everything, but desire to die becomes more intense and clear with each day, despite meds.

My close family consists of my mother, my aunt and her son. They all love me very much and will do anything to see me alive, even for another day.

I know I am needed, because I am an able-bodied man. My mother and my aunt are already in their 50s and my cousin is kind of an useless burdensome teenager right now.

They literally need me to carry heavy things, because even though I'm scrawny and skeletal from not eating enough, I'm still far stronger than them.

Due to circumstances I do not wish to discuss right now, I was left permanently suicidal. I'm on three different meds right now, and all they managed to do was to reduce my anguish to a level that I can function, eat, get out of bed, look people in the eye without appearing half dead. But I'm still suicidal.

With my new found clarity, I was able to stop attempting to catch the bus from partial hanging and jumping, which would never work because of survival instinct.

I was able to locate a local store which sells sodium nitrite, which I will pay a visit to as soon as the national holiday going on right now ends. If that doesn't work, I will have to source it from the internet. That could take over 2 weeks, which would suck.

The only thing that overrides my desire to leave this world behind is the feeling of guilt in not being there for these people anymore. They will need me so many times in the future, I feel some kind of responsibility to get better and survive this hell going on inside me. But I feel I'm getting closer to CTB as my life becomes more frustrating and pointless with each day.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: plurkid, Grayfield, pole and 3 others
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
I'm sorry you're in this situation. Your close family sounds really supportive.

What matters is that in the end it is our choice to end our lives, and if you aren't 100% sure you want to leave yet, then don't do it.
It would be really sad if you regretted your decision after you took SN and died. You can always kill yourself later if you'd like.

Whats life if you can't live it, and if you need to stay for the sake of others? It's not even for your sake or enjoyment.
It's up to you to decide if it's worth it dealing with the constant stress, guilt and suicide thoughts for of your family.
In the end, everyone has their breaking point. You can stay alive for a while and delay your suicide, but if you don't get better then it's a matter of time when you'll ctb.

Sometimes I feel super guilty aswell. My family needs me too when it comes to certain things, but they're not as dependent on me as your family is on you.
Most people that want to ctb deal with that, you're not alone!

I'm here if you need anyone to talk to <3

Reactions: peaceindeath and alivefornow
alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
I'm here if you need anyone to talk to <3
Thanks for your kind words.

I do want to leave, I'm however pretty sure they will not be ok once I'm gone. This hurts like hell and feels like war inside my heart.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I hope you decide to stay ❤️

Reactions: alivefornow
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like a difficult situation to be in, and of course it can certainly be so awful and tiring feeling trapped in this world when you just wish to be gone. But anyway, I wish you the best.

Reactions: alivefornow
SunnysSunset

SunnysSunset

it is what it is
Feb 5, 2023
I can relate. It's awful because it feels like no matter what you do you can't escape.
Best of luck:heart:

plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
I feel this. My mom's already dead but I don't want to dishonor her memory. Grandparents will probably die soon, they'd be the most effected, so I'm basically waiting for them to die, then it will be time to truly decide whether.or not I want to live. Until then I endure, but days are going by and the pain only gets stronger.